PDA

View Full Version : Subitled: Be careful whose boobies you steal. (1/9)

Woody
January 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Last night while doing my news rounds, I found some info on the impending Guitar Hero II port to the XBox 360. Key among the details was that the 360 release would have 10 more songs in the track list. (from Pearl Jam, Rancid, Iron Maiden, and Alice Cooper among others.)

Maybe it was all a grand scheme set up by Ted to make sure he secured a free 360 for himself, I'm not certain. I'd just like to know why, a newly retaliated against, Santa just so happens to be at the Microsoft offices the day Bill Gates gets a request for a free 360 from Ted. Hmmm. I'd scratch my beard here, but I'm afraid the irony would be lost.

Now, I've been considering the purchase of a 360 since I first heard about the GH2 360 port last year. As a Guitar Hero fan how could I not? The idea of being able to download new songs via Xbox Live is appealing, to say the least. But the idea of getting 10 new songs is enough to press the issue?

UPDATE
Apparently the folks at GameInformer got all the good dirt on the GH 360 port:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200701/N07.0108.1808.46300.htm

Nishido
January 9th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Wow, I never knew that. I'm planning on getting a 360 around may/june. I already have GH1+2 for the PS2 though... so I'm not sure. I must do some serious pondering on the issue.

Ramen Ninja
January 9th, 2007, 01:09 PM
My friend just bought an xbox 360 for $100 dollars off new. I might get guitar hero 2 but i already have it on PS2. Buying it for xbox 360 means buying the controller again too.

Lusitano
January 9th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Ah, come on, just give it to Ted. After all he's done I believe that he truly deserves it :D .

DashCat9
January 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I've been holding out on GH2 for the 360 release. That's great news!

Poor Santa. The guy should have just given the PS3 to Ted. They weren't that hard to find during the holidays (especially for the jolly fat man)....and he's probably had kids mailing them back to him for weeks now anyway.

Jraik22
January 9th, 2007, 01:34 PM
LOL, loved the comic. I also love how Santa only has half a beard. Ted is great.

jim8508
January 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
With a broken PS2 - pretty sure it was the lens adjustment problem...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2#Disc_Read_Error
And with no intention of getting a PS3 anytime soon... I am a Guitar Hero virgin and very excited about the game landing on my beloved 360.

Katuyah
January 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
LOL Ted should give him a bright orange mohawk next time... :D

Hekubis
January 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM
just to serve as an FYI before you buy a 360 for GH2. Microsoft is not releasing it's wireless technology to 3rd party vendors... The downside to this is that you won't be seeing a wireless guitar controller for the 360. The PS3 however, uses bluetooth so you can probably expect to see the wireless guitar for that system.

I don't own a PS2( or 3 for that matter) and have never played Guitar Hero outside of a store's demo, so I don't know what you are already used to. As a 360 owner I am pretty disappointed that I'm going to have to tether myself to the console in order to enjoy this game.

Just some food for thought.

Great Comic as well!

Saroc_Luclin
January 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Santa knows all, so it's not surprising he stopped by in Redmond just when the letter arrived. :)

Ygrane
January 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Santa's mean, he knows Ted will stare at the XBox 360 revision with envy.

Woody
January 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Why would the controller not being wireless dissuade me from buying it for the 360? None of my other controllers are wireless.

darkslider
January 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Regarding no wireless Guitar Hero 2 Controller for X360 - surely they can just include their own wireless dongle that slots into the controller slot?
Like nintendo did with the wavebird.

Rzar
January 9th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I am going to snag a 360 probably when GH2 is released. I have been wanting to get one since they started the HD movie download service. Putting Rancid tracks on GH2 is just icing on the cake!

* FYI When I played GH on my PS2 (before i traded it for a DS lite) the controller was wired and I have no intention in buying a PS3 so why would i care if it is wired or not? I actually think the wire is better, makes it feel like I am plugged into an amp.

Oh Woody BTW Gears of War looks awsome in 1080p on 67 inch screen ;). Played it at a friends house like that.

Woody
January 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, my 360 lust blossomed with Gears of War. GH2 in March just made it worse.

Takara
January 9th, 2007, 03:44 PM
What was that one we saw on TV last night that looked so nummy?

Lost Planet.

We both went "Oooooooh."

And I'd give Ted anything he wanted. Seriously. It's not worth a shaved -anything-.

Woody
January 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

Andara Bledin
January 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Heh. I'm surprised Ted stopped at just half the beard and mustache. If I were the type to do such things, I would have take out half the hair and the eyebrow, too. Or maybe the opposite eyebrow, for some asymmetry.

GH2 with extra songs is the first thing I've heard that has made me interested in a 360.

^-.-^

Trinntele
January 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Dead Rising. Its the most awesome zombie game ever.

Vuther
January 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Just when you thought Santa won...

Poor Santa Claus.

Woody
January 9th, 2007, 06:21 PM
UPDATE
Apparently the folks at GameInformer got all the good dirt on the GH 360 port:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200701/N07.0108.1808.46300.htm

KaiTenSatsuma
January 9th, 2007, 07:34 PM
hmmm would be complete if he was missing an eyebrow too

aw what the heck, shave him whole and see who recognizes him and doesnt think its Elmer Fudd

Woody
January 9th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Apparently, shaving off half of a two thousand year old beard wasn't enough.

Stormhaven
January 9th, 2007, 11:03 PM
If you're planning on getting a 360 now, well the best thing to do would be to... wait. There's some buzz on the pipeline that Microsoft is already working on the 360 v.2 codenamed Zephyr.
Endgadget
Even if you don't have a 1080p TV or need a HDMI port, the release of the v.2 may drive down the cost of the original 360 sets.

Just something to think about if you're not in a super rush to get a 360 right this minute.

Woody
January 9th, 2007, 11:47 PM
"There isn't any announcement today about any new configuration that may or may not be happening."
- Chris Satchell, General Manager of the Game Developer Group at Microsoft, on the "new 360" rumors

**grins**

Shadow
January 10th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Dead Rising, Gears of War, Lost Planet ... mmm mmm mmm :)
I've given in to my x360 lust some time ago, can't say i regret it thus far.

ZZT Dwarf
January 10th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Bought myself a 360 before xmas. Started great - couldent handle the controller since Ive allways been 100% into PCs. Got really frustrated with the first couple of games, but then I got Gears of War for xmas. That game alone is worth getting the 360 for. Definately got me motivated to practice with the controller.

Think Lost Planet: Extreme Condition will be my next purchase!

Warfust
January 10th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I love my Wii, but I have to admit that the GH2 port and Gears of War have started to peak my interest.

The Lost Planet trailer I watched didn't help either. I just may end up getting one (oh the shame).

I'll get a used PS2 when they drop to $50, just for GH1 and some of the RPG titles.

Hekubis
January 10th, 2007, 09:27 AM
In response to the wired v. wireless debate.
I guess I've been spoiled by the 360... I can't stand wires now. Plus with two med/large size dogs roaming around my place Wires look very appetizing and often get tangled in paws. Guess it's all a matter of prospective.

I will say the additional port that may or may not be on the guitar for a distortion pedal is definitely intriguing.

I wouldn't let a wired guitar stand in the way of you buying a 360. I've had mine since Day 2 of release and absolutely love it. Gears of War has definitely increased that as well. Can't wait to play the new multiplayer maps today.

Haakon
January 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I went to trade in my PS2 and purchase a PS3 but when the guy said that I would not be able to GH1 or GH2 i said forget that and kept my PS2. Then the sales guy tells me that XBOX 360 is going to have it as well in a few months I upgraded the Xbox to a 360 and cannot wait for the good times to Rock and Roll...

PyroduckXD
January 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM
mabye santa set up the letter, to get bill gates to turn on ted and release a patch for microsoft xp just for ted that will break the computer again :O

craZyJ
January 10th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Apparently they're also porting GH to Wii.

http://www.thewiire.com/news/496/1/Guitar_Hero_Goes_Multiplatform

Woody
January 10th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Activision has made no secret of the fact that they intend to milk Guitar Hero for everything it's worth. That alost garauntees ports to every console possible.

Stormhaven
January 10th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Believe it or not, Viva Pinata may become a stealth hit. A lot of game mags wrote it off as a kiddy game, but are re-reviewing it a month or so after their original review because they're still playing it. I'm one of those people who didn't think much about it, but now I'm 4 gardens and probably 60hrs into the game :p