PDA

View Full Version : Worst feature ever (housing problem)

mtweldon
March 12th, 2007, 09:56 PM
So I suppose you can partially blame this on me for not being 100% attentive, but I find this feature to be freaking ridiculous.

I just mined for 2 hours getting 200 sandstone and 4 soapstone for my house. I got them all crafted and payed my gold to the crafter so I Could have my bricks and cornerstone. In the excitement that I was getting to be 99% done with my house I right clicked the house, clicked construct and the construct window popped up with the little plot info behind it and so I added all my components. I scrolled down to see something odd, WTF I'm missing 2 components I know I added yesterday, Grr I thought, perhaps a rollback on the housing server or something 1 gold lost :(. Then I clicked on the housing information to see how I was doing on upkeep costs... to find out this is not my house and I am 1 house down from mine with no way of getting any of my components back.

1. Why would you allow people to add in components to someone elses house with no way to get them back?
2. WTF why not a confirmation saying.. btw this is not your house.
3. I hate life right now, I really hope the GM's are really cool and help me out here.

I will update and let you know of my stupidity / a terrible feature that can lead to some unhappy people caught up in the excitement.

Johaocarl
March 13th, 2007, 07:46 AM
1. Why would you allow people to add in components to someone elses house with no way to get them back?

I guess that as it is a new feature, they don't thought that someone can go to the wrong house. The feature was implemented because some players had friends helping to build the houses and wanted the feature implemented.

If someone ask they problably will implement a confirmation key. A lot of features don't had a confirmation key and now they have.

Janus
March 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM
that's why i built my house in the middle of nowhere on a plot on a hill ;)

Teleri
March 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I really hope the GM's are really cool and help me out here.

That REALLY sucks. Anyway you can get a hold of the person you helped out? Maybe they can make restitutions to you... as I have a feeling the GMs won’t be able to do a whole lot… but I hope they can.

And you might want to post here as well:
http://www.vanguardcrafters.com/forums/