PDA

View Full Version : Tier 3 Areas on Kojan?

Soresha
March 17th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Can anyone help me about with some info on this please?

I'm playing a wood elf, and I love the Kojan continent. I've generally moved around the continent following the quests from one area to the next. Last time I went hunting with my friend we were killing 3 dots 18s and 19s in the central blighted area (East of Jalen's Crossing). I've got a couple of the fairly difficult quests left to do, although I'm not really that bothered about them. So I'm wondering - where do I go next?

I haven't found any NPCs instructing me to move on to another adventuring area. The Outpost "House of the Fallen Leaves" has a couple of noddy quests sending you to Thestra and Qalia docks - is this a hint that there's no real tier 3 continent on Kojan?

I visited a couple of the smaller islands, and found they were plot islands not adventure/harvesting areas. I'm wondering if Ceros Isle and the surrounding little islands in the middle of the continent are maybe hiding something, but it's a long trip if I'm only going to find more plots!

Simply looking at the size of the land masses on the map concerns me, Kojan is considerably smaller than the other two, so where is all the tier 3, 4 and 5 content hiding? I also have suspicions that Kojan was short-changed on content as well as land mass, with less quests and facilities. (Compare Tawar Galen to Southwatch - TG has no Bank, no Exchange Vendor, no Missive Postings...)

I really love the Kojan scenery, and given the choice I'd rather play there than on Thestra or Qalia. So if I'm missing something here, please fill me in!

Thanks

Soresha

Janus
March 18th, 2007, 11:05 AM
kojan has no t3 and t4 content. it has some t5 content tho, like ceros island (but you'll hate this island, trust me ;))

so as a wood elf you have to leave kojan and go adventure on qalia and thestra until at least level 40 before checking back for kojan.

Ryodanu
March 19th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Im Kojan too, half elf. I went to Thestra at about 15 or so and have had plenty to do. Qalia was OK for a brief visit but I live in the desert so I like my virtual world a bit greener. Lots of new quests and stuff all over Thestra. Bit of a long haul getting around, it's much bigger then Kojan, but once you get off the docks at New T it isnt too bad. I like the fact they make you go to other continents for stuff. Makes you actually go adventuring :)

lakoda
March 19th, 2007, 10:14 AM
After you do most of the mid/high teens quests at the house of the fallen leaves (I think that's what it's called) you'll get quests to head to Khal and to one of the cities on Thestra (can't remember which) - it is there way of telling you that you need to go to these places if you expect to continue to adventure.

From what I've read Kojan is only designed up to 20-ish. It is really only half a continent (if that) - kind of crummy IMO. If you haven't played on the other continents (with alts or something) you don't get a good idea of how big the world is so I'd imagine it could be kind of overwhelming to go from Kojan to one of the others. My wife and I are 18 now and will be wrapping up Kojan soon and heading over to Khal, ourselves.

Darkov
March 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Kojan is a fantastic little place, you can find everything you need from 1 - 15 or so, then it gets a little weird as the content jumps to about 20 - 25. But as it's so small you will find yourself never wondering where to go next in those first 15 levels, and you are always close to other players to group with.

If you start on Thestra and Qalia everything is very spread out from the start and just the sheer amount of traveling involved can be quite suprising in comparison to Kojan. I think you can't really appreciate the size of Telon until you've leveled up a Kojani either, something about everything being so close together just makes the rest of the world seem more massive by comparison :D

lakoda
March 19th, 2007, 11:27 AM
That's a good point Darkov, Kojan and the other two do really compliment each other well.

The quests are pretty good at getting you to where you need to be for a certain level - the only way I could fault them is in there subtlety.

Soresha
March 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all the responses, guess it's time to move on then, at least for my adventuring.

I'm a little disappointed though. From a RP point of view it's hard to feel like you're playing a Kojani character if you've only got half a continent's worth as your homeland, and you can't do your questing there.

I had a vague plan to develop one character on each continent. I do like exploring but I wanted to still have something fresh left to explore later when I start Thestran and Qalian characters. Oh well, looks like that plan isn't going to work then!

It's also frustrating from a crafting point of view. I need to do my WOs on Kojan for the faction (I hear rumours of needing 2k faction for the t4 boat quests??) and Kojan doesn't have those nice trading companies to get easy craft faction from. But then I have to visit another continent to get the t3 resources. Hopping back and forth is going to get tedious when they take those temporary teleporters out...

Ryodanu
March 20th, 2007, 10:10 AM
It is a bit tedious to hop back and forth for rescources but you get more recipes from each continental style so it's worth it for developing as a crafter. And if you have faction troubles in Kojan go craft at Tawar. I was gaining plus 10 faction per work order there. The only down side to hopping from continent to continent is gaining the faction to get WO and quests, and then of course in some areas being KOS. Its not too hard to get both fixed though.

Darkov
March 20th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Kojan was hit by some major disaster or something that destroyed half the continent.. hence the lack of land mass, and therefore the lack of content. Though Sigil have said they can add islands relatively easily, so I would expect more of Kojan to be added in the future.