PDA

View Full Version : Children of Men

Whytewulf
April 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Watched this tonight, pretty good movie. It got lots of critical hype and I can see why. It definatley had political undertones, but it was entertaining and scary none the less. I was also quite suprised at a few things. I would recommend it.

Da_Dude
April 10th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I saw it in theatres and after watching it I felt myself thinking why I hadn't watched it sooner. I was a great movie, but unfortunatly didn't seem to get the hype it deserved.

Aren31
April 10th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah this movie was awesome, a top 5 pick of the last few months for me.

Very good shots, an interesting plot, and some shocking visuals that get you emotionally involved

I highly recommend this movie

Breandan
April 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I saw and read enough about this movie to be disgusted by the political hackery that they smarm in it (summing it up in simplistic terms- Muslim terrorists = good guys, evil bad Westerners = bad guys. Oversimplifying it, perhaps, but that's what I walked away from it with, and it torqued me off), too much so for me to watch fully. The basic story had a helluva lot of potential, but they bollocksed it up by letting too much of their political views into it, ruining an otherwise good movie.

Flake
April 10th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Overall, I enjoyed it. As Breandan said, the political bipolarization was a little dumb, but sometimes it's interesting to see what people think the future will look like. But the whole "Britain goes fascist" already was done in "V for Vendetta."

As far as movie making is concerned, it was a cinematogragasm. The enormously long shots and incredible stunt work and practical effects were insane (+ DVD specials make it even more incredible when they explain shots). Some of the storytelling was lost in the movie making magic, as I didn't really get the whole "point" of the movie.

Anyhow, it's great movie making, and I recommend a viewing.

Whytewulf
April 10th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I didn't recognize the "sides" per se. Just the survival aspect.