PDA

View Full Version : WoW Mezzing

Spruk
April 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Hey all,

I just started WoW again and I was wondering what classes can mezz. I use the term because I played EQ for so long. I am trying to see what ways are out there to reduce the number of adds during a pull. Thanks

DemonMage
April 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM
There isn't one. They spread those abilities out, based upon mob type, to various classes.

Priests can do undead (and in a sense humanoids)
Warlocks can do humanoids and elementals
Druids can do animals and dragons
Mages have the best humanoid control
Rogues can kinda do humanoids

All I can think of off the top of my head.

junior
April 12th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Warlocks can do humanoids and elementals

And demons

Mages have the best humanoid control

And beasts

Kaziel
April 12th, 2007, 05:15 PM
And beastsAnd critters!
>.>
<.<
>.>

Koskun
April 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM
A priest on the top of their game with Mind Control can really turn the tide of a fight against humanoids.

Also Hunters and their Ice Trap. Not the perfect solution (depending on spec) but can help quite a bit.

junior
April 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Mind Control doesn't resemble a mez effect, though. In fact, I see it used most often in order to cause mobs within a group to destroy a particularly troublesome compatriot (for instance, in Scholomance) before pulling.

For alternate crowd control, it's definitely a possiblity, as is the ability of warlocks, priests, and warriors to fear everything except undead, and the ability of paladins to fear undead. Mages and druids can also root any mob in place for short periods of time so long as that mob doesn't get nuked, or get hit in melee.

DemonMage
April 12th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, fear is pretty rocking CC in the Burning Crusade instances.

yewsef
April 13th, 2007, 01:56 AM
I think Mages are the best Mezzers with their sheep spells. Rogues can Sap but before group aggros the mobs, if the mobs were aggrod Rogues cant sap.

Hunters Frost trap almost work on most monsters and their pet is the ultimate parker(offtank) if you do get an add. But then again WoW is so easy that CrowdControl isn't as critical as in other games and single-pulling is not an option mostly you plow through content of 3 monsters, probably sheeping one on the go but not very necessary. Unlike EQ when 2 mobs = Death, in WoW even the priest can take 2 mobs on him while healing the tank bubbling himself and Fearing if necessary or Prayering himself.

I wish you'd be a "mezzer" in WoW but its not as big a deal as in EverQuest. WoW has done many things right but their Class design is one of the ugliest I've ever seen and that's my personal opinion of course.

Spruk
April 13th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks,

I am not really looking to be a mezzer, but rather what classes can do something similar, just to help me know what other classes can bring to the fight. Thanks

Spruk

Zapp Branigan
April 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Mages are probably the best since they can sheep, Druids can also ghetto mez mobs by casting entangling roots (( not to widely used )).

GlacialRain
April 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
IMO fear works as long as your in a good open space (ie not around similar linking mobs), but not widely used as crowd control as it could be. Although a warlock with full mana and a tank pet can take 3 - 4 mobs using fear effectively.