PDA

View Full Version : At least this time he said "poopy", right? (4/24)

Woody
April 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
As much as some of you probably want to know what's going on, I'm certain the vast majority are completely uninterested. And, since I'm not really interested in publicly whining about it all more than I already have, I'll just leave the details off the forums.

The comic I'm going to "take my time on" was supposed to be posted today. I'll finish it off and post it tomorrow. But, I knew early on that it was going to be terribly late. Thus do we get to see Iggy again.

Now, I have to be completely honest here... I appreciate that some of you will want to pass along your well wishes, but I'd rather you internalize them, the power of positive thought and all that. I'm not ill. I just need to take a day off before I accidentally explode at someone over something ridiculously minor. And none of us want that.

That doesn't leave much direction for the thread though huh? Somebody pick a topic. (I feel obligated to mention that the idea of a thread of nothing but potential topics amuses me.)

madrain
April 24th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I believe that in all due fairness, we need to discuss pickles in hats.

BorusWintersong
April 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Poopy is back!

Takara
April 24th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Pickles.

Hats.

Win.

But what is there really to discuss about pickles in hats? It's a proven fact that they are the ultimate in coolness.

We could talk about Cheney 's 's blood clot (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/24/ap3645498.html)... or Nanotechnology (http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/04/23/tech-nano-spinal.html).

Or maybe....

Alternate uses for Pudding. *nod*

Gumblackwood
April 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Potential Topics:

The Role of Mayonaisse in WWII
Ketchup vs. Catsup
Creative Topic Merges
Poopy!
Your Favorite Elementary School Lunch Offering
My Monitor has Turned into a 3-Toed Sloth, What should I do?
Poking fun at Mapquest driving directions

A Lusty Alien
April 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Well, the crowd of flies around the Zapper is getting pretty huge these days. There the Pirates of the Carribean MMORPG, Middle Earth Online, Star Trek Online, Firefly Online.

I think we also need to have a little graveyard beneath the zapper detailing all the ones that have gone on to that big flash in the sky.

Grizzlebeard
April 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Pudding has to be one of my favourite words. It just conjures up memories of warmth, happiness, and a full tummy.

I won't get into black pudding though, it tends to upset too many people when they learn the ingredients. :)

Breandan
April 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I think we also need to have a little graveyard beneath the zapper detailing all the ones that have gone on to that big flash in the sky.
That would be like a graveyard of potentially good shows that Fox screwed up and dropped before their prime- it would stretch forever...

canazza
April 24th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I think we should talk about Mr T, and Nuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPXGuRIXsA

Tainda
April 24th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Circadian rhythms in drosophila and mammals

HeartbreakRidge
April 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Tom Clancy's EndWar - good? bad? who knows?

Fendy
April 24th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Everquest. I took a couple years off to explore WoW and then Vanguard. Recently moved back to Norrath. Needless to say I fell a few expansions behind. The 8th anniversary edition includes all 13 expansions for $19.95 and the release date was yesterday for retail stores. I discovered 2 things. The release date is the ship date, not the instore date. Almost none of the stores in my area are getting it. The Best Buy noodle I asked about it hadn't even heard of it. One of the three GameStops I went to was expecting it. And hasn't gotten it yet today. I want it now! hehe.

Cerrena
April 24th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Fruitcake... yes or no

Exzyle2k
April 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I think we should do an Anagrams in Entertainment Titles thread... Like Spiderman:

A NERDS IMP - Green Goblin?
DAMP SIREN - Mary Jane in Spiderman 1?

Shadowgirl
April 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Gumblackwood's Potential Topics: The Role of Mayonaisse in WWII

EWWWwwwww man just EWWW

Gumblackwood's Potential Topics: My Monitor has Turned into a 3-Toed Sloth, What should I do?

Be afraid man BE AFRAID!!!!!!!!

Rashma
April 24th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Rhode Island is neither a road nor is it an island. Discuss

The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss

Da Fooz Lady
April 24th, 2007, 01:24 PM
how come no matter what i do, i always lose socks when i do laundry? i toss out the lone sock, buy new ones, then find the original missing sock in the bottom of my dryer three weeks later. how does this happen?

discuss.

Shadowgirl
April 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM
The peanut is a nut beucase it grows on a bush its just not a pea

Knotthead
April 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM
At least the weather outside here in Denver is perfect for taking a personal day. It's a good day to curl up in a blanket, get a 6 pack and watch a bunch of Monty Python movies. Enjoy your day off!!

Shadowgirl
April 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Sane insanity. Discuss

premiereboris
April 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I am kinda feeling down too =(

Eleriel
April 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM
pie > cake.

that said... I still wonder if the Poopy comics aren't starting to look as if they're taking just as long to make as the normal comics.
which I admit I find more than a little humorous ;-)

Katuyah
April 24th, 2007, 02:28 PM
WOW lots of people I know are taking the day off just cuz they need a day off. When I was a kid my mom and doctor always liked referring to those as "can't help it" days...always made me laugh, but days like that do happen. :)

So, here's to POOPY days!

...and my grandmother's blueberry cobbler > pie AND cake combined!

Bigcountry23
April 24th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Rhode Island is neither a road nor is it an island. Discuss

The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss

Actually, the proper name for the state is The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantation. The island (yes there is one, it's where Newport is located) was name because the person who "discovered" it (even though there was allready a native population) thought it looked like the island of Rhodes. The other mile and a half of state that is on the mainland is the "Providence Plantation" part. Another interested fact, the Providence RI airport is actually located in Massacusets (whosther I belive, but I could be wrong on the place and the spelling).

And that is what I learned the year I lived in RI.

Meat
April 24th, 2007, 02:48 PM
hee hee...poopy...gets me every time

bob the goat
April 24th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I think it is time to contemplate the potential abuse of power that is imminent by setting my desk next to the thermostat.

I will begin. Being a 6’2” male of…well insulated…proportions, I am shaped like a 270lb tree trunk, and am prone to overheating. Personally, I am comfortable at a balmy 65. The rest of the office is older and female. They prefer the temperature in the office to give the surface of the sun a run for it’s money. Until working here I never knew what it was like to type wearing asbestos gloves. It is time for the rise of the thermal generating peoples of the world.

Discuss.

PsyOps
April 24th, 2007, 03:18 PM
PsyOps' Topic Ideas:
A)Way was it 40 degrees outside two days ago and now it's almost 80
B)Monkies vs. Lemurs
C) Why was I one only the only people who didn't take the day off
D) Why are hotcakes (Pancakes) called cakes.
E) If a tree falls in a forest and lands on a mime. Does anyone care

also, Cinnabon cinnamon rolls > Cake, Pie and blueberry cobbler combined

Poerdby
April 24th, 2007, 03:19 PM
How is the weather up there fairing on your day off Woody?

amirt
April 24th, 2007, 03:33 PM

The peanut, or groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) is a species in the legume family Fabaceae native to South America. ... The flowers are a typical peaflower in shape, 2 to 4 cm (¾ to 1½ in) across, yellow with reddish veining. After pollination, the fruit develops into a legume 3 to 7 cm (1 to 2 in) long containing 1 to 3 (rarely 4) seeds, which forces its way underground to mature.

Although a nut in the culinary sense, in the botanical sense the fruit of the peanut is a woody, indehiscent legume or pod and not a nut.

Peanuts are also known as earthnuts, goobers, goober peas, pindas, jack nuts, pinders, manila nuts and monkey balls. (The last of these is often used to mean the entire pod, not just the seeds. In the UK these are sold as monkey nuts.) Wiki Peanut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut)

Peanuts really aren't "nuts", and they don't technically grow on a bush, but underground. It's a legume, which a pea is also. So then, wouldn't it be closer to a pea than a nut?

However the idea of calling peanuts monkey balls is just beyond hilarious to me! :roll:

Woody, hope your day gets better!

GlacialRain
April 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
my suggestion for topic

recollection of a day off that went wrong or in a direction you wern't expecting

Back when I worked in a fast food place, I left my house thinking it was my day off, when I stopped by my work in the afternoon for something to eat. The manager on duty signals be to talk to him and asks why didn't I come in.
After looking at the schedule, I just smiled and said "You mean this isn't Tues.?"

Needless to say he wasn't amused but didn't fire me for it. Just wound up not getting any day off requests filled for 2 weeks.

Bigcountry23
April 24th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Sadly, you were not the only one to take a day off. I should have and in retrosepct I should have looking at what the next few weeks holds for me, but alas, I am here. Granted, here is sitting in a nice little office of my own and posting to internet forums, but here none the less. :)

Hahel
April 24th, 2007, 03:49 PM

Actually the Peanut is a Legume...thank you Earth Science and George Washington Carver.

Hahel
April 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Also i think we should talk about hybrids like A pickled 3-Toed Sloth with a hat.

starman7
April 24th, 2007, 04:00 PM
You blasphemers, cake > all!

Topics
A) Devilish questions to put on a middle schoolers' math contest
B) The abhorrent switching of spring weather from raining one hour to sunny and nice just 4 hours later.
C) The supremacy of cake
D) Why I'm posting here when I should be working on a massive paper due in a couple weeks
E) Back to the basics-pickles in hats.

oa127
April 24th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I want to talk about the future of lunar missions from NASA and the concern for solar radiation effects on crew and devices. Although, the only thing that comes to mind when I think about it is the Earth & Beyond game I played some years back and how I always wanted to attack the aliens in the area.

starman7
April 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Honestly I think that new lunar missions won't push the limits of technology like the Apollo programs did... by the time our rocket launches off, the "new technology" would be 5 years outdated, as compared to Apollo when they had to solve problems with technology which did not even exist back then, and was bleeding edge when they launched.

And radiation damage is always overhyped... I mean, our city gets maybe 10 millirem per year (made up, but probably at about the mark) from the radium in our water, and the EPA says we have to spend $30 million to clean it up in a town of about 40,000. Detectable effects from radiation begin at roughly at 25 rem (that's 25,000 millirem) one-time doses, and it has been estimated that for our $30 million, we will save maybe four people over the next hundred years from cancer. For this ridiculous expense prompted by fear of radiation, we could send those four cancer patients first class to Beth Israel and have dozens of cancer experts lavish care upon them, for heaven's sake! Feed the poor (this is in our town)? Yeah, we could do it with that money. Give every last high school student a laptop for their stay? Sure, and give them all WoW accounts and home desktops while we're at it.

Woody
April 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Rainy, but I like rain.

SG_01
April 24th, 2007, 04:21 PM
We could try some topics that frequent the EQ2 NGD... Ofcource that might be a bad thing :P

Tas
April 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Pie FTW

Kyro
April 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
If anyone wants to read about something interesting, take a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_%28nuclear_propulsion%29

This is the original plan for using nuclear devices to power a craft in space. The plan at times is estimated to potentially reach 10% of the speed of light.

Unfortunately, it was abandoned... but it might be used again in long term space travel.

surfer99
April 24th, 2007, 05:56 PM
well Goodevening class today we shall discuss the impact of <hits the bofh excuse calendar> the change in Earth's rotational speed the Pie VS Cake.

and now we go to the ring!

umoto
April 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Flaming Vs Trolling is my topic idea. of course... trolls are generally weak to flames.. better keep em separate.

wiccalight
April 24th, 2007, 07:21 PM
hmmmm...dare I?

I dare.....the person below can't wait to start this thread.

Rookie
April 24th, 2007, 08:01 PM
true

the person below me concurs

Etifain
April 24th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Yes, yes, indeed I do concur. :D

And the person below me thinks that cows can jump over the moon. 0.o

Woody
April 24th, 2007, 08:42 PM
That's already a thread for that.

Rookie
April 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM
*shrugs*

You opened it up to ideas :D

xsivejeff
April 24th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Gunstar1
April 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Only danger about orion is lofting the mulitple nuclear warheads into orbit that are used to power it....think of the mess if the launch from the ground failed? With the discovery of frozen water on the dark side of the moon, an Ion drive would work great, with chemical thrusters for landing and take off as well as entering and leaving orbit, you could refuel on the moon for the trip back or to travel further out into space, but we need a bigger space station in orbit to launch from.

Nilty
April 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Mental Health days from work FTW

Akhil
April 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
hee hee...poopy...gets me every time

Which begets the question "Why do men laugh at fart jokes or farting in general?"

-Akhil

broggyr
April 25th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Did you ever notice that if you laugh too hard, it starts to hurt - and the more it hurts, the more you laugh?

Woody
April 25th, 2007, 12:35 AM
That freakin' pain at the base of your skull.

MadMacs
April 25th, 2007, 05:46 AM
heh heh! pinders! in the UK that means something TOTALLY different referring to a certain glamour model and those definately aren't peanuts!!;)

How about, the European Astronomers have discovered another earth, it's five times the size of our own, would this mean that the Big Macs would be 5 times as big too, or would there just be five times as many McDonalds restaurants?

Posts merged. Easy Way #17

Siska
April 25th, 2007, 07:09 AM
pie > cake.

Cakes in USA have frosting on them. A sort of sugar-grease with food coloring and artifical flavoring added to it. Was a bit of a shock when I moved here. I have a very low sugar tolerance. Doesn't take much to make me "all sugared out" and feeling rather yucky.

Back home, in Sweden, we use whipped cream instead. And fresh fruit, canned fruit, nuts, candy and/or chocolate as garnish. Depending on what season it is and the age of the person the cake is for.

I wonder how cakes in the US ended up with frosting on them? I also had cake, once, in Germany and that one had whipped cream on it. What do they put on cakes in your country?

Frostburnx
April 25th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Americans put sugar on their cakes, and their cakes are also made of just pretty much pure sugar. Which is why I don't really eat cake! (in America)

Woody
April 25th, 2007, 07:52 AM
All cake is not created equal. Most store bought cakes are usually rubbish. They're so sweet the smell alone makes me nauteous. So, to assume all American cakes are like that is a bit of an unfair sweeping generalization.

Frostburnx
April 25th, 2007, 07:55 AM
You are correct, and usually I do not make such generalized assumptions, And if an american makes a cake from scratch they might not make a pure sugar cake, but usually that's becuase it's a different style cake other than american, but as far as American cakes go, birthday ones for instance, they are primarily the worst, are just all pure sugar!

Bleh.

Box cakes aren't as bad, but still not really good for you either :)

I vote for Pie.

Posts merged. Easy Way #17.

Vulse
April 25th, 2007, 08:01 AM
When its april, and colorado weather still decides to snow, I dont think anyone out here cares to work.

Both me and my GF slacked off yesterday too, neither of us had any desire to do anything.

Frostburnx
April 25th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Cold weather ALWAYS makes me not want to do anything, save for take a hot shower or lay in bed warm in blankies...which is why I live in the south :P

Tsarmina
April 25th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I like pie
I like cake (chocolate mostly but fruit with cream is awsome too)
Cheesecake is awsome.
I like peanuts
I like laughing (until it becomes hysarical and I'm crying and can't breath.)
I like days off from work. :)

Sensoh8su
April 25th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I just need to take a day off before I accidentally explode at someone over something ridiculously minor. And none of us want that.

Hell take off a week if you want. I know that everyone will miss it, but just like any other job, I'm sure you need some time off every now and then. We will all be here when you get back.

In related news:

Work sucks. Back to you Woody.

Katuyah
April 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Blueberry cobbler & vanilla ice cream for everyone!
*passes out bowls and spoons*

Andara Bledin
April 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Most mass-produced cakes are awful! When my family does cakes, we use an old recipe, and always max the spices and min the sugar, and then we use natural sugar, not bleached.

We make some awesome cake. Mine always come out flat, but they're still delicious!

Cake or death?

^-.-^

Frostburnx
April 25th, 2007, 11:14 AM
hmm, cakes originally were flat! And they did originate without the icing. I used to remember the story of how it got added, but now it escapes me. I enjoy a good cake from time to time, but they are hard to come by, unless I make it from scratch myself, so I'll just as soon take pie...then again....massively produced, store-bought pies aren't so great either :\

T3hbob
April 25th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I has a bucket..

Discuss.

Frostburnx
April 25th, 2007, 12:26 PM
buckets are useful.

Katuyah
April 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM
*whips out the snowball she brought for show and tell*

INCOMING! :D

Andara Bledin
April 26th, 2007, 11:18 AM
*ducks the incoming snowball, catching a glancing blow across the temple*

Mass-produced baked goods are almost universally horrid.

They seem to think that if it's sugary enough, you won't notice that it tastes mostly like sweetened cardboard.

My family does a wicked apple pie. Award-winning, even (literally: my brother nad I used to get blue ribbons at the local county fairs and would have won, but they always gave it to the dopes with the easy copout lattice crusts, and my mom recently took top honors for pies at her local bake show). The apples just melt in your mouth. Mmmmm.....

^-.-^