PDA

View Full Version : Race Favorites

DarKatan
December 5th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Whats your favorite race from EQ?

My favorite has always been Wood Elves, I think they were given some of the coolest graphics, with Luclin they get a unique leaf and vine look for their armor, and the Ranger plate helm look is awesome when they get a Helm of the Hunter. Barbarians are just plain awesome and Dark Elves look exactly as I could imagine them. Aristocratic and arrogant, but some of the DE female faces just look mean...or Cruella Devilleish...Humans do well but their armor tends to look odd at times, while High Elves get a Roman look and Dwarves have incredible detail in their armor (which makes sense). Halflings and Gnomes look cool, although I like the old Iksar more than the new...they look almost like Turtles with Luclin they were more predator with the old, the Vah Shir kinda look to bulky for cat people they almost seem to muscled and broad in their shoulders but i still like em...and their back story and homeland is cool. Ogres and Trolls were greatly improved by the Luclin graphics and look awesome as long as the person playing them doesnt decide to go Rainbow Ogre(dying green, orange, yellow, and purple) which makes my head hurt, or the Druid I met who dyed himself completely pink.
I hate Frogloks...I have always hated Frogloks...when even Allakhazam did a poll and of the races they would like to see for the new expansion at the time Froglok was at the bottom of the list...Centaurs(my pick) would have been awesome.

Hope I didnt forget any this time

Mod edit: 10 choices is the max on a poll at the moment. shoehorned Frogloks and Erudites in with humans. But we all know dark elves are the superior race. - Nem

Saethori
December 5th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Ahh! More grouping! > <

Half Elves and Wood Elves, I can understand, maybe. And even Troll and Ogre makes a 'little' sense. But Gnomes and Halflings? That's like comparing Everquest (Gnomes) to Pong (Halflings)...

Ahem. I placed my vote for Half Elves, because, well, that's who I am.

Keisu_Reishiu
December 5th, 2003, 01:02 PM
One word: KITTY!

Kat
December 5th, 2003, 01:08 PM
I like dark elves the best. But I wish that you weren't constrained to a particular "alignment".

I always end up roleplaying my dark elves as "good" dark elves. And while I'm at it, I think Innoruuk should be terribly handsome instead of awfully ugly and troll-looking.

Second favorite would be Wood Elves and third Barbarians.

Bisuketto
December 5th, 2003, 01:48 PM
*sniff*
no love for the amphibian persuasion.

Xyrra
December 5th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Mmmm... dark elves :D

rayfinkle
December 5th, 2003, 02:12 PM
no i will not sing that damn tee pot song one more time i dont care if i reall am short and stout, i see no reason in doing it one mroe time

Farduh Dawookie 55 Dwarven Rogue of Drinal

Ciarin
December 5th, 2003, 02:39 PM
::wishes there was a poll for DAoC people::

Highlander!!!

There can be only one!!!

Radical Edward
December 5th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Iksar for me, the first character I ever played was an iksar shadow knight. I always end up playing a lizardman if its a choice for a race.

Keiran
December 5th, 2003, 03:58 PM
I have to agree with Keisu. I'm a cat fanatic, so my heart didn't let my mind choose on that one. The Beastlord pets are even better cats than the Vah Shir, so I didn't get to choose my class either.

Of course, the choice really was mine, but given the choice between sticking with my main and dealing with continuous inner turmoil, or rerolling... I went with rerolling.

Saethori
December 5th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Hm...I only now noticed Froggies were missing.

Maybe they'll be 'edited' in later, much like Bards in the partner thread... *shrug*

Zorathenne
December 5th, 2003, 04:48 PM
No Erudites?

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 5th, 2003, 04:57 PM
No one ever likes Erudites

Zorathenne
December 5th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Hey! I'm an Erudite!
I LIKE Erudites, dammit..
What's wrong with Erudites?!

Cougarshand
December 5th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I dig mostly on the Barbarians because of the tattoos.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 5th, 2003, 05:23 PM
I am too Zora. No one likes smart chicks, I guess

Zorathenne
December 5th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Bah!!

Their loss..

Velenka
December 5th, 2003, 06:54 PM
hey, I like smart chicks!

Kaylen
December 5th, 2003, 07:26 PM
It's the foreheads.

Velenka
December 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM
I voted for High Elves, because, well.. my cleric was one. *shrug* If only HEs could be SKs...everyone and their momma is a DE-SK.

Zorathenne
December 5th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Bah. Ain't nothin' wrong with my forehead. Or Zora's either.. *grumbles and pouts*

Triv
December 5th, 2003, 08:23 PM
I woulda voted for Dwarfs cuz they can do frontflips when they jump, and my Pally is a Dwarf....but Im told they smell funny, so i Voted for Froggies, they look cool, and can do frontflips when they cast

SacredWolfPack
December 5th, 2003, 10:14 PM
3 words

I like Dark Elves
1....2....3....4 DANGIT ITS SUPPOST TO BE 3

Filan Fyretracker
December 5th, 2003, 10:43 PM
i prefer High Elves, but if not given a choice of elf type i allways choose whatever varity of elf is available.

Min the Druid
December 6th, 2003, 04:38 AM
I like wood elves, mostly because they're well suited to the classes I like playing: druid, ranger, rogue, bard. But some sort of elf in any case.

Kaylen
December 6th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Iksar. They have the best lore, in my opinion; and their whole newbie experience is very well put together. Not to mention the regen, AC bonus, foraging, swimming (with good animations in the old graphics).. and they had one of the only newbie armor quests. It'd be nice if they revamped them into class-specific stuff, instead of the low-grade graphicless cloth.

The Unforgiving
December 6th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Go Go High Elves!

They are the most serene races on Norrath.

... And you cant beat a female in leather. /nudge /nudge /wink /wink

ShadowBlade3000
December 6th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Frogloks have always been my most favorite race in EQ. When I first saw froglok mobs, I really liked them, and hoped they would be playable.....and they are! =D

I like being a demi human frog. Mostly because frogs are one of my favorite animals, and because they have something to do with water. I love the flips when they cast also, and they look cute doing emotes. I love being a froglok.

I just wish they could be Beastlords and Mages, since the only problem is that none of the classes they can be interested me too much, aside from Shaman.

lymlym
December 6th, 2003, 10:34 AM
:D we dark elves are HOT! ;)

Keaolien
December 6th, 2003, 11:58 AM
I picked dark elves. There's something about looking like a vampire with the black hair and black eyes that is just so cool, hehehe.

Zarithar
December 6th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Wow... nice to see the Vah Shir coming in second!

Chavarko
December 7th, 2003, 09:39 AM
This is the real reason everyone likes Dark Elfs

http://www.gucomics.com/archives/view.php?cdate=20010418

/joke

Lancetheavatar
December 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Iksar... swimming (with good animations in the old graphics)..

I have to agree, the old Iksar swiming animations seemed very natural compared to the new ones.

Oh, and I voted Vah Shir. :D Iksar/Dark Elf would have to come in a close secound though...

chaos
December 7th, 2003, 09:34 PM
me i voted halfing/gnome me mostly becuase they look like hobbits lol

kaya raven
December 7th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Any elf race is cool. I am partial to wood and high elves tho. I just can't get into playing a dark elf. Its the goody two shoes in me I guess heh. :wink:

Keiran
December 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Heh, I didn't have a problem playing evil races, because I can fix faction if I want, and roleplay being good. I wasn't able to do evil classes though... I had a Shadowknight, and he was fun and all, but his spells were all Disease/Poison/Evil stuff, and it just ground away at me...

Imagine a little voice inside your head that nags at you every time you cast a target into darkness, or suck the life out of them, despite the fact that you know very well that it's not a real world... o_0 I was a terrible roleplayer of evil too. I'd mock threaten someone about trifling with my evil powers, then dash away a second later to save some poor newbie... Looked very silly...

Dreleen
December 8th, 2003, 07:44 AM
WOODELF 4 ME!!!

But graphics wise Trolls surpass all! They got the most definition and great calves! lol. If they lost the beer gut Id be really impressed!

Bisuketto
December 8th, 2003, 10:48 AM
They got the most definition and great calves! lol.

*shiver*

nothing about a troll should be called great.

Gnomish
December 8th, 2003, 10:54 AM
BARBARIANS BABY!!!
Ye may take our freedom, but ye cannae take our sexxyness!!! (almost an in game quote from playing with a Chanter friend of mine, who was using barbarian form)
:lol:

Satarus
December 8th, 2003, 11:05 AM
I love the guktan (playable froglok) animation. Also they pwn everyone because they backflip when they cast

guktan casters > all other casters

Stormewolfe
December 8th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Wow, I'm late on this thread.

I'm a darkie, first and main char is a darkie warrior, can't help it, I just like em.

I WOULD liek to see a new race that was drolvarg or gnoll in apperance though...hey,t hey made cats for the cat people, us dog/wolf people would like a bone thrown to us too (yes, I know it's a pun, you can beat me later).

Mor`gruth
December 8th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Am I the only one that turns on the old graphics every now and then just to catch sight of a dark elf female in leather pants? Or chain?

Mmmm... ass chaps and lengerie

Bisuketto
December 8th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Am I the only one that turns on the old graphics every now and then just to catch sight of a dark elf female in leather pants? Or chain?

Mmmm... ass chaps and lengerie

/raise

I'm guilty.....