May 9th, 2007, 07:32 PM
http://eq2.allakhazam.com/news/sdetail9504.html?story=9504

I'm excited!

BorusWintersong
May 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Oh...
my...
god!!!!

Somebody get me a doctor, I think my heart just stopped!!

Diminion
May 10th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I can't help but think..."Didn't they do this already?"

Saroc_Luclin
May 10th, 2007, 06:37 AM
HOT DAMN! That sounds incredible! I think my EQII playing time is about to increase again....

Darkov
May 10th, 2007, 06:58 AM
But it's not Norrath! It's a twisted evil version of it that should damned forever!

Sounds like fun though :)

LordPazuzu
May 10th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Hehe, I had a bet going with a buddy that the next Exp would be Kunark and they'd make Sarnak playable....he owes me a bottle of 1800 now.

I'm excited about it. I like the fact that they have several of the original Kunark's artists on the team.

The original Kunark was huge both in terms of content volume, lore, and zone size....can they do it proper justice? After seeing Faydwer and especially Neriak... I'm betting yes.

Kallysti
May 10th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I think I'm more excited than I was for EoF. The level cap is going up again (expected this, they said it would every other expansion & it didn't with the last one) and they say that the area of Kunark is bigger than it was in EQ. Which was pretty gosh-darn huge.

Btw, did you see what else was coming with it? Epics! LOL

Time to go max out my AA's before the level goes up again. For ONCE, I'll be caught up before it goes up again... *grin*

Katuyah
May 10th, 2007, 12:36 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *squeels like a little girl* :D

Kallysti
May 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.riseofkunark.com/

Yar!

Gloine36
May 10th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I remember Kunark in EQ1 when it came out and it really added to the game. Im expecting good things from this. So far every expansion for EQ2 has been outstanding, well thought out and has significantly expanded the world and the gameplay.
I have very few complaints about EQ2 and its expansions and the few I have are trifling. Outstanding game!
Got a slot reserved for a sarnak to go with my Dwarven Army of Doom!
G

BorusWintersong
May 10th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I love the site, mainly the music! If that is just the tip of how this game will sound, I will have to make sure my next PC can handle the game flawlessly. I WILL be hooking this game to a big screen TV and 5.1 audio system!

Iyanden
May 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Great and all, but I don't think that Sony's "Expansion Pump" will keep this game alive for more than 2 more years. Lots of new MMO's coming into the market.

And still no beastlords. *tear* I miss my Alligator.

Woody
May 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I always liked the Sarnak model better than the Iksar. When the original Kunark and Vhah finally made it over, I wished they'd made Sarnak's playable instead. I guess my wish finally came true.

DemonMage
May 10th, 2007, 07:57 PM
It seems that it's an all-in-one pack too, so if you're new to EQ2 you can just grab this one and be all caught up on expansions. Which is always nice.

BorusWintersong
May 10th, 2007, 07:59 PM
One thing that made me a bit upset already (may be too soon though) is hearing that the new starting city will be in some islands. I was hoping that they would introduce a pure evil starting city inside the new Iksar Empire (or something like that) to balance for the starting city in Kelethin.

I doubt the new town to be a good or neutral faction one, given the new race will obviously be evil, but for what I read I don't think the new town will be the a glorious Iksar Empire Capital... Oh well, still sounds amazing.

Saroc_Luclin
May 10th, 2007, 08:45 PM
No, the next live patch is introducing a true-evil city, so they didn't really need another. Neriak is returning next patch, along with evil fae as a race.

BorusWintersong
May 10th, 2007, 09:05 PM
They are adding Neriak as a plain free content patch?! WOW... SOE is actually impressing me...

Edit:
I looked at their site and read through their next update feature list [link] (http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/news_archive.vm?id=1134&section=News&locale=en_US)and didnt see any mention of Neriak. Where can I read more on that?

Saroc_Luclin
May 10th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Check the message boards. Not sure if it's on the next Game update, but it is live on Test at the moment, with Neriak and a L1-20 hunting zone coming live soon with free content.

Xalmat
May 10th, 2007, 10:40 PM
The Test update notes aren't up to date, but if you log on Test server on EQ2 right now, you get free access to the evil city of Neriak, as well as the new evil fairy race, the Arasai.

Did I mention it's a free update?

Jennivere
May 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
That Game Update 34 list was the last big update. Neriak should be coming out in Game Update 35. If you check out the test forums (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/forums/show.m?forum_id=748) you can find out a lot about Neriak. They said around the time EoF went live that they would be working on another city for the evil side. There was a lot of speculation that the city would be part of the Kunark Expansion. I'm so glad that it is Neriak and that it will be a free update. After playing there a few days on test, I am loving the Arasai and the city itself.

Kallysti
May 11th, 2007, 12:36 AM
They are adding Neriak as a plain free content patch?! WOW... SOE is actually impressing me...

Edit:
I looked at their site and read through their next update feature list [link] (http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/news_archive.vm?id=1134&section=News&locale=en_US)and didnt see any mention of Neriak. Where can I read more on that?

http://www.guforums.com/showthread.php?t=11120

Neriak thread ;)

reploidx
May 18th, 2007, 06:42 AM
So far Turbine has my full attention in Middle-Earth, but now SOE has made me look towards Norrath once again. I guess i'm going to be playing EQ2 and LOTRO because this new expansion and the patch that is going to bring Neriak back is making me want to come back so badly now, so yea, going to be playing 2 MMOs now!

Tainda
May 22nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Just so everyone knows. GU 35 will be going live tomorrow, May 23!! :)

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=363231

I'm so excited! I wanted an emofae(tm) from the beginning!

Woody
May 22nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
EPR and I were supposed to get a guided tour of the new areas but we did not receive all the information we needed in a timely fashion.

The_Raven's_Crux
May 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
For those that don't subscribe to EQ2, can't wait, or didn't play on the Test Server -- you can hop over to EQ2 WarCry (http://eq2.warcry.com) for some video of Neriak.

All players will be able to start characters in Neriak, as long as you have the original game, but you will not be able to make an Arasai (evil fae) unless you have the EoF expansion.

I doubt the new town to be a good or neutral faction one, given the new race will obviously be evil, but for what I read I don't think the new town will be the a glorious Iksar Empire Capital... Oh well, still sounds amazing.

Sarnaks and the new town actually will be neutral. From what they announced, Barbarians, Gnomes, Erudites, Humans, Half-Elves, and Kerra will also be able to start there.

Slarethorn
May 22nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
dang, now I have new interest in EQII. I always loved Kunark in EQ...

No! Must resist! Only four levels from Outland, I can't swap games now! :D

Edward
May 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Oh shit! Another EQ expansion!

LordPazuzu
May 23rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
Oh shit! Another EQ expansion!

No, an EQII expansion...coming out almost exactly a year after the previous one.

Saroc_Luclin
May 23rd, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah the EQ expansion is "Secrets of Faydwer" and comes out in November. (with the promise the one after that will also be in November instead of the February expansion they used to have)

Razorback
May 23rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Now, do they mean November of 2008, or is it actually within the same month of the Faydwer expansion? =p

Saroc_Luclin
May 23rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hehe both games are launching expansions in the same month from now on apparently. :) Sure to make their ops group happy, pushing 2 expansions out to the servers within the same day or two.

Zarithar
May 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Cool, maybe soon they'll do an expansion that takes place on the moon with playable cat people or something. That would rock!

BorusWintersong
May 23rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
This is something that has been on my head for a while and figured this would be the best thread to post it.

The deal is with sequels, you see, many times people like a sequel not because itís more of what you love, but because you get to revisit what you loved. I still remember the time I played Soul Reaver and how exiting it was to revisit landmarks from Legacy of Kain but in a new 3D engine. It is things like these that make a sequel truly successful, a good balance of new content with that mix of nostalgic revisiting.

EQ2 is the second MMO sequel that I saw go out to a disappointed fan base, the other being Asheronís Call 2. The deal with these games was that they were sequels almost only in name, EQ2 had more resemblance to itís predecessor but only in a wider use of names (class names, city names, race names) but that was just it, names. Even the things that were named the same were not at all the same. These games lacked the most important thing of a sequel: revisiting nostalgia.

Now, many people say how they missed the days of old of EQ1, how they miss Crushbone and the so, yet even if no one stops them from going there and play that content, they donít. Just as I didnít pick up Legacy of Kain again to revisit those landmarks. However, giving the new landmarks as new content in a new gameÖ this is exiting. And the same is demonstrated in EQ2. Finally the development team has realized this nostalgic feeling is what they should had aimed since the start. Echoes of Faydark was a huge success because it allowed people to go to some of their most dear content once again, but this time replenished with life and, off course, new twists.

Seeing the focus on the new expansion it seems they surely learned from this. Now, I do hope they also remember what people actually were fond off in EQ1 and what not. An expansion on Velious would be great, but going back to Luclien or planes of powers and most of the other content would not do the same. They have lots to uncover from the classic EQ, though. A return to Odus, for instance.

I do hope, if we get to see any more MMO sequels in the future, that they keep in mind that revisiting of classic content is a must.