PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap someone stole the 4th wall. (5/15)

Woody
May 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Last night Taks and I went over to her brother's house to have barbeque with the family. I kindly informed them that they were now required to provide a joke idea for the comic, since I wouldn't be at home to work on an idea. The next few hours were a jumble of suggestions, 95% of which were completely blue. And the rest were things I couldn't really use because they were situational, but I made the demand and required myself to live up to it.

Today's comics extends from a suggestion made by Tak's dad, who (in my opinion) is blisteringly intelligent and has this great oversized mustache that I'm convinced actually stores off-color jokes and randomly places them throughout his commentary. Anyway, he related a situation centered in the world of investing that went far above my head, telling me that "my roomate" should just stand there with his eyes glazed over and "I" explained it. I decided to flip that particular script a little and with the mob perspective comics recently, I thought it might be a worthwhile idea to let you guys see Ted's perspective when people aren't looking.

Being committed to doing this idea left me in a spot though. I am clueless when it comes to investing. I know NOTHING and ended up staying up researching the joke until around 3am before finally settling on some "words of wisdom" from Warren Buffet, America's second richest man, that serve as the basis for Ted's marketable securities comments.

So, add my late night with my late wakeup to Taks and I working on booth items for an upcoming convention and you get one late comic that's not 100% colored and a joke based on concepts I'm completely unfamiliar with and the word "boobies". Now, if Ted could just invest in boobies... this whole thing would come together nicely.

Today's Pimpage: Woody is wearing "The Leftover (http://www.threadless.com/product/826/The_Leftover?streetteam=GU+Comics)" shirt and Ted is wearing an "In Case of Emergency BREAK DANCE (http://www.threadless.com/product/488/In_Case_of_Emergency_BREAK_DANCE?streetteam=GU+Com ics)" shirt both from Threadless.Com (http://www.threadless.com/?streetteam=GU+Comics).

Katuyah
May 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
ROFLMAO! :D
HAHAHAHAHHAAA I love it! Not very familiar with the investing world here either so I feel your pain. My hubby could probably fill in a good number of blanks though seeing how he's taken the Series 7 test and used to be a certified financial advisor...

darkpaw
May 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Depending on the industry you work in, "boobies" could be a good investment.

Personally, I've been investing my money in a baby with hopes that he'll play in the NFL some day.... I really need to get to work on plan B.

Darkov
May 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Heh, kinda reminds me of when I talk about MMOs to people who've never played them :D

Takara
May 15th, 2007, 02:09 PM
My Dad's a hoot. I think he stores more than just jokes (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/94/282439976_120537925f_o.jpg) in his mustache.

LucidApathy
May 15th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Love the comic. As a heavy investor (nearly 70% of my savings are in stocks) I found it great.

Made me cover my laugh so as not to get looked at oddly by co-workers.

I know unsolicited advice is not something you like generally Woody, but the bubble where Woody says "Ted...!" read really funny to me when I miss read it as "Ted...?" small change to be sure, but the confusion to Woody (in additoin to everyone else) made me snark.

HeartbreakRidge
May 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
You ought to win an award for combining Warren Buffet and boobies!

Kristin
May 15th, 2007, 03:14 PM
As someone who does work with money and investments, this one had me rolling. I knew Ted was hiding something from us!

Mei
May 15th, 2007, 03:44 PM
This one has good EBIT

Whytewulf
May 15th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Taks.. did you know your Dad appears to be a pirate?

da'G-ELLO
May 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Yarr!

OScotinos
May 15th, 2007, 04:11 PM
ROFLMAOL, classic! the look on both faces is wonderful! had me laughing hard

as far as investing in boobies goes.. well.. it's not hard to imagine Ted buying Playboy Mansion :P

Takara
May 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM
He dressed as a pirate for our Halloween party. Although he does love that parrot.

Crissa
May 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Hehe. Investing is alot like playing video games.

You watch for when the numbers all match up, press the button, and plot how long you'll follow this one before ditching it. All the while looking for the next one.

To get a high return, you have to totally forget any of the old effects, company are just names, nothing else... It's a numbers game. When the numbers match up...

^-^;

Okay, I need to study more so I can actually support my lifestyle.

-Crissa

Archurch
May 15th, 2007, 06:32 PM
ZOMG,

I work for a stock analysis company and loved this comic.

Yes, you probably can invest in Boobies, I know Rick's cabaret is traded publicly, and we can probably find more in the Entertainment sector (wink).

My own portfolio has been up 23% but the darn market won't cooperate to let me keep all of that. For now, 12% will have to do.
(Wish I had started with more than 5000 dollars though.)

Peace!

Dawn White
May 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Great comic. :)

deathjack
May 16th, 2007, 01:26 AM
That was an AWESOME joke! The look on Woody's face was priceless.

Shardith
May 16th, 2007, 06:32 AM
It's hard not to like a guy who has a large stuffed Scarlet Macaw fastened to his shoulder.

Now all my expectations of Ted have been raised a few notches....not that that isn't hard to do with Ted.

dweller07
May 16th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Now, if Ted could just invest in boobies... this whole thing would come together nicely.

Suddenly images of Gene Simmons on "Family Jewels" pop into my mind. I have only seen the show a few times, but he always seems to have some idea to try and cash in on boobies, even his kids agree.

Woody
May 16th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I've always considered Ted to be ridiculously intelligent. He just lacks an internal censor for his actions.

lunaticlord
May 16th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Ted investing in boobies... Sounds like a great idea for tomorrow's comic!

Tetron
May 16th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Perhaps Ted could invest in silicon futures, this would in essence allow for an investment in boobies.

Ebruin
May 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Too bad Hooters isn't a public company.
If they were, do you think they would uses the ticker symbol:
OWL,
HOOT,
or BOOB??

gggrant
May 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Boobies are no joking matter. The are one of the most important things in life. =P

Tig
May 18th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Hahha, this is still funny even if you have no idea what Ted's talking about!

kimaya
May 19th, 2007, 09:19 PM
waaai~! so cute.. the expressions are what do it for me.