PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the GU Electronics Family

Woody
May 27th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Taks and I went to Target in the hopes of acquiring a second Guitar Hero controller for the 360. No such luck. But as we walked up the aisle we noticed this white box, easily recognizable for it's simplicity and my personal acquaintance with its relative rarity. There sitting lonely in the bottom of a locked display case was a Nintendo Wii. I immediately turned and headed for the electronics sections' checkout counter, got the attention of the cashier who was busy on the phone with another customer, and secured the box as quickly as possible. Where there was one in the display case, there were more locked into the cabinet under his work station. For a moment I considered buying a second system, specifically to give away on GU. But the groan of my credit card was damn near audible. Now I have the distinct pleasure of being able to pay three times too much for it over the course of the next 5 years. Hooray for me dammit. Hooray for me.

Da_Dude
May 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM
And hooray for being able to pay three times too much for a TV over the course of 5 years, because you got to into Zelda, and sent your Wiimote crashing through the TV.

Be sure to keep us updated on this one, Woody. I am currently torn between a 360 and a Wii, so any input from an outside opinion would be great.

Woody
May 27th, 2007, 10:54 PM
I can only see something bad happen with the Wii-mote if you don't put it on properly.

I dig both the 360 and the Wii so it'll be hard for me to give you advice on one over the other. I'll probably lose weight playing Wii Tennis so that's a huge plus.

Running around my living room swing the remote like a racket and grunting like Monica Selas.

Kristin
May 27th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I love playing Wii Tennis and grunting at the Miis. That's the best part of the Wii. That and seeing your out of shape friends sweating like pigs in front of the TV.

When I was going through chemo earlier this year, the Wii helped me get off the couch and helped me to get some of my energy back. It was completely worth the purchase price.

aicrules
May 31st, 2007, 12:12 PM
The real trick will be NOT throwing the Xbox 360 controller around after playing the Wii for long periods of time.

Halo 3 - Ted empties a clip and has to reload...the odd shaking motion he makes with the controller doesn't work...disaster strikes when he realizes his only option is a grenade...RIP TV, we knew they well.

DashCat9
May 31st, 2007, 12:28 PM
I got a good deal on a Wii a few months back. Unfortunately my rabid WoW addiction prevents me from using it too often. Can't wait for the new Mario and Smash Bros. to come out (hopefully some time this decade). The Resident Evil 4 remake looks like it might be fun...would probably be more so if I hadn't already played the hell out of the original version.

Woody
June 1st, 2007, 11:26 PM
I wrote this message from Wii Opera. It's weird seeing the site on my television screen. Well, that and typing with a remote.

LordKivlov
June 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Heh I hate surfing the web on my PS3, feels weird... Can only imagine what it must be like with a Wiimote :o

Anyone else here waiting for SSBB to come out? I've been waiting for it to release before I buy a Wii :P