PDA

View Full Version : out for the weekend

MCW
December 5th, 2003, 03:11 PM
sup all,

I'm gonna be off the forums for the weekend, I've delayed my dragon due to a few reasons, contest stuff ect...

If im on, it'll be about 20 min. total, I can just imagine half the forum dancing in joy over this news.

Well have fun, good luck and enjoy Woody's wonderful comics

-MCW- Cartoonist -Wind-

Serresrelic
December 5th, 2003, 03:20 PM
We're like... gonna miss you... or something...

Trastero
December 5th, 2003, 03:55 PM
10 threads in 5 days. Anyone know what the record is?

Bombless
December 5th, 2003, 05:08 PM
that's nothing compared to the number of replies the Very Special Thread people have ;)

offensivename
December 5th, 2003, 05:54 PM
yeah, true. and I think Zero Limitz on the old boards did more than that on his first week

Ciarin
December 5th, 2003, 06:01 PM
I've got 10 threads too.

Takara
December 5th, 2003, 07:48 PM
We're like... gonna miss you... or something...

I'm going with the 'or something'...

LowerClassBrat
December 5th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Ill take Miss you someones gotta

offensivename
December 5th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Ill take Miss you someones gotta

He's a nice kid after all :D

Kaylen
December 5th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Party at my place!

.. For.. completely.. unrelated reasons..

Trastero
December 6th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Didn't Zero get banned?

Woody
December 6th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Zero was banned and BEGGED to be allowed back. So, I gave him a second chance before the move.

Velenka
December 6th, 2003, 06:46 PM
I don't know about you guys, but if someone doesn't post for 2-3 days, do you really notice?

Kaylen
December 6th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Sometimes.

And I don't see what's wrong with starting multiple threads as long as they do something. Woody, for instance, tends to start at least five a week.

LowerClassBrat
December 6th, 2003, 08:06 PM
I hate starting one more than once a month.

Serresrelic
December 6th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I think the point that most people are making is that starting random threads just for the hell of it with no point or meaning is fine every once in a while, but with 400+ people on the boards if every one posted such meaningless threads, the boards would fill up really quick with worthless crap.

I mean honestly, who here things they are so important to the boards that they have to fricken announce when they aren't going to be posting (besides woody, and it's debatable whether even he would need to announce it now that he has other moderators)? I mean come on...

Kaylen
December 6th, 2003, 08:43 PM
I try my hardest not to be rude on this forum, even though I'm rude and mean everywhere else, but I think the reason MCW thinks it needs to be an announcement is because of ego and levels of maturity, as well as the environment he was raised and lived in.

I mean, no offense to all those involved (I won't be naming names), but you remember all those "I'm leaving the forums because life sucks" threads? I think they can be loosely (very, very loosely - sorry if I'm insulting anyone) associated, and am I ever glad Woody put a stop to those..

The angst is in my teeth.

Anyway, because I enjoy deluding myself into thinking I'm a nice person, I don't want to discourage MCW from posting or from drawing, but damn. Your work cannot compare to Woody's, at all. John's dragon had a better colouring job. You can get better with time, of course, as everyone does.

You may be important in your home town, but the /GU Forums isn't your home town. This is Europe and Asia and the Middle East, as well as America and various other regions. The only person allowed to have an ego is Woody, dammit.

Ciarin
December 6th, 2003, 10:02 PM
I think if woody announced he wouldn't be here, all the ogies come out of the woodwork and start posting crap.

Takara
December 6th, 2003, 10:38 PM
I don't know about you guys, but if someone doesn't post for 2-3 days, do you really notice?

No.

No one but Woody should even ever post about it either.

Takara
December 6th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Sometimes.

And I don't see what's wrong with starting multiple threads as long as they do something. Woody, for instance, tends to start at least five a week.

He also RUNS these forums.

Kaylen
December 6th, 2003, 11:41 PM
I know that. I was using his posting explanations of the comics as an example of how starting multiple threads could not be annoying.

Joborab
December 9th, 2003, 06:41 PM
I think if woody announced he wouldn't be here, all the ogies come out of the woodwork and start posting crap.

Thats why we have other moderators :-)