PDA

View Full Version : up late...

Ciarin
December 6th, 2003, 04:48 AM
well, I work at night. So, I'm up late.

But, I see that a bunch of you are on here with me. Why do y'all stay up late?

Different time zones for some of y'all, probably.

What do you do all night?

I just got home from a firends' house (tonight is my night off). LOL, it's really hard findin people who can stay up late with me.

Tati
December 6th, 2003, 04:51 AM
I get off work about 2am cst and normally go to bed around 6am :wink:

Kaylen
December 6th, 2003, 04:52 AM
I've been on the phone with someone for a few hours. Normally I don't really do anything, and just stay up because I sleep when I'm tired and don't really have a schedule.

Ciarin
December 6th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Well, I'm going to go to bed. Gotta hit the gym tomorrow, and I wanna get plenty of rest.

night all.

Grimlok
December 6th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Daytime is evil. Oh and i work 2nd shift so when i get off its already kinda late anyway and i don't feel like going to bed right after so i stay up and play games and try to stay out of trouble on the internet.

Dubheasa
December 6th, 2003, 06:42 AM
I work 12 hour night shifts, and I don't like flip-flopping my schedule much. So that means I'm up half the night even on my nights off. I end up playing DAoC, reading or watching TV (rare occasion). And we're in the same time zone Ciarin, it's a shame we play on different servers :)

Serresrelic
December 6th, 2003, 11:49 AM
two words: redbull and vodka. That stuff will keep you wired all night long dang it.

Keiran
December 6th, 2003, 03:30 PM
24 hour days are evil. They should be 32, so I can stay up for 20 hours, then crash for 12. Instead that extra awake time just comes outta my sleep... >.<

Vikingprin
December 6th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Actually Keiran, there have been studies done on that. Cant recall the source atm, been awhile, but they sent a bunch of peeps up to Norway or somewhere where the sun doesnt rise/set for several months and didnt give them clocks. They found that most everyone had shifted to a "day" of at least 26 hours, with 30 not being uncommon. Wish i could remember where i saw this, it was quite interesting :)

Evil_Gondi
December 6th, 2003, 05:29 PM
I stay up late because I hate dreaming.
Unless I can control the dreams, then thats totally different.
Most of the time I can't though.

Poker_Joe

P.S. Cough Drops can make you drowsy when you're sick, but wired when you're not. :roll:

Keiran
December 6th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Controllable dreams... That's worthy of a topic all it's own...

Velenka
December 6th, 2003, 07:07 PM
I stay up late because I'm an insomniac and I study in my spare time. I procrastinate studying by hitting the refresh button on the forums :)

Bombless
December 6th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Since i got Knights of the Old Republic i've been living like a vampire. Finished Kotor but since now is a time of celebrations within the local student population my nights have been all but quiet. Current sleeping time 7am --> 6pm (if i'm lucky not to be disturbed :P). It's kinda funny to go to sleep while it's still dark and wake up to find out it's already dark ;)

Gnomish
December 6th, 2003, 09:11 PM
because i am only lowed online at night, because i use dialup, and i read thee forums after i'm done playing EQ for the night... ^_^ oh... NIGHT OWL

Shiach_gaidin
December 7th, 2003, 02:43 AM
I don't like trying to go to sleep i don't like waking up so therfore i avoid sleep to avoid those two things, and hey I work late so i don't have time after school to do anything so i study and read forums and play FFXI

Velenka
December 11th, 2003, 07:09 AM
It's not off the first page yet! :D

Ok, the sun is coming up. I stayed up all night because everytime I closed my eyes I kept seeing the death scenes from "The Ring", which I last saw over a year ago.

I am the biggest weenie ever.

Kaylen
December 11th, 2003, 07:27 AM
I lose sleep over The Ring, and I've never seen it.

Dr.Gonzo
December 11th, 2003, 07:33 AM
I hate sleeping, with the exception of naps. I love naps. I hate waking up all sore and disorient, I stumble and am too tired to avoid walls, oh and the massive amounts of scratching, sheesh. I need to find a back scratcher somewhere here in alaska ( other reason I probably seem to be on late, dont know GMT time scale but Im an hour later than California). Also, Im on these forums because I can't play EQ here at work. Im a security gaurd at a school on an Island where nothing even happens. I read the police blotter one time here, the only thing it said for the night was something about a neighbors dog wouldnt stop barking police arrived on scene, asked neighbor to quiet dog, dog shortly hushed, police left. That was the only thing for like a week straight. best pay I ever had though.

Satarus
December 11th, 2003, 11:47 AM
two words: redbull and vodka. That stuff will keep you wired all night long dang it.How can you drink redbull? That stuff is nasty

Raven00x
December 11th, 2003, 12:05 PM
CA is GMT-8, so alaska would be GMT - 9.

Serresrelic
December 11th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Hehe. Yeah Redbull is pretty fricken nasty by itself. But mix it with vodka and it kinda tastes like gummy bears. :D

Edit: and another fun side effect of it is no matter how drunk you get, you can't friggen pass out. Which can be good or bad I suppose, hehe.

Radical Edward
December 11th, 2003, 01:15 PM
What is the red bull to vodka ratio, 1:1?

Serresrelic
December 11th, 2003, 01:21 PM
yeah I think it's about 1:1. Take a 16oz glass. Put some ice in it. Fill it half full with vodka, fill it the rest of the way with redbull. good times.

FuzzyBear
December 11th, 2003, 04:45 PM
That's not how I make it. Which might explain why 3/4 of my desktop spills have been redbull/vodka messes. I swear, that stuff ruins more keyboards.
I usually take a pint glass (imperial) a few cubes of ice, and drop in half a can of redbull, filling the rest with Stoli.

And no Velenka, I completely agree.

I refuse to watch it a second time, and the very idea of owning the dvd seems, well, umm, oxymoronic, I guess. Why would you want to bring that in your house?

Scariest.
Movie.
Ever.

Tiladien
December 12th, 2003, 03:59 AM
I wouldn't feel bad Velenka. I refuse to even watch it.

Ciarin
December 12th, 2003, 04:10 AM
I liked the ring, but I've only seen it once.

It was just to freaky, but if someone wanted to watch it with me, I probably would watch, just to see their reaction and talk about the craziness afterwards.......the biggest thing for example: She never sleeps!!

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 12th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I. hated. that. movie.

Kat
December 12th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Check this out. I was watching the movie with Nymph and her PHONE starts ringing. We were almost too scared to answer it. - LOL

But for some reason the scene most everyone thinks is most haunting was predictable to me and it didn't scare me. /pout

I feel left out.

Meeshter
December 12th, 2003, 11:34 AM
my cocktails usually contain like 45% tequila 10% Limejuice and 45% JD... after 3 glasses you'll see vapor-trails of people that walk by you...