PDA

View Full Version : Waving your Weenies at Quest Givers. (4/29)

Woody
April 29th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Stepping in to save my butt after I failed miserably to generate a joke, our very own Stormhaven sent in a guest strip. Here's what she had to say about her submission:

Hello Woody,

Attached is a guest strip that I hope you might find entertaining - I appologize for the art in advance. I set up my new 6x11 Intuos and I can't get the hang of it compared to my old 6x8, so I took the easy way out and did a little heavy handed "painter" style.

A little background into the joke - my druid Stormhaven has been level 73 for a while now; mostly living out of Dalaran. Since I'm a slacker, the bulk of her XP comes from the in-city quests, such as the Cooking and (now) Fishing dailies. After patch 3.1 the Dalaran cooking quests were set at level 80, so suddenly my druid spontanious lost the knowledge of how to cook wine and cheese plates. One rolling restart later, she could do the cooking quests again. One rolling restart after that, she could not. One restart after that, she could. This continued until the most recent patch which supposedly (finally) fixed the issue once and for all. Meanwhile, I imagined tying up Katherine Lee and forcing the rhino dogs down her throat...

Yes, I know the gnome is a Death Knight and not a druid, but gnomes are fun to draw.

-Stormhaven

Thanks Stormy!

Kittyanya
April 29th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Yep, feels like me. I saw blue !'s once, then POOFY. My mom's freaking out about she didn't screenshot her talents when they got reset and blizzard's patch said we were gonna get reset again yesterday, which, thankfully, only duals specs did. Can't wait to see what they goof next "fix".

Jinya
April 29th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Yep, feels like me. I saw blue !'s once, then POOFY. My mom's freaking out about she didn't screenshot her talents when they got reset and blizzard's patch said we were gonna get reset again yesterday, which, thankfully, only duals specs did. Can't wait to see what they goof next "fix".

Oddly enough, not all dual specs got reset yesterday, my druids was fine.

Roger_Smith
April 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Oddly enough, not all dual specs got reset yesterday, my druids was fine.

I was pretty sure that that "patch note" was just left over from the initial 3.1.1 patch, since it was exactly the same. At any rate, none of the toons I logged into had a talent point reset.

Saad77
April 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
While I don't care about the lvl of quests as my main is 80 and the constant repects are annoying but tolerable, this comic struck a chord with me because i never get the freakin mustard dog quest!! Maybe like twice a month out of every day doing them. The few stacks of meat i have for that quest will probably last me a year, meanwhile the mushroom meatloaf and sewer stew quests show up constantly. I'd even take cheese for glowergold more often, just stop with the mushrooms and carrots...please!!

DigitalBaka
April 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I've felt like that plenty of times when I see those silver/gray exclamation marks, especially on alts.

warlockco
April 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I was pretty sure that that "patch note" was just left over from the initial 3.1.1 patch, since it was exactly the same. At any rate, none of the toons I logged into had a talent point reset.

I saw no Patch Note for yesterday. The only Note that was there was from the 21st.

darkpaw
April 29th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Looks just like my DK (not like there is a whole lot of variety in WoW characters)!

Of course when a friend recently got me playing WoW again and I didn't feel like leveling back up on his server I thought "What could possibly be more evil then a female gnome dk with giant pink pony tails?"

kereven
April 29th, 2009, 11:10 PM
As a compulsive cooking-quester, I enjoyed this. The mustard dog one might be weighted less than the others, since it gives an extra cooking award? Personally, I always seem to be short on Rhino Meat, so I prefer pretty much all of the others.

warlockco
April 30th, 2009, 04:55 AM
As a compulsive cooking-quester, I enjoyed this. The mustard dog one might be weighted less than the others, since it gives an extra cooking award? Personally, I always seem to be short on Rhino Meat, so I prefer pretty much all of the others.

I hate the Sewer Stew one the most. Finding those Carrots is a pain.