PDA

View Full Version : Question

Tulewin and Garrbut
December 8th, 2003, 10:59 AM
I have a question. I was reading through the 'Easy ways to get banned' and saw this:

3. Deragatory comments regarding race, religion, creed, gender or sexual preference will not be tolerated.

Do gnomes count when your talking about being racist? After reading the comics many times and seeing all of the ones on gnome punting etc. I would be shocked if being nasty to gnomes would get you banned.
8p

Satarus
December 8th, 2003, 12:09 PM
While many of us here on the forum enjoy gnome punting, gnome kabobs, and gnomish krunchies, there are a small number (no pun intended) of gnomes here who take offense to the so called "gnome bashing." So pretty much just keep it to a minimum and don't go overboard with the gnome jokes.

That said, you know any good sources for gnome parts for gnome kabobs? I get tiered of camping lockjaw just so i can make them up.

Gnomish
December 8th, 2003, 12:13 PM
^_^ I changed my name (I was Gnomish Krunchies) in part, to keep the gnomes from being angry with me ^_^ I think that rule isn't talkin about gnome bashing..

Catila Amano
December 8th, 2003, 12:29 PM
*sighs* Do we HAVE to go through THIS again? DAMN!

Kat
December 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM
I was waiting to hear what Catila would say. :D

Even though I've made a gnome joke or two, I've never really understood WHY people have chosen that race to pick on. Seems kinda silly.

I like my gnome magician!

Hurray for the rightsized!

Coffee
December 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM
I've said it 'afore and I hope I won't have to say it again; do not eat the gnomes. The fighter types are too tough and stringy to be worth the effort and the caster types are too skinny to have any meat worth going after. Trying to eat gnomes is a complete waste of time and they do get sick of those loading please wait messages.

Keiran
December 8th, 2003, 12:42 PM
That's why you have to get more than one, like those little barbecue chicken wings. You wouldn't eat just one of them during a meal, would you?

Cerrena
December 8th, 2003, 12:45 PM
I'm begining to think that all the EQ gnome players should get together and lobby SOE to make brownies a playable race. Maybe if there were something even smaller to pick on, everyone would leave the poor gnomes alone.

Saethori
December 8th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Gnomes.

Can't eat just one.

Trust me, I've played a Gnome before. It was fun, in it's own regard...

But now I pass out Gnome Cookies to nearby trolls...

Gnomish
December 8th, 2003, 12:48 PM
I *HAD* a gnome wizzy.. she was fun, because it was cool to be short... i deleted her, and now, i just allways shrink my Shammay 2 times.. same effect (I'm shorter than the gnomes)... BETTER caster..

j/k about the better part

Nemishan
December 8th, 2003, 12:55 PM
first, i'd like this to not be another gnome bashing thread. second, a little ribbing between the various races is allright. Going from "ribbing" to "bashing" isn't. Use your judgement to decide when it's going too far, but keep in mind, if it does go too far, race-bashing posts are subject to deletion without warning.

That said, isn't it time for someone else to put up the trolls for a few months? neriak is starting to have a truly awful funk.

-Nem

Catila Amano
December 8th, 2003, 01:04 PM
But now I pass out Gnome Cookies to nearby trolls...Gnome Shaped Cookies (http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=4078&menustr=080020020000) are just fine because no Gnomes are harmed to make them. Eating Gnomes, in any form, is not acceptable, however.

Oh, and Gnomish, Gnomes aren't short, other non-rightsized races are tall.

Gnomish
December 8th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Oh.. sorry.. my Shaman is shorter than them when i shrink her 2x... so she's Less-than-rightsized!
This is what she looks like! (http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=4081&menustr=080020020000) that is not a picture link

Kaylen
December 8th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't it be great of Gnomes could be Rangers?

Satarus
December 8th, 2003, 02:08 PM
I would imagine that gnome rangers would be akin to halfling rangers, but would be the brunt of not only ranger jokes, but gnome bashing as well.