PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT's commitment!

Ciarin
December 8th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Apparently, a girl who was sick and dying, died while playing DAoC.

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=60580527&page=1

and I think it sucks that people started flaming the thread too.

Kaylen
December 8th, 2003, 01:23 PM
I stopped reading after a few "Sorry" posts a few days ago, so I didn't see the flaming.. that rather sucks, but were I sick and dying, I'd probably go playing EverQuest.

Ciarin
December 8th, 2003, 01:27 PM
I just rechecked and all the flames have been removed by mods.

Satarus
December 8th, 2003, 01:28 PM
trolls like the ones on there deserve more than the ban stick.

Mordican
December 8th, 2003, 01:37 PM
It is really sad that people just cannot let a simple post be what it is... An expression of loss to the community. You play games and you interact with people on a daily basis... it is only human nature to form bonds of friendship with them in some form or another. In my guild we have several members in the military who are now in Iraq. They are terribly missed not because they are uber_ranger_#2 or what not, but because you knew them for well over a year and because you have spent time with them. Even though its "just a game" it does have an impact on the people who play it. Unforutnatly you will always have the ones with no regard for others and who believe that since it is a game they can do whatever the feel like and not worry about it. It is truly sad... And made even worse when those heartless simpley just don't know when to keep quiet.

Realmreaver
December 8th, 2003, 01:47 PM
They know when to keep quiet sad thing is that is EXACTLY why they weren't.

Velenka
December 8th, 2003, 03:37 PM
This thread just re-affirms my belief that there is beauty, love, and worthiness in the human race, and yet... at the same time re-affirms my desire to see it all burn down. I can't believe someone could perceive the grieving among friends as some sort of self-serving, attention-getting debacle. Some people have no concept of feeling beyond selfishness, so they perceive nothing but selfishness in other's actions. .... /rant off.

My heart goes out to her husband and children, and to her loving guildmates.