PDA

View Full Version : who plays what now?

Ciarin
December 8th, 2003, 03:41 PM
I know it's gonna be mostly EQ. I'm just curious....

Keiran
December 8th, 2003, 03:45 PM
What side?! Planetside!

Saethori
December 8th, 2003, 03:46 PM
I think you're unfairly biasing vs. EQ and DAoC....

Ahem. I haven't played an MMORPG in over a year, so I voted for the one I'm working toward playing... ^^;

Tuluz
December 8th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Umm I have played both. I came back to evercrack. But I like Crackalot. The tradeskills are a lot less wasteful, time consuming, tedious, and cheaper. I like the PVP realm thing it is cool. But I think Evercrack is my home. I don't know why. I just started there so it is like home but both are good games.

As for the rest haven't tried. I heard too much bad stuff about SWG and I can't afford to play more that one MMO at a time. :)

Bashadorf
December 8th, 2003, 04:01 PM
i played eq for a year, got bored with it so i started playing ffxi, i like the class system better, but i do still have days left on eq which i play when ffxi is updating

Satarus
December 8th, 2003, 04:12 PM
I play EQ cause I am finnaly getting to become "uber" and I don't want to get rid of my char. In 1 months time, i have gotten keyed for emporer in ssra and i have the talisman for sleepers (wearing it untill sleeper raid).

Euphem
December 8th, 2003, 04:28 PM
interesting outputs so far... as expected a majority play EQ, but the 2nd most popular one is FFXI :D

Velenka
December 8th, 2003, 04:49 PM
I play both EQ and FFXI now, but I could only vote for one, so it went to FFXI since I put more hours into that game.

Kudane
December 8th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Velenka is your avatar actually you? or is that cut from a picture of someone famous???

those some awesome pouty lips!

khyron
December 8th, 2003, 05:14 PM
I have accounts for EQ, SWG, and FFXI, however I hardly ever play EQ anymore, FFXI kinda bored me, and SWG is my main.

Sarius
December 8th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Has to be FFXI, what with Euphem and Vel and Cobble,.. tis brilliant

Mor`gruth
December 8th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Velenka is your avatar actually you? or is that cut from a picture of someone famous???

That's her. She's hot.

Radical Edward
December 8th, 2003, 07:40 PM
I play FFXI and DAoC but I cast for FFXI sence I play that more then DAoC as of now.

Seikken
December 8th, 2003, 08:10 PM
I am the opposite of Rad Ed... I play both, but daoc is the one i play most...

Karimi
December 8th, 2003, 08:25 PM

Aww kudanes in love :D

Bisuketto
December 8th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I play everquest most of the time. Although i did play FF XI for a month but i lost interest in it.

Syrieal
December 8th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Velenka! Marry me!

Oh and i voted EQ cuz i am already uber and want to be more uber! im the best geared Beastlord on the Good team of SZ! not the best on the server....yet, Go Go Good Team!

Edit: Lets make whole nother topic just to talk about Velenka!

-Syrieal Killer
65 Feral Lord
Sullon Zek

Sevristh
December 8th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Horizons. End of story. Releases in 2 and a half hours. For Istaria!

TukkfromAC2
December 8th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Asheron's Call 2
how many ppl have played it
and....
played on the server Coldeve :?:

Nikoryn
December 8th, 2003, 11:40 PM
I played eq for many years... too many. So much of my life wasted on that game. But oh well about a month ago i finally broke my addiction to that crap and started on swg.

Velenka
December 8th, 2003, 11:46 PM
*sings* This train has been derailed!

I had to go back and read page one... went to page 2 first and thought the marriage proposal was because I was such a hardcore gamer. If only they knew I played SWG and briefly AC as well.... smart, Vel.

Thanks for the compliments, and yes that's me :) That picture came out freakishly well, I'm actually quite un-photogenic, but my ego couldn't help itself.

EDIT: No, for god's sake, don't start a topic on me.

I've never actually played AC2 myself, but I got to look over the shoulder of a friend of mine who beta tested it. I dunno.... just another online fantasy game to me *hides* I'm sure if it was my first, or actually played it, I'd like it more.

TukkfromAC2
December 8th, 2003, 11:57 PM
U wuld liked it more :)
and u shuld try it

Ciarin
December 9th, 2003, 12:10 AM
could we make a topic about you if we spell you name right?

Shadowdragoon
December 9th, 2003, 02:08 AM
I play EQ an FFXI, my vot goe to FFXI.

DocBobo
December 9th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Everquest. And if I can make someone addicted on the game, I will. I succeeded in 2 cases and am right now working on 2 more victims. :twisted:

Dubheasa
December 9th, 2003, 05:21 AM
I played EQ for a little while, but now I'm hardcore DAoC. If we could just get rid of the Mids, it would be a perfect game ;) *runs and takes cover*

Devis
December 9th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Cosidering EQ shipped here today, I guess it's EQ. I palyed UO for a while a few years ago and we shall never speak of it again. Never. Ever.

Funny thing is, I played EQ for about an hour, getting into it, then suddenly, blam, the servers are down for the next two hours.
Happyfunjoy. >:\

Zyndor Fyrmane
December 9th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Have to vote for EQ. It's the only game I play (it's the only game I can afford to play, between expantions, and my account and my wife's account).

Devis, Your in our world now. =) Welcome. You'll see down time like this about every two weeks on average, between updates and maintenance. More frequent following an expansion release.

Inara
December 9th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Mmm EQ.

Been playing it since the first few months it was out, and havn't had any interest in any other MMORPG's. I have been playing my characters too long to go back to something newbie in EQ2 so when good old EQ dies to EQ2, I'll likely need to find a totally different hobbie....Maybe something that involves talking to people face to face....

Inara
Semepr Questio
Emarr Server

Kudane
December 9th, 2003, 10:19 AM

Aww kudanes in love :D

DAMN SKIPPY! you seeing the same avatar I am???

hehehehe

(back to derailing the train)

Sooo Vel, if I promise not to start a topic on just you, will you show us the rest of that picture :) (evil grin) :twisted:

and to be fair in my request, I updated my avatar.. (ROFL)

El Cuchillo
December 9th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Planetside. I'm an FPS fan. Flying those Phoenixes into stuff is fun even if I don't kill much of anything besides MAX suits. Or getting into Sniper wars.

I still like EQ but I don't play it at the moment, I dip enough time into PS...

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 9th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Vel, you have great lips. ;) I just got a huge compliment from a coworker. He looked over my shoulder, saw YOUR avatar, and thought it was me. I was like, wow thanks, but no, not me.

Teehee first Woody, now the guy at work ;) And I vote that we DO start a thread on you. :P

Salerk
December 9th, 2003, 12:44 PM
seeing im doing the Rubies thing right now, i voted other :)

Kudane
December 9th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Teehee first Woody, now the guy at work ;) And I vote that we DO start a thread on you. :P

Unless I missed a thread.. that was ME that derailed this topic onto her lips...

and i am ransoming a thread about her right now, ROFL... hehehe (see page 2)

/bow

Satarus
December 9th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Rhia's right, Velenka is a hottie.

**mumbles focus Satarus, must stay on topic...**

back on topic, FFXI sounds kinda nice, but i heard the UI kinda blows, and if the game is hard to play, I really have a hard time getting interested in it. I enjoyed playing EQ cause it was easy to get a handle on it, although i killed my self more time than i can count trying to do quests by saying what [keyword]. I always thought of it as a way of natural selection.

Note: i relocated autoattack to the 0 key on the numpad.

Catila Amano
December 9th, 2003, 12:59 PM
I voted Other... I've been playing "Uru: Ages Beyond Myst" recently, and just got into the Prologue (read: post release beta) of Uru Live.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 9th, 2003, 01:40 PM

Unless I missed a thread.. that was ME that derailed this topic onto her lips...

and i am ransoming a thread about her right now, ROFL... hehehe (see page 2)

/bow

no no no. I was referring to me being confused with Velenka. Woody did it in a post recently, and then a guy here at work saw her avatar and thought it was a pic of me. Sorry for the confusion.

Kudane
December 9th, 2003, 01:49 PM
np Rhia,

we should continue on topic.. since I have noticed that Woody has added rule 15, no derailing..

I am playing EQ, and may try FFXI at some point in the future.

ps. Vel, still curious about the rest of the picture :)

Karimi
December 9th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Haha good one Kudane , if you will make the thread make it a pic thread.

LOL nice avatar.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 9th, 2003, 02:12 PM
I'm back to playing SWG right now. I tried FFXI, but I didn't really like it, so I cancelled right before my 30 free days was up.

I've been thinking about going back to EQ. I have a RL friend on a different server, and his guild seems pretty cool. They are one of those guilds that kill mobs with about half the number of people everyone tells them they need ;) Which sounds really appealing to me, actual strategy over zerg tactics.

Kat
December 9th, 2003, 02:16 PM
See? What did I tell you Valenka? Huh? What did I tell you?

Bombless
December 9th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Other! Since I've quit Eq i've been over a few betas, but couldn't find what i'm looking for. Sooo i'm kinda mmorpgless right now.
Until i manage to get my hands on a copy of FFXI that is :P

Tenolein
December 9th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Everquest.

Thats all.. Everquest. =)

Ciarin
December 9th, 2003, 03:21 PM
I played EQ for a little while, but now I'm hardcore DAoC. If we could just get rid of the Mids, it would be a perfect game ;) *runs and takes cover*

aRgh!!! (http://ciarin.com/DAOC/Ciarin/Ciarin_fight.jpg)

Soria
December 9th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Meh, not really playing on PC games at all. I would play FFXI but crappy computer coupled with un-emplyment and no cerdit card don't make good pc gaming. But since it's FF any, I voted that one. mmm FF7.

Dr.Gonzo
December 10th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Im trying desperately to avoid the temptation to try new mmorpg and stick with EQ. Only other one I tried was rubies of Eventide, I hope they make it, the community and tech support was unbelievable, as well as the price, but I had to return to EQ.

Dubheasa
December 10th, 2003, 07:33 AM
aRgh!!! (http://ciarin.com/DAOC/Ciarin/Ciarin_fight.jpg)[/quote]

lol Very nice Ciarin...I knew there were some Middies here, that's the only reason I said that ;)

Denial
December 10th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Me? Playing my bounty Hunter on SWG and blasting any Imperial startrooper who thinks overwise!

Finally got back into SWG after a few months because of my nagging Physics teacher and her... "You need to turn in homework" whining.

*sighs* teachers nowadays...

Anxst
December 24th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Ah, the beauty of Dark Age of Camelot.

But, it's not like I've been playing long.....

Joborab
December 24th, 2003, 04:35 PM
none :-( *cries*

Shas'O Belitsar
December 24th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I played EQ for about two years, once I finally got a character close to level 50 I realized that I had given up a heck of a lot to get there and I didn't have any more free time to commit to get further.

I switched to DAOC which WAS lowbie friendly. Than half the servers got a /level 30 command (start a character at level 30) in order to "balance" out the various realms. Suddenly the low level pvp zones became ghost towns and I was again faced with the prospect of slowly climbing to level 50 in order to join in the pvp fun again. I just can't be bothered.

Am desperately looking for an MMORPG that is fun for the casual player :(

rimedragona
December 26th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Hmm... currently I'm playing FFX (yes, not the online one) more often than EQ... I'd like to play the online one, but one online addiction is enough. The only reason I'm playing FFX so much is so I can rent FFX-2. I've not beaten X yet, you see... *sigh* So, while I voted FF, I also play EQ /alot/.

I really need to patch EQ... it's been a couple of days. ^_^*

Requiem_Aristade
December 26th, 2003, 03:16 AM
Well voted for EQ here... considering my only other online experience was SWG...and god was it horrible.. Been at EQ since Kunark was released and I have no idea how I am ever gonna give up my chars to start over again once WoW comes out... the only reason for the planned change is due to customer support.... I have a feeling BLizzard is gonna try a bit harder than SOE is

spoott
December 26th, 2003, 02:59 PM
i play EQ but now i play FFXI more... hehe

Kinera
December 26th, 2003, 09:12 PM
eq eq eq...played eq for almost 3 years now ;) 65 cleric/monk/rogue and 55 druid (now my only char)

Kelori
December 29th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I have been playing Everquest for 4 years.. Started playing star wars galaxies in hmmm Septemberish... I like SWG better but I spend equal amount of time in both games. For some reason, I feel bad when I feel I have been away from EQ too long like I have an obligation to keep playing.. *shrug* Since I enjoy SWG better, I am one of the few who voted for it!

Kelori Lacru, Naritus

Velenka
December 29th, 2003, 11:30 PM
I'm playing a whole lot of nothing right now. Damn you, wallet-moths! Maybe in a few more months, I can throw down on some EQ prepay cards. I wish FFXI made pre-pay cards, though...might actually have to abuse the credit card for that one..

Brenlo
December 29th, 2003, 11:51 PM
EQ! Been playing for almost 5 years and still going strong. (of course you knew I was going to say that)

Brillopad the EQ Fan

Damanin
December 30th, 2003, 03:50 AM
I've been playing EQ for about 4 years, and then FFXI came along and EQ just went downhill from there.

December 30th, 2003, 06:06 AM
DAoC at the moment, but i'm signing up my EQ account again later tonight.

powersurge
December 30th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Been playing EQ since velious but currently:

DAoC (newbie but I dunno I like the game itself I think but I hate the menus/controls just can't seem to get into it. Cancelling soon I think)

SOE All Access:

Everquest (Well I have a 65 cleric/ 63 monk but I haven't played in a couple of months. Being able to advance at this lvl and not be in a uber raid guild is hard. Not to mention monks have been screwed up and the latest so called upgrades didn't help at all IMO. Thinking I'm either going to strip down all my characters and start one of the "solo classes" since soe screwed up monks or cancel the all access package sometime.)

EQoA (newbie its kind of neat but I can't seem to get into it and play it a ton like I use to play EQ)

PlanetSide (Lots of fun to play in one hour chunks or so but I suffer along with alot of other players the dreaded crashing bugs)

SWG (Still a newbie marksman/scout working up my skills and imperial faction to become a bounty hunter. I like it so far but I do see people getting bored with it if played in large time chunks)

Anarchy Online (lots of fun good for 30min time chunks doing missions. Does get old a bit have to take a break then come back but still fun each time I go back. Still mainly a under lvl 60 newbie atm though so I haven't seen any of the high end stuff. Mainly just missions/subway/train city aka Temple of the 3 winds and missions. Seen one or 2 of those outdoor dyna camps though. The GM/guide folks are GREAT. When I logged in for the first time a "Ark" poped up near me and asked if I needed anything or had any questions since I was just starting out! GM in eq would never do that heh.)

IMO none of the current MMORPG's have it all. They need to combine the casual, raiding, soloing, and grouping styles into one game IMO to be a true "next gen" game. Every class should be able to solo, grouping should be faster but not the only way, you should be able to advance via soloing/trade skilling AND raiding(20ish person max raids none of this insane 72 player raid crap. It gets old and isn't really fun. more so for the person running it), good story, Factional PvP. Hopefully WoW will have all this. If not I'll still be waiting. EQ imo had a good deal of this back before luclin came out. Went down hill after that.

ancarett
December 30th, 2003, 05:30 PM
DAoC all the way for the last eighteen months. Before that I played EQ for several years. I only jump multiplayer games when my husband does -- he's my constant companion, whatever (virtual) world we're in.