PDA

View Full Version : FFXI server downage

Bashadorf
December 8th, 2003, 07:08 PM
ok the servers have been down for a long time, then they came back up a little while ago, i tried logging in and it froze, i went back to the viewers ffxi page and it said that it was down due to technical difficulties, all for a server transfer alot of us didn't request, just though it was funny and i had to say something...

Velenka
December 8th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Their servers were getting overfull, causing lag. Before the new servers went live, they gave everyone the oppertunity to transfer to the new servers if they wanted to. Even if only 3 people requested it, they had to do it for all the people from this day on that join the game or risk the old servers crushing under the new weight. Newbies will probably be allocated to the new empty servers (barring worldpasses) until they even out with the existing servers.

Just to clarify for anyone else who doesn't know what was going on :)

Bashadorf
December 8th, 2003, 10:30 PM
the part about alot of us not requesting it was more or less a joke, i really just made the post to pass time until the servers were back up, btw are they?

Velenka
December 8th, 2003, 10:35 PM
I'm alternating from playing on the equippment at work and goofing off on the computers lol, your guess is as good as mine :)

KiTA
December 9th, 2003, 06:57 PM
What's the name of the new server, anyway? Is it Asura? I don't remember Asura being in the list before but it's not at the bottom of the list either...