PDA

View Full Version : A Terrible Day

Wolf
December 11th, 2003, 11:20 AM
One of those crappy days agian, im sick and i cant play EQ. Last night i also jumped off this 8 foot thing without shoes on and landed on this hard stuff but meant to land on the balls of my foot but my heels came crashing down and i bruised them both. My mom wont let me to play eq at my brothers!! ahhhh, EQ is so adicting. My friend wanted to me switch to FFX and i couldn't think of an answer why not to lol. But whats worse is im also sick!!! So going over to my brothers is a total NO. I have a question though also, what is the lowest mb video card that will still play eq not laggy. Cause the one at my brothers isnt that great and when i play on the laptop is a ton better. 64mb good enough or should i go to 124mb?

(-=Phoenix=-)
December 11th, 2003, 03:27 PM
heh, i fractured my foot doing the same thing last night. im so bored... sitting around with a numb foot and about a pound of ice on it... /sigh. lol at least i can play AO =P

Kaylen
December 11th, 2003, 04:09 PM
I've been having bad days for awhile now. Sore muscles, with the chance to pull any one randomly, headaches, taking an hour to get out of bed.. fun stuff like that. And now a tooth is acting up and probably has a cavity. But it's okay, because I've got rich, chocolatey Ovaltine.

KiTA
December 11th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Oh, I've had a worse week. This is off topic and belongs in the special forum, but I figure this might help put your problems in perspective.

Last Tuesday I got to the dentist for the first time in years, and instead of the 3 or 4 cavities I expected, he found like 15 (most of which are too small to be seen but show up on Xrays). At $130 a tooth (average in my state) that's over $2500. I've already spent about $300 on a checkup and a cleaning, and the dentist wants me in for at least one more "under the gums" cleaning (@$166) before he even *thinks* about drilling.

Yesterday I got woken up at 5 AM by my mother in a panic, my diabetic brother syphoned gas out of a car and accidentally drank some of it, and it played heck on his insides, causing his blood sugar to drop to the 20s. He has a pacemaker in his stomach to regulate acid flow -- if it doesn't work, his stomach doesn't digest food, it just sits in there and rots, slowly poisoning him. So he gets home from the hospital in about 2 and a half hours, but will probably have to go up to Seattle to reset the pacemaker in a few weeks if it was messed up.

3 days ago at work the phone company did a generator test (turn off live power, turn on emergency generators, wait 1 hour, swap back) on the building that we have our servers in. At the same time, our UPSes failed -- the batteries shorted out and didn't warn us until they actually went down. The repeated power on power offs blew up *all* our servers. They went down at 10:30 and didn't come back up till like 2 AM when the owner and the admin could replace them. Some of them are still down. My boss (the owner of the company) is probably getting tired of hearing from me -- sicne I've called him about something going down or breaking once a day for at least the last week and a half. Day before yesterday our ISDN system went down (fallout from day before) and I had to call him away from a basketball game he was looking forward to, and later that night the main gateway for some of our high speed stuff went down -- and I had to wake him up at 11:30 about it.

Oh, and with all that stuff blowing up at work, my call load (the number of calls I get a night) is like 7X normal... Plus, I've been doing afterhours (34 hours a week, but I work out of my home) *and* been going in to the office (about 22 hours a week)... and for some reason I haven't been getting overtime for it. (At one paycheck I had 81 hours, at least 7 of which should have been overtime.) I get 1 day off every 2 weeks right now, which is... exhausting at times.

Oh, and my evidence of all this unpayed overtime? My Paystubs got torched (literally) by my mother, when she decided the papers I had on my desk under my Nostromo weren't all that important, even though I told her about my overtime problems.

So yeah, I think I have you guys trumped for bad weeks. =) At least my new drawing supplies came in. (Finally got a manikin, got the how to draw manga: perspective, How to draw manga: more about bishoujo (which is waaay more risque than I expected), and how to draw manga US collection 1 (by Dunn and Perry and the like), along with a copy of "Robin and Cindy" by Naga, one of my fav artists.)

FuzzyBear
December 11th, 2003, 05:07 PM
I play on a 16mb video card and experience almost no lag with all models on and spell graphics set to near-maximum.

My 1024MB of RAM does the work for me.

Friend of mine runs with an onboard laptop video card and a 1/3 gig of ram. She zones incredibly slow, but she managed to mess with her settings enough that she doesn't lag much.

"not supported" doesn't mean cat poop if you tweak things well.

Gildari
December 11th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Well... as for bad news...

Oops... mis-balanced the checkbook, 3 bad overdrafts. $29.00 each. And the bank account is now at -174.00

My car went clunk when I pushed on the gas.... ooh.. some bolt thingy had come loose in the engine and the engine was trying to climb out of the front of the car. $150

A tooth started acting up, yep, a cavity, oh wait, it's worse, root canal. My cost after "insurance" $250.

A real estate closing got delayed because there were "problems" that weren't "there before" when the buyer's lender looked at his credit... $3500 payday delayed... hopefully for ONLY one week. (ok now I want to start crying)... when...

The family wanting to move to Denver and had picked out a home that I looked with them for over 48 hours of actually work time (3 weeks of being in the car) just told me to forget it, their daughter didn't want to buy a house in denver any more... Forget about it, we're going on vacation and travel instead. Click. (yes, they hung up on me... I know there's a slight language barrior, but jeez... I've been i the car with them for more than the average person's work week and they WERE very friendly to me up until that point) so I get to wave goodbye to a $5600 paycheck as well... Do I want to make myself depressed and think about the gas and time....? Nah. I think i'm good for now.

Kaylen
December 12th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Ouch.. root canal. If I ever need one of those done, you may as well shoot me.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have teeth.

Dr.Gonzo
December 12th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Uhg, you poor people.
I uhm wont mention my week, because well it hasnt been THAT bad.
Hope things start looking up for you...
And God bless us, everyone (tis the season to qoute Dickens)

Meeshter
December 14th, 2003, 06:57 PM
heh, i fractured my foot doing the same thing last night. im so bored... sitting around with a numb foot and about a pound of ice on it... /sigh. lol at least i can play AO =P

yeah well... you didn't really fracture it... just sprained it... and it wasn't a BIG sprain... I sprain my left hand more painfully than you did that night... =P

Kordesh
December 14th, 2003, 07:02 PM
I've had a bad past 4 months, if not longer......

Meeshter
December 14th, 2003, 07:12 PM
My bad day was last week when I tried a Matrix-Flip on DDR... my feet caught the bar and I smashed my head into the floor @_@;;;

Druidic Elf
December 14th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Lol, I have bad days all the time ^_^ Except I hardly ever notice it. My friends always tell me I'm 'too' optimistic, lol. Whenever I'm getting real mad or in a real bad mood, I just try to stay positive. That's what my dad told me, and so far it's worked real nice like ^_^ Anyway, just try to stay outgoing, and it'll get better in time! ;)

Tenolein
December 14th, 2003, 09:25 PM
I was mostly the same way Druidic Elf. Until recently when I watched my life rip apart at the seams.

Then I just lost all feeling and do whatever the hell I please. That's worked out fairly well, I might add. =)

(-=Phoenix=-)
December 14th, 2003, 09:32 PM
My bad day was last week when I tried a Matrix-Flip on DDR... my feet caught the bar and I smashed my head into the floor @_@;;;

LOL, i should slap you, dude. =P never do that again, unless im around with a camera. invite me next time you go DDR-ing. =P

Meeshter
December 14th, 2003, 10:27 PM
stfu...

Coffee
December 14th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Er, what the hell is DDR?
Only DDR I'm familiar with is a form of computer memory.

Tenolein
December 14th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Thats what I was thinking..

Meeshter
December 14th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Dance Dance Revolution... the game where white guy's have SOME rythym and asians are hailed for their ability to grow a second set of legs and pwnz everyone...