PDA

View Full Version : SWG

Pages : [1] 2

Trastero
December 1st, 2003, 08:14 AM
If figured I'd be the first of the six remaining players of SWG to post on the new forum. Go me!

I had a Croggi sighting! He was alive and well and riding a big chicken through theed!

Kat
December 1st, 2003, 09:04 AM
Trastero when you start seeing 7 foot tall teddy bears ridding chickens through Theed, you need to take a break hon. :)

By the way, this is Britebane.
I changed my name and when I get home I'll have my new avatar up too.

I still don't believe you saw Croggi though.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 1st, 2003, 09:57 AM
No, its true. I saw him too.

Kat
December 1st, 2003, 10:19 AM
Wow! You saw Croggi all the way from FFXII?

I thought you were only playing that Rhia?
Are you a dual MMORPG Wench now?
Can I end all the sentences in this post with a question mark?
Well, except for the "Wow!" exclamation?

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 1st, 2003, 11:07 AM
Actually, I think that I am gonna quit FFXI. I know a lot of people really love it, but its just not doing it for me. My friend keeps telling me "this isn't Everquest" ... but so far as I can tell... its exactly the same. So my 30 day trial period is up in the next few days, I'm going to try to remember to cancel before then.

Karimi
December 1st, 2003, 11:16 AM
SWG ... hmm i keep wondering if i should play it. What do you guys think ?

Trastero
December 1st, 2003, 12:16 PM
Kat: Yep, he was there. And you are going to LOVE what he named his chicken. heheheh

Gun: Give it a whirl, man. Jump on the Kauri server and start on Theed. I'll hook you up and help you get started. The game is a heck of a lot of fun for newbies. How is the new expansion for PS?

Galnor
December 1st, 2003, 12:48 PM
Gun,
depends on what you are looking for in a game. SWG is a different type of game from EQ or DAOC. So, if you liked those games and they way they worked, you might get bored with SWG. Not saying it will happen, it just seems that is the trend I have seen from reading other boards and talking with people in-game (when I did play). If the initial $50 isn't that big of a deal, I would say give it a shot, but just sign-up for a 1-month subscription and play it for a few weeks.

For me personally, it isn't a game for me. I played for about 1 and a half months. I did discover that I enjoy getting loot off of mobs. Having everything player made and only getting exp and a little money from mobs detracted from the excitement of the hunt for me.

Although the VN boards can get crazy, you should be able to ask (or read) about the current bugs in the game and see if they are something you can live with. I hope it is ok to mention another board in this context, if not let me know :)

Again, it does depend on what you are looking for, but don't expect something like DOAC or EQ. SWG is closer to UO, but is different than any other game I have played.

Realmreaver
December 1st, 2003, 02:10 PM
Played SWG and loved it... for 3 months.... I am sorry I was going to HAVE to go into a crafting profession cause my weapons deteriated too quickly?
I had a hard problem getting cash at the time... heard I needed people whom I could call friends to hook me up in groups... if you want to solo in SWG do NOT go with anything combat oriented ... Otherwise for a laggy in city game it isn't that bad... but the missons bordom is... that and people's negativity in game not saying out of it really put a damper on things.
Oh, let's not go into the whole is this even star wars? thing. But if it wasn't called star wars it'd be ok. I just wish I could find a game where you can solo more than I have seen. I an't THAT big in FFXI now that I MUST group to level at all. just want to chat to folks online while I play; maybe group if I had the right party for it... sigh...

So far it goes in my rating system.

EQ

PSO

FFXI

SWG

Best liked to least liked.
Oh why not still play EQ? uber guilds. and why not PSO? gamecube. Nuff said.

Jennivere
December 1st, 2003, 02:39 PM
I play SWG myself, and I love it. I have 3 characters. On Intrepid I have a master dancer/pistoleer. On Kettemoor I have a master tailor/merchant. On another account I have a teras kasi artist/doctor, who is also on Kettemoor. I've had no problems soloing in the game. Just have to figure out the trick so doing so, I suppose. Cash, on the other hand, I feel is really easy to make. A lot easier than it is to make plat in EQ, in my opinion.

Kat
December 1st, 2003, 03:22 PM
I think I just got too discouraged with SWG. I had a run in with about 2 weeks where EVERY SINGLE mission I went on had at least 1 empty spawn spot because of Suburban Sprawl. It was maddening.

I was also in the battle on our server that looked like it was going to be cool until we started fighting. There must have been about 100-150 players and it seemed like everyone had 2 - 3 pets or soldiers added on and it was just insane, and it turned the game into a big slide show and it was very discouraging. Add to that fact that I started having schedule conflicts with 2 or my main SWG buddies and it was harder and harder to enjoy my time in game.

I've played at least half of the MMORPG out there from launch, or BETA and I'd have to say the release of SWG in the state they released it in was awful. I LOVE Star Wars, I even like hte game, I'm just going to wait until more is added and more kinks worked out because I don't have the patience for it right now.

I am REALLY enjoying LDoN right now.

Croggibacca
December 1st, 2003, 03:47 PM
Yup, It's all true, I was there, I saw him! Croggi Lives!

Oh wait, that's me. . . I'm Alive!

hehe anywho, Brite, or Kat, or whatever you are calling yourself now, I wish you'd log on and kill some rebs with Trastero and I... *hint hint*

Poofe 'n Evandril
December 1st, 2003, 10:10 PM
I want to like SWG, I do, just every time I play it, the game ends up annoying me more than entertaining me <shrugs>

Cobble
December 2nd, 2003, 06:24 AM
I just logged back in for a sec on my wifes acount to see the changes. I agree with Poofe, I try to enjoy it but I end up just bored and frustrated.

Karimi
December 2nd, 2003, 06:36 AM
Actually i have returned to eq, haven't played much though.

Trastero
December 3rd, 2003, 09:11 PM
Come over to the darkside, Gun.

Realmreaver
December 3rd, 2003, 10:32 PM
Tried to play SWG took 4 hours to remember why I hate it soo much the totally broken PvP the mounts don't do squat for me really and seriously thing that bikes and land speeders gonna change much

Catila Amano
December 4th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Since it's approaching the 6 month anniversary (now THAT'S an oxymoron!), I am sticking by my original promise to look at SWG again after a year rather than giving it just 6 months. When it was released, I didn't think that 6 months was enough time to fix its problems.

Croggibacca
December 4th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Yes Gun, you should give in to your hatred and join your bretheren. You can feel it in your soul, it is your destiny.

Croggibacca
December 6th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Sorry for the double post, but am I honestly the only person who actually checks this thread anymore??

Realmreaver
December 6th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Little reason as most think SWG is trash which is about the truth but since I am a casual player and SWG is rather catered towards them I sorta have to stick with SWG till LEAST WOW pops.

EQ holds no more love anymore and FFXI be perfect if they let up on the death exp penalty and the fact that grouping is such an absolute need.

Trastero
December 6th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I still check it, Croggi.

Aysha sighting! Yep, saw her last night. In tells, anyway.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 6th, 2003, 09:07 PM
NO WAY! You're a filthy liar Trastero, and should be ashamed.

Croggibacca
December 7th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Aysha?

Really. . . so that's why it's been so damn cold here! Geeze!

I wonder if she'll be on anytime soon. . . Hmm. . . a post of the possible times would be awesome. . *HINT HINT HINT*

Kat
December 7th, 2003, 02:03 PM
You saw who now? :wink:

Trastero
December 7th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Aysha. I saw Aysha. Like it or not, it's a fact. I should have taken a screenie. Must make a note....

She even made mention of a semi-regular recurring role!

Croggibacca
December 7th, 2003, 02:27 PM
hmm... I would have to see it to believe it. . . btw, I'm on now...

Trastero
December 8th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Wow! Croggi AND Aysha in the same day/night! Thanks for your help, last night, big guy! Kat, you missed him by a matter of minutes, hon. Sorry I had to run, last night, but the hot tub, it was a callin'! Now...red rover, red rover send Raven back over!

Kat
December 8th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Looks like I'm still having schedule conflicts with my SWG buddies.
/pout

But I look pretty spify riding a Kaduu if I do say so myself.

Croggi if what I heard hinted about your mount's name is true I'm going to be quite cross with you. :wink:

Sumus_Legio
December 8th, 2003, 05:55 AM
I like SWG, I have been playing for about 4 months and for the most part I have alot of fun, I really like the fact that if I don't like what my character is at the moment I can just dump skill pts and do something new. Now if they can just get every thing fixed it would be a great game.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 8th, 2003, 01:26 PM
I had an Aysha sighting too! It's true, it's true!

Kat
December 8th, 2003, 09:34 PM
I saw Aysha too! :wink:

Trastero
December 9th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Oh man...this Battlestar Gallactica mini-series on SFC is REALLY going to cut into my playing time, this week. One word...wow!

Kat
December 9th, 2003, 04:57 AM
I think it was really good. And it ate 2 hours of MY playtime too.

But I still managed to run around with my Kaduu for a bit.
I wish the movement FELT faster than running.
But am I ever happy? Oh wait, yeah, I am, so this is just a dissapointing thing and I'm not whining, only commenting.

Here's whining; "Why can't you make your mount "burst run"?

Kaylen
December 9th, 2003, 05:19 AM
You can. Type /gallop

Kat
December 9th, 2003, 05:49 AM
:oops:

Trastero
December 9th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Yep, /gallop is the only way to keep em running if you get aggro'd. If you aren't galloping, your ride slows down. If you do get aggro'd and want to get away, /gallop.

Oh, and DUH!

Catila Amano
December 9th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Oh man...this Battlestar Gallactica mini-series on SFC is REALLY going to cut into my playing time, this week. One word...wow!One more word: TiVo. ;)

Kat
December 9th, 2003, 11:57 AM
I wish I had a TiVo. I bought 6 hour tapes and put them on SP to get a good picture. And I lost the last 2 minutes! /pout

Who would expect a 2 hour show to eat a 6 hour tape even on the slow setting?

Good thing about SciFi is they show the thing like 3 times in a row and we'll be sick of it by February when they play it 3 times a day 5 days a week. :D

Trastero
December 9th, 2003, 01:04 PM
[One more word: TiVo. ;)

Two words: Gnome stew. :P

Sorry, just couldn't let that one slide. Seriously, I'm getting some shiny new blank tapes just for BG.
Kat, what time will you be on, tonight?

Kat
December 9th, 2003, 01:15 PM
I'll be on after BSG which is 10pm Central.
But I can only play for like an hour. :cry:

Croggibacca
December 9th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Ack! Only an hour?? Well then, I'll have to make sure that I don't miss out on this limited time event!

Hey, everyone, btw, when do the speeders go live? Also, are they going to re-air the first episode? I missed it. . .

Trastero
December 9th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Croggi, I'm sure they will play it to death. I forsee BSG marathons. They reaired the first episode right after it premered. But, that doesn't really help you, does it. :-)

Croggibacca
December 9th, 2003, 03:57 PM
not much, but I just saw it will air again tonight at 7pm so I'll see it then.

Hey, Rhiamon, can you make me a set of clothes in black? My current wookiee garb is getting a bit run down with all the cloning i'm been forced to do lately.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 9th, 2003, 04:41 PM
www.breigh.com

Pick out what you want and drop me an in-game email, otherwise I'll forget.

Kat
December 10th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Rhia any word on new tailor items?

Croggi, you missed the limited engagement. Did you at least see BSG?

Croggibacca
December 10th, 2003, 01:28 PM
I did see BSG, but I was out almost as soon as it was over. Getting up at 5 in the morning has really cut down on my ability to enjoy a night off.

Kat
December 10th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Me too Croggi.
When you see the clock and it says 4:45AM you SHOULD be thinking,
"Man, I stayed up LATE!"

Not,
"Man, I have to leave for work in 20 minutes!"

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 10th, 2003, 03:09 PM
I haven't heard anything about new tailor items, but I avoid the SWG forums like the plague. For one thing, they always promise stuff that they never deliver. So this way I'm not disappointed :D

For another, those forums are downright annoying. They need Woody to mod them.

Croggibacca
December 11th, 2003, 07:19 PM
hey rhia, i'm dropping you an email in game on my desired clothes.

Thanks in advance!

Lemme know how much the tally is gonna be and when it'll all be ready.

khyron
December 14th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Just some vehicle info for y'all, in case someone didn't know :)

Normally, a player runs at 5 m / s. They burst run at 10 m / s.

Mounts run at 7 m / s. They gallop at different speeds, but are generally around 11 m / s. They can gallop 2-3 times as long as you can burst run.

Now, there's 3 vehicles coming.

The X34 landspeeder drives at 13 m / s on flat terrain.. It has 2500-3000 HP. It has the smallest penalty to speed, when going over hills (I think, no penalty to speed).

The Speederbike drives at 15 m / s on flat terrain. It has 1500-2500 HP. It has a medium speed penalty when going over hilly terrain.

The Swoop Bike drives at 17 m / s on flat terrain. It has 1500-2500 HP. It has a large speed penalty when going oevr hilly terrain.

All vehicles lose HP as you drive them. They cost 4 credits per 1 hp to repair at a garage. (SO repairing 1000 HP costs 4000 credits)

You can only have ONE vehicle in your datapad. You can have multiple vehicle deeds in your inventory, but only 1 in your datapad. If you want to use a new vehicle, you have to destroy your current one. If your vehicle's HP ever hits 0, it is destroyed and cannot be repaired.

I'm pretty excited for vehicles - they're going to make travel SO MUCH less annoying :D

khyron
December 14th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Oh, and speeders go live sometime this week. Probably around wednesday or thursday.

Realmreaver
December 14th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Yesss.... but.... who can accually afford the upkeep?

Kaylen
December 14th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Uh.. 4,000 credits is nothing.

Raven00x
December 14th, 2003, 02:27 PM
4k is what you use to wipe your nose after you sneeze...

guesimating the eq conversion, it's like 4 gold. *maybe* 4 plat.

Kaylen
December 14th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Kinda reminds me of yen. Or lira.. since I've actually used lira, and have just heard scary bedside stories about the evil yen.

It can add up.. but unless the thing dies a few minutes out into the world, keeping the maintenance up will be easy.

Kat
December 14th, 2003, 03:39 PM
That bugs me about SWG too because in the movies Han Solo was seriously in debt to Jabba and when he thought he talked Obi-Wan into paying 17 thousand he was SO excited. Not only because it would end his debt but he was worked up that this single job would pay so much. And Luke exclaimed they could almost buy their own ship for that.

khyron
December 14th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Agreed, Kat... I remember when Obi-Wan and Han were haggling for price, han goes... "We'll do it for TEN."

I can only assume he meant 10k credits... which I can earn in like, 30 minutes :p

Hell, the speeder prices I've heard quoted are anywhere from 10-20k.

My new gun was 20,000 credits...

Croggibacca
December 17th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Has anyone tried the new vehicles?

I'm about to get a Swoop bike -- just to see Croggi on it.

Let me know what you all think of these new advances in the game.

Kat
December 18th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Are you still in DL Croggi? PM me if you still are.

khyron
December 21st, 2003, 01:02 AM
Okay, those of you who still play SWG...

... On Christmas Day, the Devs are going to be giving out a Holocron, to every player on every server.

Holocrons, as an FYI, are used to figure out which skill you need to master, to be able to open up your Jedi Slot!

And, because it's being given to everyone on every server, this means if you have 3 characters on 3 different servers... there's a holocron on each character.

Now, my proposal is this :

I have a character on Kauri right now, as an alt. If one of you wishes to make a character on Tarquinas, I would like to arrange a trade! I shall give my alt's holocron to you on Kauri, and you give one to me on Tarquinas.

This is, FYI, a legit practice. Official word from SOE (Found in : http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Development&message.id=967219 ) is that "Regarding cross server trades, these are not illegal and can be done."

If you do wish to trade, you will need to make an alt character on Tarquinas before Christmas Day, to make sure that he/she gets the Holocron. Is there anyone who would like to participate in a trade?

khyron
December 21st, 2003, 01:05 AM
Just a bit of info who need more clarification on the Jedi System.

To become a Jedi, you must master 5 specific professions. They're random for each character. One person may need to master chef, pistoleer, bounty hunter, ranger, and Politician. Another may need to master Architect, Teras Kasi, Doctor, Creature Handler, and Musician.

If you get a holocron, it will tell you which profession you need to master next. You can use Holocrons four times, but the fifth profession is always hidden.

So, the quickest path to openning up your Jedi Character slot, is to use a holocron, master the profession it gives you, then use a different holocron, master the profession, etc. You have to use 4 holocrons, then start mastering other professions until you manage to find the one you need to open your FSCS.

That's why having more than 1 holocron is very important.

Nilana
December 21st, 2003, 03:02 AM
Another bit of info, the skills that you need to master are linked to your ACCOUNT, not your character. So if you have two holos on one character and two on another then you can read the holos on one character and master the skils on the other. Theoretically you don't even need to master them all on the same character, since they are linked to the account. The account needs to master X1, X2, X3, X4, and X5, in that order. Then you get one force sensitive character slot to open on any server you want, yes it can be the same one your main is on.
I really don't know why they are trying to flood the game with jedis, maybe they are finally realizing that the game is missing content and the classes are massively unbalanced and they are trying to get people to stay... I can't believe all the nerfs they are going through. Ugh, Iím really disappointed with this game.
I mean what are you going to do with a Jedi anyway? Itís not like you can PvP with em, they can only die once, or did they make it 5 times now. bah..

khyron
December 21st, 2003, 09:17 AM
It's not really a matter of trying to flood the game with Jedis. This is in response to 3 issues :

#1 - It's christmas and they wanted to give us a gift :D

#2 - Many non-combat classes had little to no hope of otherwise obtaining a Holocron.

#3 - To help offset the incredible amount of camping currently going on for Holocrons. As it is, the force caves are camped 24/7 on most servers, as is the area surrounding it.

Most people going to the caves sell the holocrons for over 4 million credits EACH. Not so good for the economy... this will help by introducing a large number of Holocrons to even out the prices across servers, by letting people who don't want a FSCS open, sell their holo. Since there's so many, the prices will lower drastically and holo farming won't become instant millions of credits.

khyron
December 21st, 2003, 06:17 PM
Another bit of info, the skills that you need to master are linked to your ACCOUNT, not your character. So if you have two holos on one character and two on another then you can read the holos on one character and master the skils on the other. Theoretically you don't even need to master them all on the same character, since they are linked to the account. The account needs to master X1, X2, X3, X4, and X5, in that order. Then you get one force sensitive character slot to open on any server you want, yes it can be the same one your main is on.
I really don't know why they are trying to flood the game with jedis, maybe they are finally realizing that the game is missing content and the classes are massively unbalanced and they are trying to get people to stay... I can't believe all the nerfs they are going through. Ugh, Iím really disappointed with this game.
I mean what are you going to do with a Jedi anyway? Itís not like you can PvP with em, they can only die once, or did they make it 5 times now. bah..

So, I'm guessing you wouldn't like to trade a holo for a holo :)

Trastero
December 23rd, 2003, 11:35 AM
Well, back for a few days. Just in time for Xmas. Is it keeping in the Christmas spirit to beat up rebels on Christmas day? Nah, probably not. heheh Don't know why I wrote this, as it has no inherent value or interesting content. Gotta remember not to post after being awake for 40 hours......

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 23rd, 2003, 11:44 AM
Looks like we got our Christmas Holos early. I haven't read mine yet, can't decide if I want to. I'm pretty content with the skills that I have now, haven't really been interested in holocron chasing. But, I am still curious as to what skills I need to master to get it. But then I might be tempted to join the holo chasing, and I'm not sure that I wanna.

I have an alt on Bloodfin that is over the 3 weeks old, so if anyone on Bloodfin has a 3 week or older alt on Kauri, we can do a trade for holos. PM me.

Kat
December 23rd, 2003, 11:46 AM
I've peeked in again a few times, but it's not changing enough for me to stay yet. Tras I have something for you if you PM me and tell me when you'll be on.

Sumus_Legio
December 23rd, 2003, 12:23 PM
I got my Holocron today but my wife didn't so she sent in a custumor ticket about it and within a couple of hours she got an ANSWER! WOW! Send in a ticket in EQ and maybe they get to you in a month or two, it was really a shock to get an answer so quick on SWG.

khyron
December 23rd, 2003, 12:29 PM
Yeah, for those who didn't know...

The free christmas Holocron was only awarded to characters who are 3 weeks old or older.

:(

Raven00x
December 23rd, 2003, 02:17 PM
i usually get an answer within an hour or two on EQ...

Trastero
December 23rd, 2003, 09:46 PM
I got Combat Medic. So far from where I am now it's rediculous. ARGH!

Kat
December 23rd, 2003, 10:28 PM
I know a Zabrak Combat Medic, and I hear she's pretty cute.

Trastero
December 24th, 2003, 04:33 AM
She's definitely a hotty. Too bad she's never on. :-P

jayboker
December 24th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Hi guys, new member here :D

I just got star wars like 2 and a half weeks ago, I was lookin forward to the holocron thingy, I wanted to have some type of direction with my character. Ah well, I'm still not sure what profession i wanna go into :(

If you are on the Kauri server, I generally hang around the Douben something something city in the upper right hand corner of the planet.... ummm, I can't remember:( But, the city cornella??? is also where i go to doctors and dancers and such.....

Name is Jadal, Short albino wookie :) give me a tell, cuz it feels very very lonely on there hehe :)

Kat
December 24th, 2003, 07:05 AM
It is my firm belief that the GU Forumites that play on the Kauri server have either figured out how to circumvent the "friends" alert OR they immediately log off when they see me logging on :D

jayboker
December 24th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Heya Kat, well i got my holocron,

now my framerate jumps from 1 to 28 even out in the plains??? According to my holocron, i'm supposed to be a tera karsi or something other....

So now i'm gonna be a ninja wookie?????

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 24th, 2003, 11:47 AM
My holocron said Master Carbineer. I can't decide if I'm going to do it. If I do, I'll finish off pikeman first. Of course, to do that, I have to surrender weaponsmith (not that I am real far into it, but still..)

And Kat... I miss my sis :(

Croggibacca
December 24th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Hey jayboker, nice to see a fellow wookiee online! you should turn to the light and join the Empire. We could use a good Ninja Wookiee!

I checked my holo and found out that I have to make master architect... This should be interesting since I HATE to grind. I'm more of a 'make things dead' kind of character...

Yeah, trastero, I seem to vaguely remember a combat medic, but then, it's been SOO long since I saw her online, I can't really remember if she was cute or not...

Trastero
December 24th, 2003, 01:45 PM
It is my firm belief that the GU Forumites that play on the Kauri server have either figured out how to circumvent the "friends" alert OR they immediately log off when they see me logging on :D

Well, if you'd log in before 10 or 11 you'd probably see more of us. :-P

Realmreaver
December 24th, 2003, 06:07 PM
sold both of my holocrons I hope you guys treat the jedi concept with more respect than most jokers... got almost 1.5 Million creds off them both so to say the least I am a VERY happy camper.

Trastero
December 24th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Very funny to see how the price of holos dropped so drastically in 24 hours. LOL

khyron
December 24th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Known bug : Using a holo frequently results in being awarded with a 2nd holo :D

I logged in this afternoon and found a loverly holocron sitting in my inventory... whereas the other one I had received, I had used :p

Croggibacca
December 26th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Don't mention that too loudly, khyron, they'll list that as an exploit and nerf you!

Trastero
December 26th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Hey, Croggi, get in the game so you can trade out that chicken for a Harley.

jayboker
December 26th, 2003, 08:35 PM

I must say i do prefer my landspeeder to my chicken, a wookie looks cool on a ch icken, but even cooler on a speeder..... i'm drunk so typing this post is taking a bit much of concentration...

here's to wookie nation :D

Realmreaver
December 27th, 2003, 09:40 AM
The second Holo was actually intended.... they had to say what they said to get rid of some of the extra chars being made.

jayboker
December 27th, 2003, 03:07 PM
I got a question, how do you get a bounty on yer head? And if there is one on yer head can the bounty hunters attack you anywhere in the game???? the reason i ask is i was being trained in unarmed combat 3 yesterday and this guy waved to the dude that was training me and then proceeded to beat the living snot out of the guy till he died.................. I been lookin for you guys on there but never see ya, im on the kauri server, name is jadal :) send me a note if ya want:)

Nymph
December 27th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Croggie!!!!!!!!! Hey how is everyone? Missed talkin' to all of you. Hope the Holidays are going great for all ya'll. And I wish ya'll an awesome New Year....

Kat
December 27th, 2003, 06:03 PM

Aysha looks hot on her hog. Thanks to Trastero.

VROOOM!!!

Nymph
December 27th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Kat !!!!!

Croggibacca
December 27th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Nymph!!!

what'd I do??

Nymph
December 27th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Croggie...I don't know what did you do?

Croggibacca
December 28th, 2003, 07:58 AM
*shrugs*

I dunno!

Anywho, I'm off work early today, just surfing and relaxing.

Trastero
December 28th, 2003, 09:12 AM
I got a question, how do you get a bounty on yer head? And if there is one on yer head can the bounty hunters attack you anywhere in the game???? the reason i ask is i was being trained in unarmed combat 3 yesterday and this guy waved to the dude that was training me and then proceeded to beat the living snot out of the guy till he died.................. I been lookin for you guys on there but never see ya, im on the kauri server, name is jadal :) send me a note if ya want:)

The only player characters that can have bounties on their heads, at this time, are jedi. If the force-sensitive PC overtly displays his/her force powers enough, they can be huntable by bounty hunters via missions given on BH terminals. Sounds like the guy who was training you either entered into a dual with the other guy, or they were opposite overt faction members. If the guy who trained you had a little rebel or Imperial symbol next to his name, that's probably what happened. No way the guy could have been a Jedi, as the standard skill trees are not available to Jedi PC's. Hope that helps.

(break)

CROGGI!

Nymph
December 28th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Trasero!!!!!

Croggie!!!!!!!

Hey!!!

Croggibacca
December 28th, 2003, 11:59 AM
TRASTERO!!!

NYMPH!!!

KAT!!!

I love it when people shout my name, but this is starting to get akward...

I'm ingame now, is anyone else?

Nymph
December 28th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Croggie if you see Kat in game tell her to read her pm ASAP. really important. Thanks I'm off.

Trastero
December 28th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Croggi, sorry I took so long getting back and you had to log. Went to the Nightsister caves and found out what it was like to get force choked for 3k damage. Not fun. LOL

jayboker
December 29th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Wow you guys have a huge city, and now i finally have some wookie garb woot :)

Nymph
December 30th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Mmmmm wookie .

Trastero
December 30th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Jayboker, send a tell to No-Choba or Soka so I can see what an albino Wookie looks like. LOL

Nymph
December 30th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Albino? kewl

Croggibacca
December 30th, 2003, 03:14 PM
that's just wrong, mister! An albino wookiee. . . ?

Oh, and, just to let you all know, it's spelled Wookiee. . . there is actually two e's -- not griping, but, just to set it straight.

Is anyone going to be on tonight? If so, what time and such, I have tomorrow off and would like to whomp some Rebel arse.

Also, Nymph, don't you have SWG?

Trastero
December 30th, 2003, 03:19 PM
I'll be on tonight after 9, most likely. See you then.

Kat!

Croggibacca
December 30th, 2003, 03:32 PM
cool deal!

I don't think she likes us anymore, dude. She hasn't really posted here in so long . . .

*wiggles finger at Kat and arches an eyebrow concentrating intensely*
*guilt guilt guilt*

You cannot resist the power of the Dark Side! Give in to your anger and return to your true home. Come, and together we shall rule the galaxy as Wookiee and Xabrak and Twi'Lek!

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 30th, 2003, 04:47 PM
That's Zabrak!

Nymph
December 30th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Okay unfortunantly NO I do not have SWG, I wish I did so I could hang with all you kewl people. Also as Kat's best friend I would like to say, She is out of town until Thursday Late night when I go and pick her up at the Airport. So don't be angry with her. I'm sure by Friday she will be back on, and by next week things will be back to normal. I wish I could hang with you guys, maybe one night when I'm at Kat's house I'll spat with ya'll

Realmreaver
December 30th, 2003, 05:13 PM
I just wish to say I have finally met my very first Jedi. It is an absolute honor to have met him and am proud to be part of his escourt when he hunts at times.... they are pretty cool and he pretty much acts like a jedi wiothout al the stuffiness so he an't actin all UBER and whatnot..cool guy indeed.

Catila Amano
December 30th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I found out over Christmas that my sister plays SWG (although on a different server from you guys), so I may have to give in and start playing sometime after the new year. heh I had no idea she was even interested in MMORPGs. When I showed her EQ, she didn't seem interested.

Nymph
December 30th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Croggie whats the deal with the albino wookiEE? two everyone see's it. i spelt it right.

Croggibacca
December 30th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Nymph, my work here is done. I have enducated a single person on the correct spelling of Wookiee. Oh, and thanks for the update on Kat, good to know she doesn't mean to ignore us. :wink:

On the whole albino Wookiee thing, I dunno, it's just kinda odd, that's all.

Oh, and Rhiamon, I'm sorry, I misspelled Zabrak. I sit corrected.

Nymph
December 30th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Croggie I'm glad you are glad, I know she has to be jonesing so bad to get back online with you guys. But careful you know she loves her EQ too. And if you do see the Albino wookiee, please send me a pic of it. I would love to see what one looks like. : wink :

Kat
December 30th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Boo!

Karimi
December 30th, 2003, 10:25 PM
I wish there was a free trial version of SWG.

Kat
December 30th, 2003, 10:27 PM

Well they are half-way there, the current version is a pay trial - har har har.

jayboker
December 31st, 2003, 03:37 AM
Okay, i think i got my pic right on the avatar, the 100 pixel 12 kb thingy makes it rough on ya...

I know he has blue eyes, but stg won't let me make it pink, and yes i know his nose is black, but again stg wont' let me make it pink:( He does bear a strong resemblence to my Shitzu???

Trastero
December 31st, 2003, 04:24 AM
OW, my EYES! LOL

Nymph
December 31st, 2003, 04:55 AM
I missed Kat...boo hoo

Quleion
December 31st, 2003, 06:29 AM

Today we sent out Free Buddy Keys (7-day trial subscription) to all players who have opted into receiving our newsletters. If you did not receive one and would like one or if you would like another one for your friends, we have a Buddy Key Webpage you can now visit to request a key.

The Star Wars Galaxies Buddy Key allows any Station member possessing the Star Wars Galaxies game CDs to participate in a 7-day trial. These Buddy Keys can only be used to create a new Star Wars Galaxies account. Full instructions are included in the email sent after requesting the key from the website.

Happy Holidays!

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara
SWG Community Relations Manager

All you need to do is get with someone you know that plays SWG and there ya go. :)

Nymph
December 31st, 2003, 06:33 AM
Ohhhh Kat I want a buddy key.. get one so I can play too..

Croggibacca
December 31st, 2003, 08:00 AM
Holy crap!!

A Relations Manager just replied to our little forum!

Geez, Woody IS the man!

Yeah, Kat, get your rumpus online so you and Nymph can hunt with Trastero and I.

BTW Trastero, it was cool to hang out with you last night, dude. Hope you were able to get up for work this morning hehe.

Nymph
December 31st, 2003, 08:22 AM
Yea Kat what Croggie said =P

Nilana
December 31st, 2003, 11:50 AM
I find it convenient that Q-3PO chose THIS time to reply.
no offence but the actions taken by SW:G seem more and more desperate to me. First the announcement of holos for Christmas, then a second holo for each player. Now this 7-day free trial that I was told I was going to receive with my beta subscription and then told that the second key was not being given out.
There seems to be a lot of things that were promised in beta that never came about till now.
Q-3PO, I really appreciate you replying to these forums, and I respect your position in the SW:G team, I just wish that you had replied sooner and with more information. Lack of communication with the SW:G crew is one reason why I quit (the whole player city cap thing).
is there anything else that is coming in the near future? are there any plans you can discuse? since i'v canceled my account it seems that i can no longer access the SW:G forums to find out for my self (a pity, to me this is another lack of communication).
Anyway, just my 2 credits.

jayboker
December 31st, 2003, 11:53 AM
a 2nd holo???? I didn't get a 2nd holo, I want my 2nd holo dang it

Nymph
December 31st, 2003, 11:56 AM
rut roo, Broken promises...not good. Aggro people. I just want the buddy key 7- day trial..KAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realmreaver
December 31st, 2003, 12:02 PM
I'm Impressed that they actually look at other forums ..prob cause Woody has a such a desirable rep =)

Realmreaver
December 31st, 2003, 12:04 PM
I still play and there is a RUMOR...mind you.... that TH spoke of by Feb of wookiee padded armor and FINALLY Attack droids to be made avalible.

Trastero
December 31st, 2003, 12:16 PM
Personally, I'm glad to see Q take an interest. I can understand why he wouldn't be a frequent poster, here, though. It would be just another place for him to get barraged by "Why'd you nerf me" and "When is X going to happen." Then again, considering that non-account-holders can't see what's going on and what's coming up with the game, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if he stopped by now and again to "press the flesh" with the current players and the prospective future players. All of the big news makes it out to the general public, but I doubt that "SWG has vehicles, now" is really going to boost the player base, much.

I realize that the readership of /gu represents a fraction of a fraction of the SWG player populace, as a whole, but I do believe that every little bit counts. I'll say that I was pleasantly surprised to see Q's post, here. Taking Nilana's comments into perspective; yes, I find the timing convenient. It's fishy that he just registered that particular account today, hmmmm? But, Q kept On Thread and provided a helpful, if not brief, (7 days?! Come on!) solution to Nymph's problem.

I think that we all must keep in mind that SWG is, at the end of the day, a buisiness venture by LA and SOE. Granted, the customer support and relations, at times, are lacking, but you can't fault Q for his post, really. Or it's timing. It's part of his job, I'm sure, to bring in more biz for his emlpoyers.

Do I think his post was motivated by monetary gain for SOE and LA? I doubt it. I think it would be considered unsolicited advertising on Woody's boards if it was posted in that vein. I believe that Q has enough of a grasp on the legalities of such not to cross that line. I genuinely think that Q, and Thunderheart give a crap about the SWG community.

That said: Q, get SOE to grant Woody a gratis account so he will start doing SWG comics, again. :-)[/u]

Nymph
December 31st, 2003, 12:20 PM
Trastero has a point. I think Q was just trying to do something nice for the SWG community. And I also agree that Woody needs a new account, more SWG comics!!!!

Trastero
December 31st, 2003, 12:24 PM
a 2nd holo???? I didn't get a 2nd holo, I want my 2nd holo dang it

Jay, if you opened your first holo on the day you got it (23rd I think) or otherwise got it out of your personal inventory (bank, house, etc) another holo (and that silly artwork) appeared in your inventory on the 24th.

My applogies for the run on sentence. :-/

Karimi
December 31st, 2003, 01:32 PM
Thank you Mr.Community relations . Wow that was so cool , its nice to see people that actually do their job.

Thanks for the heads up i will think about it. Problem is i don't know if i want to buy the cds just to try it out.

Trastero
December 31st, 2003, 03:39 PM
TANSTAAFL, man. TANSTAAFL

jayboker
December 31st, 2003, 09:27 PM
Hey Croggie I found a stash of Bowcasters at a player vendor, i got mine for 5 k, but didn't have enough money to get you one at the time, let me know if you want me to get it for you tomorrow, a few kill tasks and i'll have the 5 k to get it for ya

Nymph
January 1st, 2004, 01:20 AM
happy new year !!!!!!! wow to much to drink. heh heh

Trastero
January 1st, 2004, 06:32 AM
Jayboker, he's had a bowcaster for a long time, now. But, I'm sure he appreciates it. To be honest, the bowcasters aren't the greatest weapons. I think every wookiee should have one though. What professions are you?

NYMPH!

jayboker
January 1st, 2004, 01:35 PM
well he asked me in game the other day to get him one if i run across one ??????

right now the bowcaster is better than my rifle at rifle 3, plus it's spliced.

I am going the TK route as per my holocron suggested, but after i master tk i'm gonna drop it and go commando :) nothing cooler than a wookie with a flame thrower:)

Nymph
January 1st, 2004, 02:01 PM
Just don't singe yourself, Nothing smells worse then burned wookiee hair. : wink :

Kelori
January 1st, 2004, 04:03 PM
You ever see a wookie master dancer? Its very much so a toss up on whethere you should cheer or shudder in disgust. hehe But it goes to show.. da wookiees got some rhythem! *nods agreeingly*

jayboker
January 1st, 2004, 05:09 PM
I think it would be fun to be an ewok:) hehe

Croggibacca
January 1st, 2004, 05:48 PM
I wanna be a wookiee jedi. I just think it would be awesome to force choke some reb.

And in jayboker's defense, I did inquire of a new Bowcaster. Though, my request was for a *better* rifle than mine.

I have seen the wookiee dancers, and strongly feel they should be nerfed, completely, out of the game. 'Cause that just WRONG man!

Good luck on the TK skill tree, I have yet to start on architect. I just dont have the strength or stomach to grind that much.

*edit*
Oh yeah, isn't Kat supposed to be home today? Nymph, weren't you supposed to go to the airport to pick her up?

Hope she's online soon.

jayboker
January 2nd, 2004, 01:38 AM
Yeah i'm trying for the Jedi wookie to:) looks awesome and i'd wish they would put one in the next movie. Be interesting having 2 jedi wookies ripping up the rebs:) hehe

jayboker
January 2nd, 2004, 04:35 AM
K the bowcaster i got is
speed 5.0
min damage 136
max " " 239
wound 22.8 percent
health 48
action 48
mind 62

he had others with faster speed, less damage, and such.

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 05:17 AM
It's nice to be missed, and good to be back.

If Nymph remembers to bring her computer over and all goes well she should be able to play either late tonight or tommorow. So I won't be EQing for probably seven days or so after that because that would be lame for me not to play when Nymph has her free trial.

jayboker
January 2nd, 2004, 06:42 AM
yes it would ;)

Trastero
January 2nd, 2004, 06:43 AM
(Bites his tongue holding back dozens of quips about Kat's lameness....heheh)

Guys, my comment on the bowcaster wasn't an attack on Jaybocker, and I hope it wasn't construed in that matter. I thought he was trying to hook up a fellow Wook and since Croggi hadn't commented, yet...anyway, shutting up now. :-/ Hrrmmm..

Yep, Wookiee dancer = scary.... short, fat, Trandoshan dancer in hot pants = wrong is so many ways.

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 06:54 AM
I love you Kat !!!!!!!! heh heh I will have the computer disconnected really soon. I get to play SWG!!!! Oh and Croggie as you can see I did go and bring Kat home. Cause I'm awesome like that.....Giggles>

Trastero
January 2nd, 2004, 06:56 AM
drums fingers on keys thinking...what's Nymph gonna play? A wookie? Nah. A Bothan? Nah. Lemme guess...Zabrak dancer.

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 07:02 AM
Maybe a Twi' Lik, with a nice body. And Nymph does like to dance. Cause she's sexy....hhahahahahaa well I tried to say it with a straight face.

Realmreaver
January 2nd, 2004, 07:14 AM
I wanna be a wookiee jedi. I just think it would be awesome to force choke some reb.

And in jayboker's defense, I did inquire of a new Bowcaster. Though, my request was for a *better* rifle than mine.

I have seen the wookiee dancers, and strongly feel they should be nerfed, completely, out of the game. 'Cause that just WRONG man!

Good luck on the TK skill tree, I have yet to start on architect. I just dont have the strength or stomach to grind that much.

*edit*
Oh yeah, isn't Kat supposed to be home today? Nymph, weren't you supposed to go to the airport to pick her up?

Hope she's online soon.

If you are choking someone your no Jedi your a sith wannabe and yes wookiee commandos are fun... provided the enemy is distracted.. till we get those padded armor I heard rumored by TH I dunno. I LIKE being a commando I know this much.

Trastero
January 2nd, 2004, 07:16 AM
Two words....flame thrower! I love my Bar B Q gun.

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 07:56 AM
Luke Force Choked those Gammorean guards at Jabba's Palace in RotJ. We didn't get to see if they actually died but he did choke them.

From what I've read, there are no real "Dark" or "Light" Force powers. Just "Dark" or "Light" uses.

Which makes me think of what George Carlin said about Words. No "bad words" - bad thoughts, bad intentions, and then there are words.

Trastero
January 2nd, 2004, 08:23 AM
If you look at the skill trees for Force sensative characters, there is a split at Jedi Master that lets you choose between Dark Jedi and Jedi Knight. I'm quite sure they have unique Force powers. At least I hope so.

Edit: did a bit of researche on this. Info can be found at http://swg.universalrealms.com/info/skills/jedi/jedi.asp

The only difference I noticed between Knight and Dark jedi is that Jedi Knights get Jedi Mind Trick and it seems that Dark Jedi don't. I didn't read too far into trees, so I may be wrong.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 2nd, 2004, 10:22 AM
Welcome back Kat!

*pout* I'm not gonna be able to dance with you and Nymph, finally had to surrender my entertainer skills entirely.

Croggi, if you want to grind out architect fast, I have a crafting macro I can send you. All you have to is click your resources. I've used it for the weaponsmithing that I've done, and it goes really fast. Also using it on my alt that I am grinding up to BE. He is already 2/3/2/0 and I just started. Anyways, let me know if you want me to send it to you. Your only problem once you get the macro will be having enough resources to keep up with it.

Do you guys read the official boards? Apparently, there has been a thread going over there to nominate a Player of the Year for each of the different professions. I got nominated for Tailor. I'll find out Monday if I won. Also, Truwen got nominated for CH, and Phidias got nominated for Ranger. Thought that was kinda cool.

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 10:38 AM
Wow! Thats pretty cool Rhia!

My holocron told me to be a master dancer. So, I'm going to have to drop a lot of my skills since Im a Jill-of-All-Trades. But I have no idea where or how I will get more than that one lonely Holocron. :cry:

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 10:48 AM
Hey I'm just excited to be able to dance..
Hey Rhia will you come and watch me make a fool of myself at least?

Trastero
January 2nd, 2004, 01:17 PM
Rhia: I voted for you. :-)
Kat: I have 7 holos, now and working on 8 and 9. We can probably work out some kind of trade. ;-)

Croggibacca
January 2nd, 2004, 02:04 PM
Trastero, dude, remeber me when you start trade negotiations for those holocrons.

Oh, Kat, are you on now? Is anyone on now?

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 02:09 PM
I'm here, and will hopefully be in the game later. If Kat will write and tell me the darn plans...KAT!!!!!

Kelori
January 2nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
I am a Twil'lek master dancer/medic/doctor on Naritus. My silly holo thing said Combat medic.. grrrr...

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 09:08 PM
I am a Twil'lek master dancer/medic/doctor on Naritus. My silly holo thing said Combat medic.. grrrr...

You got your dancer in my combat medic!
You got your combat medic in my dancer!
It's the 2 great Holocron goose chases that go great together!

Im a Master (almost) Combat Medic, mine said become a Master Dancer.

/whispers, paranoia setting in...
"I think they KNOW! "

jayboker
January 3rd, 2004, 08:43 AM
I"m finding being a TKA very frustrating as a non armor wearing wookie, i can't wait till i'm done with it so i can go into something else

Realmreaver
January 3rd, 2004, 10:20 AM
Yet there is talk of padded armor for wookiees comming and in the Announcment forums Thunderheart HAS confirmed Attack Droids AND an Imperial Crackdown is comming! Ladies and Gentlemen... the game might actually be turning into something that one could actually call Star Wars... =)

Raven00x
January 3rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
imperial crackdown....does that mean imperials will be able to walk in their own cities free from fear of sudden death by rebel pets?

Croggibacca
January 3rd, 2004, 11:07 AM
Now, Answer Panda, let's think about this rationally.

Where would be the fun in being able to walk through a city while overt and NOT be jumped by a group of Rebs and their pets?

Raven00x
January 3rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
uh...the fun of not getting to know the guys at the cloning center better?

Realmreaver
January 4th, 2004, 02:36 AM
imperial crackdown....does that mean imperials will be able to walk in their own cities free from fear of sudden death by rebel pets?

can't the Imps do the EXACT same thing? I really don't se the difference.. outside races... Rebels are no different then Imps and thus the same tactics can be used by Imps... if numbers are to what you refer it be the same but oppisite if people wanted to be Imps more than Rebels. Not the rebels faults no one wants to be an Imp.

Kat
January 4th, 2004, 08:27 AM
I hope that this might be a step in a direction that makes SWG resemble the actual situation in Star Wars. As it is now, (speaking for my server at least) there are so many rebels that the civil war would be over and there wouldn't even be enough Imperials left to make a remnant force.

I think it should be frightening to be a rebel in an Imperial city, and it should be just as scary being an Imperial in a Rebel city. I'm not sure how to accomplish this, but the sides are so out of balance that something needs to be done. It seems everyone wants to be a Rebel. Most without a cause, some without a clue.

I wanted to remain neutral, but I joined the Imperial side because they are the underdog. That's just not accurate. But like I said, I'm not sure how you could do it fairly. I don't envy the developers trying to keep this game entertaining for all.

And as a minirant, I sorely wish unlocking your Force Sensative slot was less complicated than mastering a certain number of professions in a certain order. Especially this late into release. I may just make an alt and try to open a Force Sensative slot on another server, but then I won't know anyone. < pout >

For those of you who don't play SWG, making a Master Profession is similar to asking someone to level a character to about 50 and Master particular a Trade Skill in EQ. Power-Levelers and people with a lot of time might not balk at the idea, but to me, a non-power gamer with little time, it seems like an impossibility.

But again, how do the developers make it challenging and keep the number of Jedi low, and still give a chance in Hades of the regular gamers to reach a Force Sensative slot? I thought permadeath would keep the Jedi ranks thinned.

Does anyone know if your FS slot "closes" when your FS Character dies?

Croggibacca
January 4th, 2004, 08:59 AM
can't the Imps do the EXACT same thing? I really don't se the difference.. outside races... Rebels are no different then Imps and thus the same tactics can be used by Imps... if numbers are to what you refer it be the same but oppisite if people wanted to be Imps more than Rebels. Not the rebels faults no one wants to be an Imp.

It's a matter of principle, Realm. An honest test of skills and such. When you are gang-banged, it's not much of a challenge. You have little choice but to become familiar with the cloning techs.

I simply want the same respect as a gamer which I extend. A bit of Chivalry is not such a bad thing, even if it is in a game. Sorry if the thought of nobility offends. There just seem to be too many pubescent kids clogging up the works.

I would prefer to pk a character in a fair fight than punk someone with a few of my fellow Imps. The PA I am in seems much more advanced than that sort of action. Yes, we raid Rebel bases, but then, that's an entire base, not a single person passing though town.

PS -- Hey, Kat, if you start on an alt server, let me know which so I can join you!

Coffee
January 4th, 2004, 09:02 AM
People want to be rebs because of two reasons:
1. In the movies the rebels were the "good guys"
2. The rebels won.

Realmreaver
January 4th, 2004, 10:14 AM
[quote=Realmreaver]

It's a matter of principle, Realm. An honest test of skills and such. When you are gang-banged, it's not much of a challenge. You have little choice but to become familiar with the cloning techs.

The PvP is so broken due to professions being so broken *due to god mods and other 'bugs' in any profession* there is little reason to go one on one. Take our species the wookiee... no armor man.. our stats DO NOT make up 90% resists of some composite armor not even at 50%. As a wookiee why even bother? As anyone who can, what is my advantage when I am a mere commando and another is combat medic with Ch skills or rifleman that can one shot me while I am out of range with a mind shot? learn rifleman learn combat medic?
When you have NO CHOICE but to pick from a few professions the system is broken. there should be advantages to being one profession and not another now dabblers are being discovered to be MOST of the problem Ch dabbling was but the most noticable.....

BTW, I want it to be fair. I am afriad that is not yet realistic in the game as of yet. Buffed up doctor riflemen are a HUGE threat to one with no armor. I have also seen Imps use the very same tactics as rebels. We have to face that among our ranks there are jerks who ruin it for everyone. I have been offered many times to join the Imps I am actually well liked by alot of them. *provided they aren't brats then I go off on them LOL

I simply want the same respect as a gamer which I extend. A bit of Chivalry is not such a bad thing, even if it is in a game. Sorry if the thought of nobility offends. There just seem to be too many pubescent kids clogging up the works.

Your absolutely right but on ONE point. the kids are on both sides... want to find them in rebels? Head to Anchorhead on my server.. want to find them on the Imp side? Goto Bastine. Blame the Individual, not the faction that simply holds twice to three times the numbers.
First time the Imps show cool options and such those lame folks will come to you in droves and then all the jerks will be on your side. Sounds like to me you guys are merely weeding out the bums.
Trust me before Tekdragon was banned in the game he was a prime example of the childish Imp.

I would prefer to pk a character in a fair fight than punk someone with a few of my fellow Imps. The PA I am in seems much more advanced than that sort of action. Yes, we raid Rebel bases, but then, that's an entire base, not a single person passing though town.

Yes but sorry to burst yer bubble not all Imps feel the same which in turns upsets rebels and they do that to them them, they do it back and weeee politics 101 we have gang war on our hands =P Not one side is to blame all it takes is one arse to ruin it for everyone. Just Rebels tend to have the higher ratio due to our numbers is all. Please try to understand this. Not all rebels are like that I will NOT shoot someone waiting for a shuttle *which seems to be fixed BTW* nor in a cantina or medical center... too bad the minute I step outside some Imps will plug me cause then I am 'open game'. That is Lame but I don't blame the entire Empire for one man's actions.

Realmreaver
January 4th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Oh on the dabbler thing I am aware that people should be allowed to dabble... one of the nifty things about this game is everyone can be bards LOL but really.... is elite actually elite when one can be like a dabbler into 4 to 5 elites to get the mods you want? we need to start limiting how many elites/hybrids are allowed per char... you can dabble in the lower trees that is what they are there for but really elites?
That is the MAIN prob in the game, The fact you can dabble SO much Ch was punished when it wasn't their fault the devs screwed up... Now I can only hope they will do the same to all proffessions. Keep the goodies spread out admid the elites and hybrid trees will insure people will no longer abuse them.

I know it's been this way for a long time.. people will be VERY upset but really it NEEDS to be done so you can have your 1 on 1 properly.

Croggibacca
January 4th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I saw Aysha and Aeris *Nymph* !!

I did I did!

Trastero
January 5th, 2004, 06:03 AM
I saw Aysha and Aeris *Nymph* !!

I did I did!

No way Croggi. You must have been on a muon downer and hallucinated.

Kat
January 5th, 2004, 06:54 AM
I saw Croggi too. I think there was some weird hallucinatory agent in the air. Probably a Rebel plot. I thought for sure I saw him on a carrion spat named Aysha.

See thats how I know it was a hallucination because I would have punched him in the face if I saw that.

Nymph
January 5th, 2004, 09:16 AM
I saw Aysha and Croggi too, and I was Lucide. Rhia was on last night and helpped me out alot and made me a new wardrobe, cause she is awesome. Hey Kat will you be on to help me tonight? Hey Croggie you too!!! Still have yet to see you Trastero. Well only a few more days to play, gotta go bank in some time.

Croggibacca
January 5th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Come to think of it, Kat, you did punch me in the face. . . so, must not have been a hallucination. . .

hehe, sorry, it was Trastero's idea. Yup! The tail-headed devil made me do it!

Oh, yeah, btw, I just got a promotion at work! Go me! Anwywho, just wanted to tell someone, and you all are really important to me, so I said it here first!

Nymph
January 5th, 2004, 12:21 PM
WOO HOO !!!! GO CROGGI, GO CROGGI!!
CONGRATES SWEETS!!

Kat
January 5th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I did punch you didn't I?

Like a Wookiee is going to feel a Zabrak punch. - LOL

Buy I can beat up a Twi'lek, or another Zabrak so watch out Trastero. I knew that sounded like a trick you'd pull. :P

PS - I don't like anyone. He He He - Just kidding!

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 5th, 2004, 12:47 PM
GRATS CROGGI!

Nymph, it was no prob giving you the clothes, I always have fun dressing newbs. I try to deck out my forumites as best as I can ;)

I didn't get to see Aysha last night! No fair!

Nymph
January 5th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Hey Rhia rumor has it she is going to be ingame tonight , but again it is just a rumor. =P

Realmreaver
January 5th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Grats on the Promote =)

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Nymph, it isn't nice to spread rumors :P

Trastero
January 5th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Grats Croggi! With all the other BS going on, I'm glad you got some happy stuff too!

Croggibacca
January 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM
no kidding Trastero.

Thanks you all, I really appreciate it.

Hope to see you all ingame soon!

Nymph
January 6th, 2004, 07:25 AM
So went in the game last night and hung out with Kat, but didn't get to see Rhia, or No-choba, or you Croggi. I was very sad...=(

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 6th, 2004, 10:45 AM
I chatted with Aysha for a bit, but I didnt get to see you Nymph! :(

And apparently, I am not Kauri's best tailor, just a runner-up *pout*

Kat
January 6th, 2004, 10:49 AM
You are so the best Rhia. I demand a recount!

Nymph
January 6th, 2004, 11:36 AM
What do you mean you are just a runner up Rhia?

You are the soopah soopah best.

I'll be on tonight hope to see you Rhia.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 6th, 2004, 12:06 PM
They did a Kauri "Player of the Year" award last night. They nominated people in each elite profession, and I got nominated for tailor. Didn't win though. Oh well, being one of the top 4 on the server ain't bad I suppose.

Nymph
January 6th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Errggg!!!! I think you are number one Rhia! I showed Aysha all the new clothes you made me and even she thought Aeris was Awesome looking, And I have always admired Aysha's wardrobe. You are a true artist hon, and deserve recognition.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 6th, 2004, 12:17 PM
*hugs* you guys are sweet, I'll have to give you more free clothes for saying that :p

Nymph
January 6th, 2004, 01:23 PM
No you don't......< whispers > I'm a size 6...=P

Kelori
January 6th, 2004, 01:42 PM
shh Don't mention clothing! I have too much as is! Dancers seem to just collect clothing. I can't stop buying it. I had to befriend a tailor or else I would go broke spending money on clothing. *giggle*

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Rhia, I think it was rigged!

You are the only tailor I have met who actually stocks wookiee clothes. I've even met a wookiee tailor, and even he didn't carry those clothes!

Anywho, sorry nymph, I had to work this morning, so I couldn't stay up late. I'm off tomorrow, so it's ON tonight!

Hope to see you all ingame.

Nymph
January 6th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Croggie I will be there guy. Can't wait to see you all. =P

Kat
January 6th, 2004, 02:29 PM
No you don't......< whispers > I'm a size 6...=P

coughs uncontrollably. . .
Man, those Twi'lek sizes run big.

Nymph will be there. This is based on the assumption I can get the Linksys Router working, and SWG working through the Router so that we can both play on my cable modem. I've done it before. . . I "should" be able to do it again.

It's that or condem her to dial-up purgatory.

Nymph
January 6th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Kat I will do anything if you can get it to work...ANYTHING !!! Please don't condem me.

Oh and Kat BIT ME, Not everyone can be a 0 like you, but then again I don't think everyone can be a girl yet look like you do.... HEHEHEHE...Wuv you!!!!

J/K You know I am. =)

Raven00x
January 6th, 2004, 02:35 PM
>.o dial-up purgatory is bad...espescially for a game that practically demands broadband heaven.

Kat
January 6th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Not every girl can look like me Nymph. (thank God!)
Don't hate me because I'm beau--- hahaha I can't even type that!

And I was referring to Aeris. Shes like 6 foot tall Twi'lek, huge bust, and muscular dancer.

SWG demands bandwidth like. . . well like something really demanding. For real, it's seriously intensive.

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Yup, yup.

Gotta luv cable modems! Good luck with the router, Kat.

Hope you can get it up tonight!

P.S. Rhia, are you going to be on tonight? My clothes are down to 5%!

Kat
January 6th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Must . . . resist . . . sassy reply . . . to . . . Croggi's post.

Shew! Made my Saving Throw VS. Sassy.

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Uh, well, that sounded much worse than I meant it!

Hmm... Gonna be in hot water over that one. . .

Nymph
January 6th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Aeris is not like 6 foot, I don't think"....

Aysha you are just the size of a Brownie is all.
< and you are beautiful > =P

Velenka
January 6th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Mmm, brownies! :D *lick*

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 6th, 2004, 03:15 PM
I'll be on, but a lil late. I got conned into making something for potluck at work tomorrow.

Kat, I'll PM you my cell phone number, maybe I can help you with that router. If not, I KNOW hubby can.

Croggi, if you don't see me on, just send me an in game email with what you want and I'll drop a bag on my vendor for ya. All the clothes in the SWG world (http://www.breigh.com)

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Hehe, I just sent you an email Rhia.

I have found out that it's possible to create stat-enhancing wookiee clothes.

If you could create some defensive clothing for me, I would be more than happy to reimburse you and then some! I need a bit of help with the whole dying thing! The Dev's have a problem showing any luv to the wookiee's. I can't see why though. What's not to love about a 6' tall walking carpet who weilds a sword like a samauri!

Raven00x
January 6th, 2004, 03:34 PM
doesn't stat enhancing clothes require BE components? if so, are BEs still as horribly broken/nearly useless as they were when i played?

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 04:05 PM
dunno how, just know it's possible.

I barely know anything about skills outside of my realm of experience, and I loathe tradeskilling... I'm trying to avoid becoming an architect for just that reason, even though it's the first step to becoming a wookiee jedi...

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 6th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah, it requires BE components. And until I get my BE skilled up, I am BE-less. Unless you can find one, Croggi. I have not had any luck in that realm.

Don't know if BEs are still broken, Raven, but the clothing components work now. So I guess they are at least less broken.

Your other option, Croggi, is to find some clothing tapes. Might just wanna do some shouts in Theed for them.

SmallFry
January 6th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Ugh SW:G...

The biggest problem with SW:G is hiding the grind. I know, I know, EQ was mostly grind to but come on. How many droid batteries do you have to make before you can actualy build a usefull droid...

The most fun I had in that was as a dancer :D

(currently trying Horizons out)

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 05:16 PM
what do i need from a BE? I'll start looking for it.

Also, I've been lookin for skill tapes for a while, and I have yet to actually find ANY that would be usefull to me.

If anyone knows of anyone who provides any of these, let me know in game or on this forum!

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 6th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Tensile Resistance
+defense vs. stun
+ melee defense

Your best bet is to talk to a master BE. I'm still just grinding, so I haven't really played with it yet. I'm not sure what tissues do what. Constrictor cloths add to bleed defense, Toughened fibers add to melee defense, active biosensors add to injury and wound treatment, above and beyond that I am not sure. I used to have a chart that told me exactly what tissues did what, but now I can't find it :(

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 06:18 PM
hmm... I'll try to do some research on it.

Okay, I'm hanging out online... but no one else is on... where is everyone!

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Woo hoo! I made Warrant Officer I -- next stop Second Lieutenant! *or however your supposed to spell it... *

Aysha and Aeris are on now too! anyone wanna log in and join us?

Croggibacca
January 6th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Wow, it's like old times!

Kat, Raven, Me, Aeris, all we need now is Trastero and Rhia and we'll be golden!

Realmreaver
January 7th, 2004, 04:00 AM
The SWG Discussion forum will be archived so players can find and read their old posts, but as a development tool, the forum isn't working. With so many people and so many topics, much of useful information is swallowed up in the high volume of threads. - Thunderheart

I never knew it was ment for anything but people to discuss things on. We knew we were for the most part ignored it was a place to gather to hear about the problems others across all the servers to come and speak about their problems. Now as in the time when they closed the forums to the public, it's another way to hide the fact there is problem to other players eyes..... the forums are getting ran by the emperor himself anymore.

Nymph
January 7th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Hey Croggi Rhia was on last night she was just busy with other stuff. Hey had a great time playing hope to see all again tonight. Also Croggi Aysha says to create a charecter on Tempest, So we can all start out new. :wink:

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 7th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Yeah I didnt get to log in till late cause of making work-potluck dish. Woo.

Croggi, I sent you an email about your wookie defense clothes, hope that made sense.

Wait -- Raven was on? /boggle

Kat
January 7th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Don't you know even powerful men (even Pandas) can not withstand the power of Boobie Magic?

:twisted: You don't know the power of the dark side! He MUST obey his master!

Croggibacca
January 8th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Done, I now have an alt on Temptest named Bogie Bogart....

Yeah, I know. But Cassablanca is my favorite movie ever. So, here's my tribute, a Bothan named Bogie Bogart... sad, isn't it. . .

Yeah, Rhia, the email made sense, thanks for the info! Turns out the only wookiee clothes that can be made to have defensive qualities is the shoulder pad, figure that one out. I mean, shouldn't the Wookiee crested BATTLE Padding have SOME defensive enhancement? All that you can enhance on it is the med abilities... just one more example of the lack of luv for the wookiees

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 8th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Well I can also enhance your entertainment abilities. Myoflex also goes into synthetic cloth.

Dance Wookiee Dance!

Nymph
January 8th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Well I can also enhance your entertainment abilities. Myoflex also goes into synthetic cloth.

Dance Wookiee Dance! LOL !!!

Oh how the mighty have fallen.. But we all luv the wookiee. :wink:

Realmreaver
January 8th, 2004, 03:39 PM
defemcive clothes? can that be added to the padded armor clothing line for wookies?

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 8th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Padded armor is armor, so no. Armorsmiths don't get to play with BE toys, just tailors and chefs. Don't know how the wookie armor is going to work, but with regular armor, you can wear a shirt underneath your armor. Pants get unequipped though. So if you have a stat enhancing shirt, you could wear it under armor and get the benefits of both. But there aren't just a whole lot of options for "defensive clothing" in the first place. The only shirt I can think of is the Formfitting Undershirt, and it only takes one reinforced fiber panel, so you can only put in one BE tissue.

Realmreaver
January 9th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Rats well when avalible apparently a Master Tailor will be able to add armor qualities to my padded armor so was curious.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 9th, 2004, 11:02 AM
where'd you hear that? you have a link. I avoid the official boards for the most part so I'm not in the loop.

Raven00x
January 9th, 2004, 11:08 AM
hm. checked out my holocron last night. guess what i'm supposed to be to become a Jedi.
that's right.
Master Tailor.
can't be as bad as grinding out 20,000 rifle barrels...can it? (even if i'm really only up to 8,000)

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 9th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Cloaks and cartridge belts are both like 300 xp. If you have a *really* good hide supply, go with Casual Wear line first, you get cloaks at Casual 3. If not, do the field wear line first, you get cartridge belts at Field Wear 4 and everything for it can be mined.

Do you have the crafting macro?

Raven00x
January 9th, 2004, 11:23 AM
i did, though i don't really know if i want to be a jedi, or just go tailor for the challenge, y'know? other thing is that i don't know if returning to swg will be permanent-like.
*mutters about evil crit failures on 6k resource combines...*

Kat
January 9th, 2004, 11:49 AM
It seems no matter how many times I throw $15.00 at SWG - it doesn't seem to get much better. Although, now I can get to the suckyness faster on my swoop bike!

I have fun when I'm in SWG - but it get's boring.
I hope some other content comes soon.

Nymph
January 9th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Yes Kat is just doing it so I could play with her. well thw things we do for our friends, right Kat. Thank you all for hanging with me. I had an awesome time. It will all be over tomorrow though, I may cry. :cry:

Realmreaver
January 9th, 2004, 01:18 PM
why over for you? quiting? I won't till WoW comes out then unless they fixed EVERYTHING I am soooo gone.

Oh yeah where did I hear that? make crested padded abttle armor for wookiees it's stated right there also RUMORED the wookiees are to have these fully fuctional by end of Feb dunno about that tho....

jayboker
January 10th, 2004, 09:37 PM
I've come to the realization that my slowness in leveling my wookie to tka, has to do with not having any armor............ no wonder chewbacca *however you spell it* used a pistol and a rifle and fixed stuff..... I think i'm gonna give up the jedi profession and go with what i really want to do.... be a commando:) I think i'll try my jedi quest on another server with a zabrak or something maybe my wifes twilek..... then again my slowness at leveling could be cuz I haven't been on in ages and am starting to loose interest in the game *argh*

Realmreaver
January 11th, 2004, 06:38 AM
I've come to the realization that my slowness in leveling my wookie to tka, has to do with not having any armor............ no wonder chewbacca *however you spell it* used a pistol and a rifle and fixed stuff..... I think i'm gonna give up the jedi profession and go with what i really want to do.... be a commando:) I think i'll try my jedi quest on another server with a zabrak or something maybe my wifes twilek..... then again my slowness at leveling could be cuz I haven't been on in ages and am starting to loose interest in the game *argh*

I am currently a Master Commando and as long as you know we suck at PvP, excel with everything else, go up the flame tree first cause till you hit the first one commandos totally suck and that gernades provides ALOT of combat exp *hint: use gernades to finish off lairs* then you'll be fine.

Oh and yes I love being a Commando I just started up the TKA line for some personnel defence.

Nymph
January 11th, 2004, 04:26 PM
:cry: misses Rhia and Croggie...Hey Rhia when you coming to play EQ so we can hang out? I'm on Luclin....i'm Laeris, or Rogomi

Raven00x
January 11th, 2004, 04:29 PM
if anyone needs grenades on kauri, get me on before the end of hte month. pure, uncut combat xp from every crate of grenades :)

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 12th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I think I will be getting back on EQ, I gotta do bills this week first and see how much money I don't have. I'm a bit broker than I thought I was going to be this week, otherwise I would have already signed up.

Catila Amano
January 12th, 2004, 10:41 AM
I think i'll try my jedi quest on another server with a zabrak or something maybe my wifes twilek.....And THIS is EXACTLY the problem with the one-character-per-server policy. If you want to try something difference with another race, you have to leave your friends and guild and everything else you know and try to go solo on another server. That really sucks big fat ostritch eggs. :(

The Devs said that they would re-examine the SCS policy before release, but did they? NOPE! *sighs* Now I remember one of the major reasons why I had no interest in playing the game after release.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 12th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Honestly, I'm losing interest in SWG fast. I didn't log in at all this weekend, which is very unusual for me. I just get really bored...

Raven00x
January 12th, 2004, 10:56 AM
pst....luclin is a happening place :P

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 12th, 2004, 10:59 AM
so I've heard ;)

Croggibacca
January 12th, 2004, 02:05 PM
No, you must all resist!

*looks fiersome and wiggles fingers of doom*

Remeber the POWER of the Dark Si-e-de!

Is it going to be Trastero and me again? Geeze, the lone rangers hanging onto a dream of the coming content... Oh well, I'm enough of a Star Wars nut to play just 'cause I'm a wookiee.

Not to mention I'm working for Vader and the Emperor. Which is just cool.

Nymph
January 12th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Psst...Croggi come to the dark side.....Casts Boobie magic.....resistance is just plain stupid!!!!

Realmreaver
January 12th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Yet I DID visit there and got bored quickly *took three days* and came back to SWG... why? cause I can solo. I been everywhere in EQ no not the higher planes but still it's same ol same ol.. If I have to grind I like it to be worth my time....

I was addicted to EQ I still get the urge even though I KNOW I will be disappointed but naw... boring.. too boring... I feel I accomplishstuff on SWG still..... then again I never zoomed thru EQ which was prob why I lasted for a little over a year... wonder if SWG will have me stay on after WoW comes out....hmm... doubt it with the incompetence the devs have shown... =(

Croggibacca
January 12th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I AM on the dark-side!

Heck I'm an Imperial Wookiee Fencer-- how twisted can you get?

Anywho, I'm going to try out EQ again, just for the heck of it, but I can't give up SWG. It's just too fun for me.

jayboker
January 13th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Well this sucks, due to the car company wanting money *been tuff year* I can't even scrounge up the 15.00 bucks for the swg game this month:( , maybe next month, i've decided to continue on with the tka thingy, but will get novice creature handler to be some kind of shield for me. I think I might like it a bit more trying CH with TKA.....

See you next month:)

jayboker
January 14th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I"m back in the game:) had to give up drinking some diet coke for 2 weeks:) but i can afford the game again :) woot

Nymph
January 15th, 2004, 07:22 AM
HEH HEH careful with the waist line. Croggi come back.

Croggibacca
January 15th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I never left, life just jumped on my back.

I'll be back on soon, possibly tonight, but I'm not making any promises.

I miss you all too!