PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of others

MCW
December 14th, 2003, 11:52 PM
If I ever have pennies after I'm done shopping, I usally just toss em into that coin thing "place your coin in, and it spins around until it hits the hole in the center." Today, I saw this little girl by the coin thing, about 4 or 5, kinda lonely (no parents around). So I gave her my change and told her that she could spin them around. She replied with a "Thank you, Sir" and it almost made me cry, I don't think I've ever seen such a kind child. I asked her what she wanted for christmas, and ended up buying her a 50$ gift.

It must of been truly too long of a time since I've met nice people.
(please don't think im refering to the other forum members as not being nice)

Happy Holidays all

Ciarin
December 15th, 2003, 12:01 AM
cool.

Kaylen
December 15th, 2003, 07:16 AM
I never leave the house-cave, as the day star is quite painful; so I just bought some stuff for Penny Arcade's charity.

But that sounds really nice. The last time I ever did something for a kid was for someone who was (sort of) a member of my family.

Satarus
December 15th, 2003, 01:44 PM
I think all i am going to do for this christmas is take my family to RotK

rayfinkle
December 15th, 2003, 03:19 PM
is it just me or is it just a inbred compulsion to just drop whatever change you have in your pockets into the bucket that the bell ringers stand by during the holidays. i caught myself the other day reaching into my empty pocket on the way out of the mall when i remebered i had put all my change in the bucket on the way into the mall. and it just made me go hmm?

Tenolein
December 15th, 2003, 03:22 PM
LoL

I try to give when I can.. See, the problem is, I hardly can, especially around the damn holidays. I'm always broke this time of year, hell, I can't even afford groceries until Friday when I get paid. All I have to eat until then is half gallon of milk and 2 packages of ramen noodles. =/

Man I hate this time of year.. =(

Evil_Gondi
December 15th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Little kids are the bane of all evil!!!!
Thats why I hate em so much.
They can manipulate you like teary dolls!!!
*Sees little girl crying*
No!! Must resist!!!
Ahhhh!
Here! Take the money, just leave me be!!!

Poker_Joe

DDDancer
December 15th, 2003, 08:58 PM
This year I bought Christmas cards made by children in a cancer center. They were a little more expensive but all the proceeds go to the children's hospital cancer center.
I like to find a way of giving in something I usually do anyway.
Also, all the bell ringers are volunteers. They give their time to stand in the rain and in the cold for charity so I feel the least I can do is give the few pennies I have left in my pocket. What do you do with left over pennies anyway? I never use them. They get thrown in my console in my car until the people at the carwash steal them.
Just thought I'd put my own two cents in.
Happy Holidays everyone!

Meeshter
December 17th, 2003, 10:43 AM
oops... sorry... didn't read the thread... :oops:

don't edit out what i said. your post was off topic and crude. Probably even offensive, considering the context of the rest of the thread.-Nemishan.

Satarus
December 17th, 2003, 10:50 AM
hey meeshter, that was just wrong.

Erling E.
December 17th, 2003, 11:01 AM
That was really nice of you MCW. Such things makes me smile :-)

Meeshter
December 17th, 2003, 11:05 AM
... oops

Erling E.
December 17th, 2003, 11:21 AM
I remember when I was at the airport in Los Angeles (that would be LAX), and I was about to board the flight.

Then I saw this sweet, elderly woman from the salvation army sitting there on a chair. I felt my heart sink. She was sitting there, dressed in white, her legs neatly placed beside eachother, and she was holding a cup and smiling to us as we walked by, even though she knew we wasn't going to stop.

Now, I love these people. So after I had walked past her, I stopped and turned. She smiled at me again. I walked up to her and I gave her all my remaining dollars (I think it was, at least). It wasn't much, but it felt really good. Yes, it feels good to give, but it also felt so good to make her happy.

Meeshter
December 17th, 2003, 11:56 AM
see I really like kids... I gave like $250 to the Stanford childrens hospital last year... I just get mad when kids are being immature... (yeah I know I'm a hypocrite) oh well...

Velenka
December 17th, 2003, 01:25 PM
If anyone missed it... Child's Play (http://www.penny-arcade.com/childsplay/). I know there was a thread here a couple weeks ago on the subject already, but as we get new people trundling through here all the time.. *shrug*

Devis
December 18th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Mm, the boys are doing a good job over there at PA. I should get around to giving a little to their charity, too. What was that amount they reached?

And people say Games teach you to hate. Hrmpf..