PDA

View Full Version : How will the EQ Melee changes Affect you?

Beatroot The Druid
December 1st, 2003, 10:56 AM
Post some concerns, rants, ideas.. I would like to know..
[ 1) Have you played on the test sever? 2) Have the changes being made on the test server impress you?3)Did some of the changes directly affect the class you play? (example= Warrior, monk)4) Will you Continue to play these characters if the changes make it worse?5) Do you like Coffee? Expresso?

Gimme some info ..

Edited at request :twisted:

Catila Amano
December 1st, 2003, 11:33 AM
Hah! I can answer this! :D It's my primary server, so yes. ;)
I haven't seen any changes other than taunt failure messages.
They would affect Catila (Rogue, see below), if they were implimented yet.
I very seriously doubt the changes will (or even can) make things worse (not that things are bad for classes other than Warriors). For Rogues, unless it screws over Backstab (which I doubt, because The Safehouse would cry bloody murder (no pun intended)), I think it will make things more interesting. Being a Rogue is already interesting, and probably one of the more active melee classes (other than Bard), since positioning is SO important to Rogues, thus requiring constant adjustments in position to be in the right place.We'll have to see what happens when the changes ARE implimented. The Test Server was screwed up all Thanksgiving weekend, so I didn't (and couldn't) play much.

John Dyne
December 1st, 2003, 11:47 AM
1. Occasionally, yes.
2. I haven't seen a thing yet.
3. They would affect two of my characters, both above level 20 (When you're supposed to be able to take advantage of openings).
4. I don't see how it can make it worse, unless one of the skills Nerem (Rogue) uses makes the mob face a different direction. And there's no way it could make ol' Grazzle any worse.

lymlym
December 1st, 2003, 11:49 AM
1) Have you played on the test sever?
yeah
2) Have the changes being made on the test server impress you?
no
3)Did some of the changes directly affect the class you play? (example= Warrior, monk)
very little
4) Will you Continue to play these characters if the changes make it worse?
no

Satarus
December 1st, 2003, 01:25 PM
1) Nope
2) See question 1
3) doubtfull, i play a bard, and while i contribute DPS through my melee, i contribue more with my haste, mana regen, and spell focus.
4) Yep, i doubt they will fugg up any worse than the release of SoL.

Garolf Ironaxe
December 1st, 2003, 03:48 PM
1)A little, but not recently

2)Personally, I havnt seen much as of yet. I'm quite jazzed about the whole thing. Yes... jazzed :)

3)Not yet, but I sorely hope so. It would be nice to have something to do other than hit those same 3 buttons. I can keep aggro and everything fine, it just gets boring after a while.

4)Well, if they do make it worse (which I doubt considering the testing that had to be done of such a huge overhaul of the present system), i'll stick in with it until they fix it. Viva la warrior :)

Dravvan
December 1st, 2003, 05:08 PM
I don't play on the test server (though I should), but in all honesty, I'm going to wait until the release of the melee changes before I offer any kind of opinion.

Beatroot The Druid
December 1st, 2003, 11:07 PM
It seems like most ppl i talk to say that they can't fudge up the melle system much more then it is now.. SO that part is probably true..

The quest for into goes on..

danta
December 2nd, 2003, 06:30 AM
i have a caster and warrior on test and though the openings and edurence bar are in place seems the skill books arent yet :-)

EvilIguana966
December 2nd, 2003, 06:50 AM
I'm a paladin, and I'm fully expecting to find myself useless come the live update =P

YuriPup
December 2nd, 2003, 07:18 AM
1) Nope.

2) Since TSW has been down and the patch notes for the test server have not been updated...nope.

3) Main is 65 warrior, high alt a 52 rogue...yeah quite likely these changes will have a large effect on me.

4) There is the possiblity of that happening (how much time will warriors spend OO stam so that they can't use defensive...) but considering that I have been playing Kailyn since before Crafted came out, yes I probably will continue to play Kailyn.

Naelaen
December 2nd, 2003, 08:41 AM
I'm a paladin, and I'm fully expecting to find myself useless come the live update =P

I think there should have been a 5th question for this: Do you like coffee? :D

Satarus
December 2nd, 2003, 10:28 AM
Glad i am a bard, i will never be useless. As long as i have chorus of marr and call of the muse, i will never be useless in raids.

DarkWyndre
December 2nd, 2003, 10:45 AM
Well,

As a monk all I can say is that I hope somehow this new system makes me actually wanted for something.

Kat
December 2nd, 2003, 10:50 AM
Kinda makes me want to start a warrior.

Never thought I'd say that. :D

Coffee
December 2nd, 2003, 10:51 AM
Well,

As a monk all I can say is that I hope somehow this new system makes me actually wanted for something.

Well DarkWyndre, you did know that the first cappuccinos were made by monks right? The Cappuccians. So...there ya go.

Pike Tha Blodd
December 2nd, 2003, 11:23 AM
mMMmmm, goat discovered mountain caffienated drink of turkish banning!!

Beatroot The Druid
December 3rd, 2003, 01:27 AM
And it figures.. i made a bard and monk.. then they wanna go and play with melle.. their both around 20 or so... so the changes might not affect either.. but.. who knows..