PDA

View Full Version : Blech, Irony sucks

Serresrelic
December 17th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Yeah so I posted in one of the other threads a while ago that I had never gotten a flu shot and I had never gotten the flu...

Yeah so I got the flu. It fricken sucks. I had no idea the flu made you feel so crappy.

:x

Coffee
December 17th, 2003, 07:14 PM
I don't get it every year, or even half the years, but when I do it is...memorable.
Enjoy.

BlackMage
December 17th, 2003, 07:43 PM
When I got the flu, I got a tempature of around 103 and I shook all day, even sometimes when I slept. It left me exhausted for atleast 3 days after I was over the sickness.

--But hey, I haven't got the flu since, so hooray! I also got my vaccine before everyone else went into a frenzy and ninja'd all the medicine.

Ciarin
December 17th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Still no flu, yay!

Nerrul
December 17th, 2003, 08:24 PM
:( Sorry to hear about your getting the flu, Serres. A few things that helped me a couple weeks ago when I had it:
Gargle warm saltwater.
Get Sucret's cough drops (will numb your entire throat) :)
Drink tea with honey.
Relax for 3 days, will be gone after that.
Good luck and get better!

rayfinkle
December 17th, 2003, 08:57 PM
hoozah for me no flu and i wear shorts all year round. hmm must be my scottish blood

Remban
December 17th, 2003, 10:23 PM
It's hard to tell when I'm sick during the winter, once the first cold snap hits I have the symptoms of a cold for about the next 3 months or so, nonstop. It sucks, especially when I cough so hard that my body actually has to double over to keep me coughing before I stop. And yes, that does hurt like hell when it happens, especially my bronchial tubes and such in my lungs. At least the coughing boughts like that are few and far between.

Velenka
December 18th, 2003, 12:17 AM
*passes out bowls of chicken soup and cups of vitamin-C fortified lemon ginger tea*

Sick. As. A. DOG. I missed cadavar studies tonight (I've been teetering between dissapointment in relief), and I'm having trouble finding someone to replace my shift at the student massage clinic. If I can't find someone else, I have to cough up (haha, bad pun) $100 to pay a licensed graduate to cover me.

I am: very grumpy.

Devis
December 18th, 2003, 12:40 AM
I've had the flu once (we get hot summers and not-so cold winters) and it was really cruddy. I only remember parts of it, but I do remember thinking my blanket was a heap of dull nails all pointing down onto me.

It wasn't exactly pain because I was too delirious to feel pain, but it sure as hell made me uncomfortable, and there was nothing to do about it.

I also a remember a happy parrot friend named 'Squeege' that was waking me up during the night, which was fun. I had a jolly good conversation with him.

Zan the Avitar
December 18th, 2003, 08:38 AM
I rarely every get sick and when I do, even the flu, it's rarely bad. Yay for my immune system.

Meeshter
December 18th, 2003, 09:03 AM
I get sick sometimes... but I'm usually healthy...