PDA

View Full Version : *falls over laughing*

FuzzyBear
December 18th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Look at this (http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=60001)

Is this Brenlo's doing? I'm surprised that got by the censors, assuming there are any. I suppose there probably wasn't a lot to say, as far as simple facts go, but filler material like that is definately something I can deal with. haha.

Now if we can just make TV news this amusing.

Iiliani Seadream
December 18th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Hehehe, always nice to see a company give their customers a friendly face and have a laugh with them. ;) I can't think of another company that does this actually.

I wonder if this is a new insidious advertising campaign for Gates of Discord though, seeing as the spamming technique did not work.....

Satarus
December 18th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah brenlo seems like a pretty cool guy. Lets hope he doesn't burnout.

Jishia
December 18th, 2003, 11:46 AM
The EQ community will work his limits like a War Horse, he seems awesome so far, but give a few weeks and he might end up being strapped in a Jacket banging his head on a padded Wall.

Raven00x
December 18th, 2003, 11:50 AM
and then...it will be my turn *Steeples his fingers*

plans for world domination still continue on track :twisted:

FuzzyBear
December 18th, 2003, 12:07 PM
It has to be one of the more thankless jobs out there, but it looks like they picked the right fellow. I'm just glad it was due to his predecessor's promotion as opposed to burnout.

Brenlo
December 19th, 2003, 03:29 PM
*drools*

Huh what?

Naelaen
December 20th, 2003, 05:58 PM
hehehehe :D

The only way to cope with this sort of thing is to be down to earth with the players and try and see the funny side to stuff. There will be times when you really do bang your head against the wall because you know things are happening, or you know something that would explain everything to the players but can't because of various reasons, or an appropriately signed NDA. In the end, have the players interests at heart and be as truthful and honest as possible (within reason), and you will gain the community's trust for the oocassions when you tell them for the 10th time that "it's being fixed." There will be asshats (tm Raven00x) but if the above is accomplished, the rest of the community will back you, and that is at least part of the reward for a "thankless job."

You've taken one step in the right direction, /em SoWs Brenlo :)

Landsknecht
December 23rd, 2003, 02:09 AM
Heh, I think Brenlo enjoys playing with folks a lot more than Absor did. Granted, Absor was a cool guy and all, be he didn't seem like he really enjoyed his job. So far Brenlo has not only posted a lot more frequently, but he has even gone so far as to inject quips and barbs into a few of his posts.

I'm enjoying his style a lot. :twisted:

Nymph
December 28th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Looks around confused > Oh I get it.

Rangor
December 28th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Any chance someone can explain the funny to me ? I don't geddit. :(

Naelaen
December 28th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Put it this way Rangor, do you think there's a committee called "Server Names for a Better Norrath"? :)