View Full Version : *snuffles* *sneezes*

Tadashya
December 20th, 2003, 08:42 PM
ugh I got this flu thing... someone send kleenex and advil plez :(

and I was just telling my husband I never get the flu *beats head on desk*

Zeal
December 20th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah...I gave up saying "I never get sick"

Its not that I don't get sick...I just ignore it...

And get my friends sick.

Get well soon

Velenka
December 20th, 2003, 09:37 PM
*sends thoughts of good health and healing eastward*

Tadashya
December 20th, 2003, 10:01 PM
thanks Velenka :)

heh.. yeah.. he got the flu shot and I didnt and he told me to get it and I am like "Last time I had the flu was when I got a flu shot.. there is no way I am getting one." So of course.. I got sick. lol... figures. I went to bed at 6:30 last night and didnt wake up until almost 10am this morning. Its kind of this cant breath, no appetite, feel like I got run over by a truck feeling... :?

So if you still have an opportunity to get a flu shot.. maybe not a bad idear :D

Takara
December 20th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Hope you feel better Tadashya... i haven't gotten the flu myself this season, but i've seen it hit others really hard.

*makes some muffins and tea*

Evil_Gondi
December 21st, 2003, 11:28 AM
I believe someone said something about eating garlic would help. Or was that for colds?
And if you haven't eaten in about 6 hours, you'd best eat fruit or bread or something. Malnutrition and the flu suck lots.

Get better and drink lots of OJ.

Evil

Tiladien
December 21st, 2003, 11:48 AM
I mentioned eatting two cloves of raw garlic every morning. It was mostly a joke. Some people swear by it but my theory on it is it makes you smell so bad that people won't get close enough to you to give you a virus.

Don't get me wrong, I love garlic and probably use way to much when I'm cooking. Eatting it cooked in a dish at night and raw in the morning do different things to your popularity though.

Evil_Gondi
December 21st, 2003, 07:44 PM
Well til, it seems to work.

Evil

Zyndor Fyrmane
December 22nd, 2003, 11:24 AM
Read in my newest issue of "Discover" magazine that there is something in tea that give your immune system a boost against any infection.

An amino acid called L-theanine is abundant in tea, and it helps your body's gamma delta T cells (bodies first line of defense against infection) produce up to 5 times more "interferon" when exposed to disease. Interferon is one of the disease killing chemicals your body uses to fight infection.

So follow Takara's lead and go make some tea.

Kat
December 22nd, 2003, 11:42 AM
My grandfather drank a cup of vinegar every day and he was never sick.

Unless you count how sick drinking a cup of vinegar is.

Cougarshand
December 22nd, 2003, 11:51 AM
DOH! This one sucks, Tad . . . . It knocked me out of work for a couple of days . . . nasty lil' bugger of a flu this season. Hang in there.

*sends a giant-fluffy-super-warm-down-comforter and some deep restful hours out Tad's way*

Coffee
December 22nd, 2003, 12:14 PM
Get wull soon.

Wooleen Shadowraith
December 22nd, 2003, 02:19 PM
I Just got over that :(
I hope you feel better soon, get Lotsa rest and drink plenty of fluid :)

Saethori
December 22nd, 2003, 02:28 PM
I could swear... this whole flu thing seems to really be going around all over. My family here seems to have started feeling it... but I'm strangely immune.

I wonder if it's because I'm usually secluded off playing games.

Coffee
December 22nd, 2003, 02:30 PM
Knock on wood Saethori, knock on wood.

Tadashya
December 22nd, 2003, 06:53 PM
tanks guys. I ate lunch today... first time I've had an appetite in like.. three days. Feelin a little better. DONT say you dont get the flu... geez *covers saethori's mouth* shhhh! they might hear you :shock:

my father also got the flu.. it really devastated him and I was actually starting to get a bit worried for a bit. This stuff is terribly nasty this year.. dont treat it lightly. :(

Allpowerfulsam
December 23rd, 2003, 10:34 AM
hey getting the flu makes me feel like crap, but i forget i even have it when i have a jug of gatorade right next to my computer chair(which is were i sit all day when i get sick hehe) so hey, keep your head up youll be well soon :)