PDA

View Full Version : FFXI sun glare

MCW
December 20th, 2003, 11:42 PM
I always thought the more realistic it got the better, but I just can't seem to find a way around that intensly bright sun glare in FFXI.

too bad I couldn't exchange my headgear for some sunglasses 8) , was thinking about making a comic about it for my linkshell buddies.. anyways if theres a way to get around the glare any info would be appricated it.

sun glare in caves should be illeagel!

Arishia
December 21st, 2003, 01:59 AM
Don't look into the sun ^_^

But serious, you only really see that glare if you're looking at or nearly at the sun. Other than that, dunno what to tell you. I love having a blinding sun in the sky, thing actually makes my face warm when I stare at it. =_=

Shiach_gaidin
December 21st, 2003, 03:39 AM
Actully that glare is my biggest complaint with the game it is everywhere (yes even in caves and buildings) and it gets in your feild of veiw to often but hey you get used to it

Kordesh
December 21st, 2003, 08:27 AM
To be honest, I haven't even noticed it at all

Dakya
December 21st, 2003, 11:06 AM
I'm fairly certain that some video cards cause the "sun glare in caves and indoors" thing. The computer I have with a GeForce 4 card has that problem, the other computer with a GeForce 2 does not, but does show the sun glare where it should be (outdoors, looking in the sun's direction).

No clue how to fix it, and none of the settings do a thing about it (tried weather, clip plane, resolution, etc.).

copasnece
December 21st, 2003, 12:45 PM
I personally love it, i think its awsome. But then again, i never have the glare in buildings or in caves. Usually in caves/buildings its a lot darker and the sun only shows through windows sort of.

Velenka
December 21st, 2003, 12:49 PM
That's odd... never get sun glares in caves or indoors unless I'm near an exit and it's near sun-down. Wish it WOULD appear more often, if it meant I could see!

lionfire
December 22nd, 2003, 01:42 AM
Try going to the dunes off of the highlands during high noon.. the sand reflects the sunlight really really brightly... but I like the realism and yeah I wish you could goldsmith some rose lensed specs of some type. 8)

Shiach_gaidin
December 22nd, 2003, 03:44 AM
it is nice once in a while but like i said earlier if you had it in your screen 1/2 the time and making it hard to see you would hate it to

Necrosaro
December 22nd, 2003, 06:00 AM
I must agree the brightness of the sand in Valkurm Dunes is like staring into the sun. I actually put on sunglasses once. I didn't know monitors could make a color that bright.

rimedragona
December 22nd, 2003, 12:40 PM
wow. everything I hear about this game makes me want it more and more... ... but EQ... but but... *sigh* oh, fudge.

Necrosaro
December 22nd, 2003, 12:47 PM
wow. everything I hear about this game makes me want it more and more... ... but EQ... but but... *sigh* oh, fudge.

You can have pet dragons rimedragona! There so cute ^^. You know you want to buy FFXI, you must buy FFXI! Become one of us!

rimedragona
December 22nd, 2003, 02:10 PM
You can have pet dragons rimedragona! There so cute ^^. You know you want to buy FFXI, you must buy FFXI! Become one of us!

Erghk...

Dragons, you say? cute ones? Oh, dear.... *flails about in indecision*

Saethori
December 22nd, 2003, 02:25 PM
Yes, Rimedragona. Come...come to the dark side. You know you want to..

It is your destiny..

The only problem I foresee is the choice of server. Most GUers seem to be on Valefor, but there are a few others spread out like islands in a sea.

I haven't actually settled in yet, but the server I commited to going to isn't Valefor, so... ^^;

lionfire
December 22nd, 2003, 06:40 PM
Yes, Rimedragona. Come...come to the dark side. You know you want to..

It is your destiny..

The only problem I foresee is the choice of server. Most GUers seem to be on Valefor, but there are a few others spread out like islands in a sea.

I haven't actually settled in yet, but the server I commited to going to isn't Valefor, so... ^^;

Yeah.. It's not tough to get a world pass and pick a server. I've got Lionfire on Garuda and Lionfyre on Bahamut where my friend is who got me a world pass.

Landsknecht
December 23rd, 2003, 03:11 AM
Can someone link a screenshot of the sun? I'm really curious now.

Shiach_gaidin
December 23rd, 2003, 03:53 AM
Yeah i will i just took one the other day and if you wana world pass t ocreate an alt on Valefor anyone or even a main just pm me i will be more than happy to pick one up. Check my Avater for the pic cause i kinda like it:P

Laston
December 28th, 2003, 05:59 PM
sounds like midgard in daoc, the areas with snow (thats pretty much whole midgard) are so white i usually stare into the sky (seriusly i did that for about 2 hours) my whole room was white :(

Sarius
December 28th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Just curious you will ONLY get the Sun Inside caves IF, you did not turn Bump Mapping On. I turned it off for a test, the suns rays are everywhere?! Hastily turned it on again and now i only see it in Fields and over mountains

Sarius
December 28th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Yeah.. It's not tough to get a world pass and pick a server. I've got Lionfire on Garunda and Lionfyre on Bahamut where my friend is who got me a world pass.

Join the darker side, join us on Valefor (Your friend too) where u can join the Gushell and never find it hard to get a group

lionfire
December 28th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Yeah.. It's not tough to get a world pass and pick a server. I've got Lionfire on Garunda and Lionfyre on Bahamut where my friend is who got me a world pass.

Join the darker side, join us on Valefor (Your friend too) where u can join the Gushell and never find it hard to get a group

Valefor you say? Wow a Gushell would be supah fun. I'll have to make another character and go in there. Just have to con someone to get me a world pass. :wink: Now if we could just get woody in to play... O.o

Shiach_gaidin
December 29th, 2003, 04:06 AM
WEll we can get you the worldpass no problem i think Cobble has one right now if you want one , but getting woody to play will be harder than getting people to stop laughing at my Galka White mage:P

lionfire
December 29th, 2003, 07:33 PM
WEll we can get you the worldpass no problem i think Cobble has one right now if you want one , but getting woody to play will be harder than getting people to stop laughing at my Galka White mage:P

Galka white mage.. not as funny as a Galka Bard. :D Have Cobble PM me on here with da number and I'll be in.

Arishia
December 30th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Check http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/citizen/03.html to look at the FFXI classes... you'll see a tiny picture of the Dragoon right at the bottom.

I garantee, the pet wyvern is adorable ^^;

And about sun glare in dungeons and caves... I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that o.o That sounds like a bug of some sort, or a graphic card issue.

Cantatus
December 30th, 2003, 06:38 PM
I got FFXI for Christmas and am having a lot of fun. Definitely refreshing after playing EQ for so long. I'm curious though, I was considering starting an Elvaan Mage, but it seems that's strongly advised against since stats depend on your race. How screwed will I be if I do this? Is there a way to make up for the stats difference?

Right now I'm just playing a Hume Red Mage on Asuna (got that server 50% of the time I tried for a server) and am just goofing off, so I'm not too attached to him. It just doesn't feel right playing a Hume after being a High Elf in EverQuest for so long!

Shiach_gaidin
December 31st, 2003, 03:41 AM
Elvann don't make bad mages, but i suggest you don't try a galka mage, as a Level 10 Galka WHM I have a whopping 66 MP total:P

lionfire
December 31st, 2003, 02:39 PM
Hey Shaich I'm in Valefor as Rastlin a Hume Blackmage.

Arishia
January 1st, 2004, 01:52 AM
Play what you wanna play, don't worry about what's recommended =) Elvaan mages aren't bad. Sure, you won't have the mana of a Taru, but you won't be a kickable ball of fluff either! =D

... no offense to the Tarun members... <_< >_>

Shiach_gaidin
January 2nd, 2004, 04:58 AM
Good i will have you know my taru monk punts Galka's around and I will look you up next time i am on Lion, and get you a pearl, we are in open recriutment so everyone has a pearlsack it shouldn't be to hard

Edit: Next time you log on Lion seach the world for either Hodges, Sarius, Cobble, Euphem, Priory, Satsume, or Sahiel. One of us should be on at any given time and be able to direct you to someone nearby

Sarius
January 2nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
Feel like im one of the ones always online on my own at any given time, while others rest i play into the night *evil laugh* ahem, yeah so you got a good chance of seeing any of those mentioned online, can even try Longhurst if freakishly no-one else is online

Shiach_gaidin
January 3rd, 2004, 03:51 AM
lol I usually last longer than longhurst thoguht (most days i play from abut 11pm pacific till 4am, and on weekends and dauys off add 12pm-4pm to that to