PDA

View Full Version : Bad birthday....BAD!!!!!

togashi
December 22nd, 2003, 04:37 PM
Okay, so today was my 29th birthday. Yay, me. I survived another year. I had to go to work today, which is more of an annoyance than anything, but when you're the manager...

Since it's the week of Christmas, we have extra servers on the floor, so I have to listen to the ones I have normally gripe about too many servers all morning long. Then the power went out...at 10:30...right before lunch.
So, not only do I have a dining room full of people who may get their food if they're lucky, I have to scramble and basically shut the store down, because it's not safe to operate a big ol' honkin' gas grill with no hood ventilation, while at the same time get in touch with my GM, my Area Director, and the power company, and get everyone out of the kitchen. We ended up getting things back up and running about 12:30. Just in time to get our butts kicked because I sent most of my people home because the power company told us it would take longer than that. The upside of this is that I made about 12 bucks in an hour of serving. Not bad for a manager who hasn't done it in almost a year. Starting to make me rethink what I do for a living.

Then my wife calls. She's stranded about 40 miles away at a mechanic shop where she was going to get her oil changed. Turns out she has a coolant system leak...that leaked into her timing belt...and possibly her head gasket. Total car repairs: possibly $1500. What's worse is that she works third shift, and she couldn't go home and sleep, and she has to work tonight. I just picked her up. She'll be running on about 3 hours of sleep tonight.

I can't wait to see what happens when I turn 30.

Wooleen Shadowraith
December 22nd, 2003, 04:45 PM
Omg..fun!
Happy Birthday though :)

Coffee
December 22nd, 2003, 04:54 PM
/comfort Togashi
Happy Birthday.

Gnomish
December 22nd, 2003, 05:33 PM
=( that sux... I hope you have a happy birthday despite all that crappyness ^_^

Ciarin
December 22nd, 2003, 06:42 PM
Happy birthday!

Velenka
December 22nd, 2003, 07:46 PM
*hugs Togashi* *hugs Togashi again and tells him to pass it on to his wife*

Tadashya
December 22nd, 2003, 09:33 PM
life gets better after 30 really :D Happy Belated!~

Allpowerfulsam
December 23rd, 2003, 10:42 AM
i cant wait till im 50. im going to be the biggest wise ass that everyone knew

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 23rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
your birthday was yesterday? How crazy, so was mine. 25th here. I think mine went a little better though, nothing great and spectactular, but nothing bad either.

Happy birthday to us ;)