PDA

View Full Version : Nope... not a bug! (12/24)

Woody
December 24th, 2003, 02:57 AM
In the same adventure I mentioned in the writeup for the 12/22 strip, something similar to today's comic happened. So... I couldn't help jotting it down for later use.

After the Paladin left, I was left to try to pull after the cleric pacified.

We cleaned a room down to two mobs, pulled, and killed the first. While the other just stood there. The vampire lady continued to stand there and look at me as I shot her over and over again. I finally just walked up to her and whacked her with my hammer.

Before whacking her though, I paused to let the other group memebers know that I'd rooted her... with sex appeal. It went over well with them; hopefully it worked for you guys too.

**whistles**

Ciarin
December 24th, 2003, 02:58 AM
ROFLIMM!

YES!

Vhah Drahsil
December 24th, 2003, 02:59 AM
What? I DID root her with sex appeal.

Gnomish
December 24th, 2003, 03:01 AM
rofl ^_^

Saethori
December 24th, 2003, 03:06 AM
I don't fully understand *why* that happened... was the mob actually rooted?

*confused*

Regardless, it was a nice comic.

Woody
December 24th, 2003, 03:09 AM
No. She wasn't rooted. And even if she were... I wouldn't have been able to walk right up to her.

The arrows obviously never landed, despite clear line of sight.

My only guess, even though I KNOW the duration is NOT that long, is that Pacify was still in effect on her. She didn't move until I hit her. **shrugs**

I had the same arrow problem with some scavengers later that same night.

Saethori
December 24th, 2003, 03:12 AM
Ooh, the arrows never connected. That makes sense.

But then does that actually count as shooting her?

You know, it's entirely possible that Vhah *did* hit her, just must've used Cupid arrows or somethin'...

Dubheasa
December 24th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Vhah could root me with sex appeal any time he likes....yummy!

Ciarin
December 24th, 2003, 03:35 AM
yes, I with Dubheasa on that!

:D

Reymi_VZ
December 24th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Gawd that was funny. First time I read it I read it not thinking EQ terminology and I thought it was naughty and funny. Then with EQ on top it made it even funnier.

One of my first large grouping experiences was 4 Australians and 2 Americans. They kept yelling to root the lizzie. Now we were sending tells to eachother wondering just what the hell what up with these pervs. It wasn't till I was relating this story to some other players that I realised just what was up. None of our classes had that spell so we had no idea.

Lenghost
December 24th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Hiya,
Yeah, Vhah got a laugh out of us with that line :roll: Again, we had no idea why it just stood there, he couldn't have missed 3 times...could he??

Also about that whole "root" thing....when I visited Oz I was in a pub where the locals were watching rugby and happened to ask which team were they rooting for..lol..I got some looks!! Luckily the barmaid pulled me aside and explained! :P

-Lenghost Cyr

Woody
December 24th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Len is the one eyed bearded guy at my right shoulder. **points**

There is a GLARING problem with the picture though...

The halfling with the purple helmet is the Paladin that I mentioned. He uh... shouldn't be there.

Technically he was sitting at the exit while he got ready for work, hoping we won the mission, and didn't train him. **grins**

Lancetheavatar
December 24th, 2003, 04:16 AM
The look on Vhah's face is priceless...

Aeria
December 24th, 2003, 04:42 AM
LOL

ancarett
December 24th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Well, you have no arguments from me that Vhah's sex appeal could render a woman stunned and immobile. Rawr!

Erling E.
December 24th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Is it purely a coincidence that Vhah is the most handsome character in all your strips? :-)

YuriPup
December 24th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Hehehe. Too funny!

Tamena
December 24th, 2003, 06:01 AM
*hugs*
THANK YOU for this comic!
I laughed this morning...and desparately needed to

Happy Ho Ho's Woody....

Braoin
December 24th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Everyone knows that barb. warriors are the most handsome by default. Then again I may be biased, having just married one this weekend :)

TheEmerged
December 24th, 2003, 06:26 AM
No. She wasn't rooted. And even if she were... I wouldn't have been able to walk right up to her.

The arrows obviously never landed, despite clear line of sight.

My only guess, even though I KNOW the duration is NOT that long, is that Pacify was still in effect on her. She didn't move until I hit her. **shrugs**

I had the same arrow problem with some scavengers later that same night.

Hmm, this was in Mistmoore? I might know what the problem is. You might have noticed those spiderwebs? They can block LoS sometimes. I've gotten the "you can't see the target" message when staring one dead on before because of them. Sucks when you're trying to pacify them, let me tell you...

Naelaen
December 24th, 2003, 06:30 AM
/whistle Vhah :)

It's amazing how often I have to show you pullers how to use your bow to actually hit what you're targetting..... normally I end up missing too or hitting some bitten victim where it hurts most.

Aerinha
December 24th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Of course it was sex apeal. I know this because my warrioress had the same problem in the Mistmoore caves the last time she went. However, Goewyn decided she didn't like the guy that was staring at her, and yelled a few obscenities at him(straight from the new book) and that seemed to snap the guy out of it...

(You can pull from about 100 ft with the new taunts, bellow and provoke, and the line of sight issue I was having with the arrows doesn't exist with those. The spiderwebs...I don't see them, but I have particle effects off usually?)

Kat
December 24th, 2003, 09:09 AM
(You can pull from about 100 ft with the new taunts, bellow and provoke, and the line of sight issue I was having with the arrows doesn't exist with those. The spiderwebs...I don't see them, but I have particle effects off usually?)

1. Thats cool about the new taunts. We used to make stuff up when Taunt wouldn't work like - "Hey why didn't you taunt him?" "I did, apparently he doesn't really care what you say about his mother."

2. I think the spiderwebs do stop line of site, I couldnt cast at something on the other side of a spiderweb. I had to pass through it. And they are still there in the game even if you have particles off and can't see them, which must make it frustrating.

Bruttal
December 24th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Woody. invest in magic arrows =/

Lirren
December 24th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Vhah would have me rooted if I ran into him too. He's just too yummy! Very cute, Woody. Made me grin on a rotten day at work.

Twyll Oathtaker
December 24th, 2003, 10:34 AM
But the real question is was she wearing the Vhah thong?

Penguin (:>(O ):
December 24th, 2003, 11:55 AM
WOOO funny but i still dont get the root thing? I kinda do with the comic but i dont get the whole idea with the aussys.

Deathbane27
December 24th, 2003, 11:58 AM
I think root is aussie slang for getting laid or something. Not sure what the exact meaning is.

Mischief
December 24th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Laugh out loud funny! :D

Woody
December 24th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Nope Emerged. It was Mistmoore but it wasn't the caves.

It was the furnace room.

Jordayne
December 24th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Congrats on your wedding Braoin! What a wonderful Xmas present =)

John Dyne
December 24th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Mistmoore as a whole has those cobwebs everywhere. I see them all the time in the Catacombs ones.. I've never seen a cave one, honestly.

Shiach_gaidin
December 24th, 2003, 02:05 PM
LOL, damn Vhah and is sexyness wish i could root things with my sex appeal :P

Realmreaver
December 24th, 2003, 06:03 PM
I have to admit that was the first time that really made me think that was woody talkin. Just made me think that's him all right. LOL

excellant strip =)

Realmreaver
December 24th, 2003, 06:05 PM
If I had to say my sex appeal was a spell I would have to say it be the fear line of spells cause anyone seen me and my sexiness would scream till blood flek their lips as they try to direct me to put the shirt BACK on me for their eyes explode out of their head in sheer terror...but hey that's me and my sexiness =)

Sarius
December 24th, 2003, 06:57 PM
That was great woody, one of the few that made me laugh out loud (The other i laugh in my head with a grin)

I can so picture Vhah with the voice of the big blue monster in Monsters inc. as he says

"I rooted her with sex appeal"

genius ;)

Volas
December 24th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Hey Vhah... i dont know if anyone pointed this out to you yet (didnt read whole post) But on your studly magelo profile... well.. uhmm.. on your chest.. your wearing "Aged Iron Ring"

Not to comment on your muscles friend, but unless that ring is pierced thru a nipple or something, you might wanna start working out a bit more

=p

Volas Rath

Velenka
December 24th, 2003, 11:25 PM
*claps happily*

Nipple rings! :)

Woody
December 24th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Magelo is having some kind of problem. **shrugs**

I guess the sync feature is goofed up.

--edit--

Logged in and re-synced and it's all better now.
Guess this explains why my hitpoints and AC went DOWN when I leveled.