PDA

View Full Version : Worst LDoN trap to date!

Kudane
December 24th, 2003, 11:00 AM
In a LDoN group last night, we had some problems with pulling and failed our adventure.. BUT there was a light side, there was a chest and barrel that could contain treasure..

the Rogue (named Roogue, ironically) disarms the chest, they bash it open and only find a diamond. We head over to the barrell, he thinks it's disarmed or at least not trapped a way that he can tell. the ranger and rogue both hit it to smash it open... and..

Trap goes off: does over 900pts of poison damage (killing the rogue and cleric in one shot), and blasting EVERYONE to the character select screen. :shock:

NOW THATS A TRAP!!!

Once we all logged back in, we found that because all of us had "logged out" the adventure had closed (we had 20 mins left to be in there) all our bodies were outside the zone in, and no one could go back into the dungeon.

I had heard there were some nasty traps.. but blasting us all to character select was a bit on the intense side :lol:

/bow

Srevor
December 24th, 2003, 11:13 AM
The worst I had was our ranger... decided to hit a chest and see what happens. We all were killed by the 350 per tic posion dot that ate us all up before we could cure it.

DarkWyndre
December 24th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Well,

The Pressurized Acid (Said DOT that nails you hard) isn't so bad as long as you're ready to cure it... make sure that you have 2 people the cure.

The worst one though is the Plague Mites. So far as I can tell, these DO NOT wear of until you die, or you get a Remove Curse done (and very few people on my server have Remove Curse it seems). Had this little bugger killing me for 45 minutes the other night... Mend just barely could keep up with it.

Quartz
December 24th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Had one that drops all stats by 100 for 45 minutes, then kills you outright. Only Warrior types can actually move because of encumberance. Only cured by Remove curse, and that's only if that person is in the dungeon, has the spell and has a mana regen fast enough (with their Magic pool on lowered stats) to be able to cast it.

Reymi_VZ
December 24th, 2003, 02:57 PM
The worst one though is the Plague Mites. So far as I can tell, these DO NOT wear of until you die, or you get a Remove Curse done (and very few people on my server have Remove Curse it seems). Had this little bugger killing me for 45 minutes the other night... Mend just barely could keep up with it.

I am 99% sure purify soul works on this. :D

Rangor
December 24th, 2003, 03:25 PM
My second LDoN, i'd hit auto-attack by accident. And somehow targetted the Dark Chest. 2 kills and 15 minutes from victory, and acid tore our skins away. We failed.
Since that happened, I have sucessfully disarmed and opened more than 20 chests / barrels without incident.

My shining moment was when we had succeeded and finishing off the mobs in the dungeons. The last lot lead to a dead end. I switch to Hide / Sneak, and walk around the corner, and see a chest. I warn the group to expect to see a screaming dwarf and 7 mobs training him.
Stood by the chest, took off Hide. Sneak was still active, so I didn't agro the mob that was 2 steps ahead of me. Checked chest, disarmed twice, opened and quickly made sure Sneak was still on. There was a niiiice +WIS aug in there.
Bad news ? It suddenly occured to me that we now had to slash our way through 7 mobs in 7 minutes, or the chest would decay and the cleric loses the aug....
We killed 3 and agro'd the rest so the cleric could loot.

Was close, and I felt dumb. :)

Psychosongs
December 24th, 2003, 03:54 PM
I can open barrells/chests sometimes when i cant disarm the trap i pick the lock enyway and just tell the grp to prepare for a dot/dd/curse and evryones like nooooooooo dont do it and i do it anyway and me and priests cure the grp and i saw was that so bad and then thay say i guess not and then we loot the drop in the chest and the group is like ooo aaahh

i think the worst trap ever is the one that makes you drunk and it lowers atack and AC and it doesent waer off for 20 mins...
at least it makes great conversation in those groups that dont really talk too much

Muugly Psychosongs
52bard Prexus

Poofe 'n Evandril
December 24th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Best trap I've seen...Made me entire party drunk :) Great way to finish an adventure!

PS, there's a Bard song from LoY that cures curses...Fast working, and powerful, will take out LDoN curses in one note :)

Minion0fDeath
December 25th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Quartz, not true that only warriors can withstand the stat lowering trap. I got hit with it(monk) and since I only weighted 16 pounds and had 173 str unbuffed, I still had 73 str left. also anyone with a decent amount of str that keeps there weight down isn't that affected, Not only warriors have good strength.

-Edit- Just noticed he/she said "warrior types", but still, classes like cleric's and shamans have good STR so they can withstand it most of the time.

Naelaen
December 25th, 2003, 06:59 AM
I've been killed 3 times due to traps. The first was accidentally hit by someone (probably my arrow or something stupid) and next thing we new we were all down to some stupid amount of health and dropping like flies. I was the last person left standing.

The next two times were decisions made by the group to attempt the box. However BOTH times I went linkdead just before I could put up an argument. The first one I logged back in in butcherblock. Second time I logged back in with 10% health and spent all my mana healing myself up to the point where I could get a cure off.

DogEye
December 25th, 2003, 10:37 AM
you know... for just ONCE i'd like to decurse a trap that had somthing OTHER then potion of transformation! i mean yes i DO like walking around as the one and ONLY dark elf shammy, but can't i get a sappire or maybe something that is worth the 18pp i have to sink into the regent for the spell? (though when i get one for free i don't mind... got a regent conservation 3 just for that) but potion of transformation, where as it IS fun i just want to sell it or give it to someone the would like it more then me. otherwise the drunk trap is awsome, lol my shammy was one of the first ones undrunk, poor cleric never took up drinking. lol actully i was the ONLY caster that made it out undrunk.

Sorini McMarrin
December 25th, 2003, 10:59 AM
My guild has a standing rule.. NEVER open a trap before you finish the mission. After that, free deaths for everyone !!

Wooleen Shadowraith
December 25th, 2003, 11:03 AM
hehe, owie, thats gotta hurt >.<

Quartz
December 25th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Quartz, not true that only warriors can withstand the stat lowering trap. I got hit with it(monk) and since I only weighted 16 pounds and had 173 str unbuffed, I still had 73 str left. also anyone with a decent amount of str that keeps there weight down isn't that affected, Not only warriors have good strength.

-Edit- Just noticed he/she said "warrior types", but still, classes like cleric's and shamans have good STR so they can withstand it most of the time.

Agility also goes down by 100 points, then gets furthered reduced by encumberance. Still a bloody nasty trap, especially on a rescue mission.

Also worth remembering is that chests go off if ANY AOE spell hits them, including those from the nameds. :evil:

Requiem_Aristade
December 25th, 2003, 10:46 PM
MMM gotta love LDON traps and the mindless level 50+ newb who just HAS to hit it... my party on our first ever rescue adventure had managed to get all the way to the rescue npc... and had him follow us... we had tons of time to spare... and OF COURSE I see in group chat "Hey Whats this?"
BOOOM Plague Mites .... kills the NPC before anyone even recovers from the shock that this poor fool is gonna be verbally abused by us for his curiosity...thereby auto-failing the adventure by killing the rescue NPC ourselves... I did manage to save my self with my trusty thurg quest legs (right click abolish disease)
As for the one who said plage mites doesnt wear off..
NO I dont think it does... but I do know the first time I encountered it , it took 4 casts of cure disease to remove it.. thats about 35+ counters

Dragonel
December 26th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Preassurized acid? Plagues? Explosion? Those are some bizarre traps you EQ players have to deal with.

In Anarchy Online, traps typically carried more mundane payloads- Most were armed with roller rats or sewer lizards, which would explode out of discrete mechanisms and assult you as you opened the chest.

DarkWyndre
December 26th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Hehe,

I don't think the plague mites will wear off... keep in mind that the "Creeping Crud" that the Phlarg's in PC give you lasts over 90 minutes, and that can be removed with a simple cure disease cast