View Full Version : Bored at work on Christmas Eve

Isador Marilith
December 24th, 2003, 10:12 AM
So, who else is stuck working today?
Just curious...
:(

Pike Tha Blodd
December 24th, 2003, 11:10 AM
im at my girlfriends house, living the drama of her little 17 yr old sister who finally rebelled after being a cheerleader student council all "A;s" student and now believes her friends are more important than her family, so thas kinda like work, but i got beer so i might be one up on ya

Takara
December 24th, 2003, 11:28 AM
I'm at work today, but only for a few hours.

I came in more for support of the other people working here, not really to get any work done myself. Sucks being the boss sometimes.

BUT! I have a turkey in my fridge that will get cooked tonight, some potatoes that will be mashed, wine that will be consumed and loved ones will be snuggled.

Rifter
December 24th, 2003, 12:06 PM
I some how managed to avoid being selected to work both today, Christmas, and New Years/Eve.

Knock on wood for next year...

Isador Marilith
December 24th, 2003, 12:09 PM
WOO HOO!!!! I just got the word that we can go home at 2pm. :D

It may not be much, but it's a couple of more hours to spend with the lil-druids before ole saint nick gets here this evening.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 24th, 2003, 02:08 PM
<--- bored and stuck here until 7:30

Yay me.

Shiach_gaidin
December 24th, 2003, 02:20 PM
I am heading out right now at @ Pacific probably wont be off til 9 :(

Sham
December 24th, 2003, 03:22 PM
I'll be going to work at 11 p.m. However, I don't have to go in tomorrow until midnight.

Well okay, I guess technically that would mean my shift won't start until the 26th, but graveyard schedules are weird like that. And going in at 11 tonight means that I'll be celebrating the first few hours of Christmas with my cook and manager.)

Druidic Elf
December 24th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Wow, when I read stuff like this, it makes me glad I'm only 13, lol. My simpathies go out to all of you. Hopefully something festive will happen to lighten the mood ^_^

Joborab
December 24th, 2003, 03:59 PM
sympathies* :-D

Druidic Elf
December 24th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Lol, thanks Joborab.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 24th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Cheesy online games to pass the time (http://zone.msn.com/en/root/freeonline.htm)

Tuluz
December 24th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Working 4 to midnight here. This is my Once a week job not my FT. My FT job I drive an ambulance 911's never stop so holidays don't exist when it lands on a work day. But you can always tell when it is the holidays Domestic Violence, depression etc.
It makes me very thankful for the life I have. :)

My part time job as you can see is cake cause I am here. :lol:

Merry Christmas and such.

Evil_Gondi
December 24th, 2003, 09:27 PM
My sympathies to those that work on holidays.

Evil

Velenka
December 24th, 2003, 10:06 PM
*toasts Tuluz with a big mug of red ale* Much love for the folks working in the emergency medical field.

Many of my friends work retail so they're working Xmas Eve and/or Day. I'm giving some of 'em kickass footrubs for Xmas :)

Tuluz
December 24th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Ohhhhhh footrub. *Toasts* Velenka Kind friends that give massages RULE!