PDA

View Full Version : question..

Tsu
December 24th, 2003, 04:24 PM
This may not really belong here, and if it does I apologize and feel free to delete it. But anyways, I recently started my own forum, I also use phpbb the same forum that Woody uses here. I've searched, not too much, but I did look first before I posted. What I would like to do is change the icons on the main page, the no new post, new post ones. I've found a few 'tips' that say all I need to do is replace the .gif and I've done that and it enlarged the icon that I wanted. So I ran another search, it said I had to edit something in the .tpl file, well, it didn't say which one, or what I was looking to edit. If anyone knows anything about this it would be much appreciated, and if this doesn't belong here I again apologize I don't really want to post on their forum, but if need be I will.

Takara
December 24th, 2003, 05:44 PM
there are different template (tpl) files for where each icon is stored.

So there are a lot of tpl files you'll have to edit. i don't suggest this if you aren't good with html, code and basic scrpiting languages.

Tsu
December 24th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Hmm.. I'm not 'great' with html, but I can do ok. I don't think I'd have much trouble if I knew what I was looking for, a phrase or clause, anything to really get me started.

Takara
December 24th, 2003, 06:25 PM
viewtopic_body.tpl
viewforum_body.tpl
index_body.tpl
overall_header

{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}

any image files with a forced width and height... if you just take out the width height, it will automatically make the image whatever size the image really is.

Tsu
December 24th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Thank you so very much, you have no idea how helpful that was :D

Takara
December 24th, 2003, 06:44 PM
There may be other tpl files that will hide icons and such that you need to edit.. as I don't have the phpbb fils infront of me, i'm going mostly from memory...

but just take out the width=## and height=## and you'll be golden.

Tsu
December 24th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Perfect, they worked great. Thank you very much again.

Takara
December 24th, 2003, 08:19 PM
My pleasure. *smiles*