PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars tm: Knights of the Old Republic: KOTR

Tuluz
December 24th, 2003, 11:03 PM
I recently got this game for the XBOX and am thoroughly enjoying it. :D. The dialogue can be a bit long and you can loop sometimes, but sometimes it is an advantage to persuade NPC's.

Anyway the voice acting in my humble opinion is very good. The battle system is decent. I like the way the levels flow and the choices you have.

I would just like to see what others think about it. I probably missed a discussion on it earlier. I would like to see the different points of view of those who like it or hate it just to see where you are coming from. I don't want arguments I just like different points of view. :wink:

I know preferrences(sp?) vary but I am interested. :)

Trastero
December 24th, 2003, 11:15 PM
I have it for the PC and I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Tuluz
December 24th, 2003, 11:16 PM
heheh Oh and though I am not fond of Microsoft I do like the XBOX and ummm own a PC which runs windows of course so ummm yeah..... I am lazy and a video game addict who needs his systems and games. :lol:

I am a sheep lead me to the slaughter. 8) :cry: :oops:

MCW
December 25th, 2003, 12:00 AM
I used to be on the Kotor forums, its a good game although not much replay to it. Messing with the glitches can be fun...

ceelorn
December 26th, 2003, 09:16 AM
bought the pc version for my brother and he returned it the next day o.O

ykkir
December 26th, 2003, 02:21 PM
he game is great, the only problem I had with it were the alien voices, like all Male twi'leks
"icchi tani wnni nini bobo" is what I hear all the time from them, of course my brother hears "feed some beanie weenies to a hobo"

eh 8)

Keaolien
December 26th, 2003, 03:23 PM
I just got it today, only thing I hate is the turn based combat. Its exactly like the RPG. Other than that, nifty game :D

Dragonel
December 26th, 2003, 10:23 PM
My roomy got it for christmas, and we're both loving the heck out of it- Kaeolien's complaint about it being like the RPG is a bonus in both our books.

The big problem is, despite patching as soon as he installed, the damned thing crashes his computer (as in, forces a reboot) every five minutes.

Keaolien
December 27th, 2003, 01:05 AM
no no, not complaining that it's like the RPG, I love the RPG, but rather, I'd like to have a bit more involved combat system. But it's still an amazing game. I'm loving it.

Cantatus
December 27th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Got it for X-Mas for the computer. Not far into it, but really enjoying it. Playing on the light side of the force now since I'll likely enjoy the dark side more later. *grins evilly*

The voice work in it is very impressive. I was surprised that each alien race spoke their actual tongue.

Realmreaver
December 27th, 2003, 10:37 AM
I REALLY dislike the actual gameplay but the gfx and story is a hoot. Now if I could just get past the gamplay issues.... sigh..... why is it MOST RPG are like this?

Rifter
December 27th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Pay attention to Canderous. He is the simple reason you'll walk out of huge masses of mobs alive; so make sure you upgrade his gun on the work bench, and give him Master Rapid Shot. You'll be jaunting merrily through the Star Forge if you do. **Grin**

Nilana
December 27th, 2003, 03:29 PM
I think it's a great game, only things I can complain about are the combat system (though Iím not sure what would be better) and that fact that i crash out every so often, I think that has something to do with my mainboard chipset.

shotfromthehip
December 29th, 2003, 08:46 AM
got it for xmas on pc. my wife and i played it ALL weekend. just a wonderful game. not a thing i don't like about it either.

Kudane
December 29th, 2003, 02:45 PM
I just got it today, only thing I hate is the turn based combat. Its exactly like the RPG. Other than that, nifty game :D

Uh.......DUH! :shock: (hehehe)

the character leveling is exactly like the RPG too..

So are the Feats

and Skills..

hehehehe

Raven00x
December 29th, 2003, 03:34 PM
in keaolien's defense, there's a number of computer RPGs that go more for real time combat than turn based combat.

Kudane
December 29th, 2003, 03:38 PM
in keaolien's defense, there's a number of computer RPGs that go more for real time combat than turn based combat.

was just teasing him.. the whole game is designed after the 3rd Edition of DND rules.. Just thought his pointing out that one part of it was just like the RPG was funny. (and not noticing the rest was too)

hehehe

Realmreaver
December 29th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Well the game crashed whenever I wish to chack his force powers and he still can't use a lightsaber or wear jedi clothes.... I guess the cheat codes prob corrupted the game I dunno any suggestions? I can still play but he'll never learn jedi skills now or be a jedi truly.

MCW
December 29th, 2003, 10:03 PM
theres this guy in my linkshell who has a face just like Carth's and his white leather armor looks very similar to Caro Nord's battle suit...

makes me laugh everytime I see him running around with a sword, just expect him to pull out 2 blaster pistols.