PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Norrath, Luclin, and all associated planes

togashi
December 26th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Last night I did something I never thought I'd do. I quit EQ. In the spirit of Christmas, I gave all my gear from all my toons to my guildies. Then I went to the arena and shouted for a necromancer to take advantage of a free sacrifice victim. Nobody responded. For anyone who plays on Povar, if you see a member of the Arbiters of the Apocalypse, tell them Geebus says hi. And if you see Wulolas, give him much respect from me. And if you see Mekera, give her hugs and tell her that her fav ikky misses her. Shaddup, it's what she called me.

Geebus
46 shaman of Bertox (retired)
Povar server
Aribters of the Apocalypse

Saethori
December 26th, 2003, 08:07 AM
*nods* Whether for better or for worse, leaving EQ always means change.

You should start seeing that you have a lot more free time... unless of course you left EQ for another MMORPG.. ^^;

You should consider not fully abandoning who you were in EQ, even if you're leaving EQ itself. Consider what the character you're leaving behind meant to you, and what you went through as you rose the ranks and met your friends and guild. And, most importantly, don't let that extension of yourself go.

I've been out of EQ for over half a year now. But I still remember Taerou, and what I went through as I was living him. Most importantly, even though the account has shut down and the characters deleted, Taerou still lives on.

togashi
December 26th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Well, it's not that I'll have more free time. I only played the game with my free time, which is small enough as it is. Besides, what with keeping my wife faction up, and the other games I play, and the PS2, I have plenty of diversion from the real world.

Evil_Gondi
December 26th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Lucky you.

Evil

LowerClassBrat
December 26th, 2003, 10:18 PM
TOGASHI IM HEALIR!!! do you remember me?!

I was an officer of AoA!!!

togashi
December 29th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Course I remember you Healir. Geez, I think you rezzed me a few times when I was training frost giants in GD. You still play?

LowerClassBrat
December 29th, 2003, 07:16 PM
No but my friend Wicklen (flying gnome of death) plays now

togashi
December 30th, 2003, 08:52 PM
I remember Wick.
He teamed up with me one time in Velious until he realized he could nuke the mobs we were hunting to death without sending the pets in. Friggin gnomes.