PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help!

DDDancer
December 27th, 2003, 06:49 PM
I got a new Radeon 9000 AGP card and open my computer only to find it has no such slot! What is a girl to do?
I did manage not to fry my motherboard in the process so it was not a complete failure. Is there some way I can get a new slot, or do I have to get another video card? Please help, my gametime is suffering!

Serresrelic
December 27th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Either have to get a PCI video card or a new motherboard. There is no way to add an AGP slot to your motherboard.

Wooleen Shadowraith
December 27th, 2003, 08:13 PM
yeah i had that problem. try for a Radeon 9100 series. that fit in mine, and its a PCI (also in a box, i think, labled Xtasy)((it was at fry's...hehe))

edie: heres a link. :) http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logicalplus/vigemx64agpv.html

Requiem_Aristade
December 27th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Yeah I had a PCI vid card before I upgraded everything in my comp... including new mobo.. Xtasy is a pretty good brand when it comes to PCI... another thing to consider when getting a new vid card is to make sure the power supply is high enough to support the new vid card or you will suffer from constant problems such as the computer continually restarting itself due to the Power supply working to hard