PDA

View Full Version : New Mapping System

Rangor
December 31st, 2003, 09:15 PM
I was one of the lucky few that got to test out the proposed "Zone And Pathways Mapping Engine", or ZAPME for short.

Basically, on this new map system, you get to see the zone you are in, and the zones that connect to it, so you can plan routes.

We were asked not to take screenshots, or leak info to anyone, so let's keep this a secret. Please tell no one. This picture is just between you, me, and anyone else who chances upon it. :)

New Mapping System (http://www34.brinkster.com/rangor/mapping.htm)

Dark Tyger
December 31st, 2003, 09:35 PM
You have entirely too much free time, you know that, right? :D

Tuluz
December 31st, 2003, 09:38 PM
Very creative but aye way too much time on thy hands my friend.

Enchanter
December 31st, 2003, 10:49 PM
the cut and pasting never ends does it?

Wolf
December 31st, 2003, 10:51 PM
No, it doesnt end. Why are there always like 4 copies of the same thing?

Kweil
December 31st, 2003, 10:53 PM
Because Geocities limits the bandwidth, so by putting it on 4 different accounts he is able to have the picture up longer without going over the limit.

Wolf
December 31st, 2003, 10:56 PM
OOOHHHHHHHHH........ still dont get it....

Nosferatu
December 31st, 2003, 11:55 PM
If enough people go to only one of those links, the site the image is on will shut it down due to too much bandwith being used.

By offering 4 different links, he can A) give more alternatives in case one is shut down for the day and B) lessen the chance of one being shut down.

ShrinaSoultamer
January 1st, 2004, 09:31 AM
I'm your new fan, LOL. My first introduction was you running fomr the train with the 'BeastLord' ie Lion King, then Aliens, and now the new map. LOL I have so many ideas but never did anything with them... but withthe start of the new year. I am vowing to upgrade my ol' PoS computer (since I cant afford to build a new one right now. And start doing more with art and EQ (and my SIG) sheeesh. :)

MCW
January 1st, 2004, 09:52 AM
get some voice acting,, some animation in there, a story and you'll have a movie.

Good job, Rangor, I could almost imagine your character leading a chess invasion against the white/black pieces.. or somesuch

Best of luck in the future

Rangor
January 1st, 2004, 11:47 AM
Hmmm... Now there's an idea... Of course, as he is wearing black armour, he'd have to fight the white pieces.

But I think, when I do more pictures, I won't start a new thread. If I did, I can imagine having the entire first page for my pictures. And I think people are going to get bored of me real soon.

I'll just put the pictures on my site, and hope people check up on me every so often. Plus, I'm going to actually start playing the game properly again soon, as opposed to just posting silly screenshots.

Thanks for everyones support. I only do these screenshot things for the /GU forum users, hopefully for your entertainment. I only post them here and on my guild forum. If people get bored, let me know. I get paranoid sometimes.

Enchanter
January 1st, 2004, 06:24 PM
I always kinda felt that the blue text was reserved for 'Woody Edits'

I dont know if anyone else thinks this, but it is kinda confusing when you use blue text. I know Woody uses the , but it still takes a second before I can tell.

Rangor
January 1st, 2004, 06:28 PM
I always kinda felt that the blue text was reserved for 'Woody Edits'

No problem, I've removed the color tags from the previous post.

Naelaen
January 1st, 2004, 07:59 PM
But if you don't make a thread, how can I add my textual contributions? (I haven't done one for this one since it'd just be forcing the idea, and would only end up being one liners like, "Go straight to HHK jail, do not pass Bosec, do not collect 4 goblin ears")

Catila Amano
January 1st, 2004, 08:00 PM
Good job with the perspective matching on that one, Rangor! :)

Edit: Wow, the system clock on which the board is hosted is WAY off. It says this was posted at 7:00pm when it's actually 22 minutes after the hour (9:22pm ET, 8:22pm CT, 7:22pm MT and 6:22pm PT).

Naelaen
January 1st, 2004, 08:04 PM
Oh yeah. Hadn't noticed that before. Attack of the Y2k4 bug maybe? :)

Rangor
January 2nd, 2004, 09:16 AM
This has actually revived an old idea of mine, something I'm going to be working on soon. It won't be like my normal cut and paste job. It will involve unedited screenshots (at least 26), will probably be done in 4 sections (all at once) and will be something that people may want to print out. It won't be a joke, like the rest of my posts.

Being that it'll be totally different to anything I've posted thus far, I'll probably will post a new thread. And if I do it properly, most people are going to like it.

I hope...