PDA

View Full Version : This is probably a silly question(s)

FuzzyBear
January 1st, 2004, 02:00 PM
But even after being a board member for so long, I'm still not entirely sure of the answers.

Do people do the following things as a manner of joke, or is it Woody (and now the mods) who are responsible?

Blue text -- Is it always editing corrections by mods, or are some folks just typing in blue on occasion?

-title privelege revoked- -- this one looks like a mod, but again, I suppose it could be humor.

The little "Anti-Asshats/Banned" Watermark as an avatar.
(This one confuses me the most, as, if they were banned, they would be theoretically unable to post)

Thanks for answering me, those of you who may know. I appreciate it.

Woody
January 1st, 2004, 02:35 PM
I usually use this color when editting someone's post. If someone else uses that color, I edit their posts and change it. The other Mods make changes in their own chosen colors.

The person whose title priviledges were revoked lost the priviledge because he/she decided that putting "Admin" as their title was a wise decision. Well, it wasn't. I'm the only Admin here. So, I changed the title and disabled their ability to change it.

These boards do not have an easy way to associate the banned image with banned accounts. And, I haven't had time to code it in. If someone here is using it, please PM me their name, and I will handle the situation appropriately.

Lancetheavatar
January 2nd, 2004, 04:48 AM
One question...if I use a different shade of blue, can I still use blue text on occasion? (IE: Sig message?)

Woody
January 2nd, 2004, 06:24 AM
If I feel that the post is attempting to look like a Mod edit... then a different shade of blue is a no no.

Otherwise, I don't mind... as long as it isn't eye achingly INTENSE colors.

EvilIguana966
January 2nd, 2004, 06:49 AM
Woody Edit: Let's just say... do it again, and you'll need to find a new forum to post in.

Naelaen
January 2nd, 2004, 08:07 AM
[removed]

I'm blind!! :shock:

Ciarin
January 2nd, 2004, 08:09 AM
[removed]

It burns us!

Lancetheavatar
January 2nd, 2004, 08:10 AM
[removed]

My eyes!

Foehammer
January 2nd, 2004, 08:50 AM
[removed]

Nasssty hobbitsss tryss to hurts usssss, precious! We HATES them, presciousssss, yesssss we do!

Rangor
January 2nd, 2004, 08:56 AM
Cool.

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm.... I'm making a Rainbow Connection.

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 11:55 AM
[removed]

Nasssty hobbitsss tryss to hurts usssss, precious! We HATES them, presciousssss, yesssss we do!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it and I agree it is bright, but eye catching. : grin :

Naelaen
January 2nd, 2004, 12:14 PM
Eye killing more like

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 12:20 PM
True at least we know we are not color blind, but I love the quote Evil made. The colors are brite!!

Stay away from the light Carolanne. Don't come to the light!!!

Merdakai
January 2nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
I normally never change the colors in my messages, and rarely notice when others use different colors. I consider the words more important.

Woody
January 2nd, 2004, 03:46 PM
You know, I would have thought my saying, "I don't mind... as long as it isn't eye achingly INTENSE colors. " would have been easy to understand.

But, apparently some of you took it as a license to post the very thing I said I would take exception to.

I was already wishy washy about removing the ability from regular users to use colored text... and this thread convinces me that I probably should.

At this point, it's HIGHLY recommended that we bring this topic back in line before I delete it outright.

Dark Tyger
January 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM
You know how it is with forums... If it's more subtle than a 2x4 to the head, at least one person won't get it. :(

Naelaen
January 2nd, 2004, 06:20 PM
You know that's just gonna start a conversation about wooden planks :(

Erm back on topic, suppose colours aren't all that necessary on forums. Only time I've used them is to match in game colours (like purple for tells and stuff). However I do like how Woody uses them for edits.