PDA

View Full Version : Powerful Boobie Magic! (1/2)

Woody
January 2nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
Grouping with my guildmates a few days ago, we decided to go off and help an up and coming shadowknight get this level 49 spell she had to quest for.

Unsure of the difficulty of the final mob, we needed to get a powerful blaster to help us out. Well, the clerics hubby has just such a main but he'd either just got off of work, or had to go to work soon. I don't remember which. The point is, the poor bastard was sleeping; and, she was going to drag him out of bed to help. **grins** So, she said "let me see if I can convince him" and went AFK.

The shadowknight conveyed her idea of what the process of "convincing" him would be. So, when the cleric came back, and the wizard logged in soon after... I accused her of using boobie magic.

**nods**

It's POWERFUL magic... boobie magic.

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 05:23 AM
/grin

One of the most powerful magics known. /nods

Filan Fyretracker
January 2nd, 2004, 05:47 AM
(insert sick wizard staff joke here)

Lenghost
January 2nd, 2004, 05:48 AM
:)

No man shall escape!!! (And really, is that so bad?)

>>>>Lenghost

ancarett
January 2nd, 2004, 05:49 AM
Hehe. We female clerics have amazing powers of persuasion!

FoghornDeadhorn
January 2nd, 2004, 05:59 AM
The day my wife uses boobie magic on me to get me to start playing a game is the day I know I'm on my way to true happiness...

Karimi
January 2nd, 2004, 06:15 AM
A good counter weapon against Boobie magic is the Staff of power.

Duhulk
January 2nd, 2004, 06:48 AM
Sadly, the staff loses it's power fairly quickly, while the power of boobie magic is forever.

Naelaen
January 2nd, 2004, 06:56 AM
Blindfold
SV Boobies +200

Chain mail
SV Boobies -100

Getting out of bed to play computer games via boobie magic
Statless!

Hehehe, Naelaen hunts down this comic: http://www.gucomics.com/archives/view.php?cdate=20030612

Satrah
January 2nd, 2004, 07:00 AM
*chuckles* I thought boobie magic and the staff of power usually went together.

Well...they tend to work well together...or is that one leads to the other? Does it really matter? *grins mischievously*

So long as....well... I would finish..

Let's just say so long as things were highly pleasent. :lol:

Satrah

Enchanter
January 2nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
I have a friend that one time playing as a dwarf with luclin models on he looks down while running and says 'I am mesmorized by my own boobs'

try it, look down and run.

Realmreaver
January 2nd, 2004, 07:11 AM
Seems your humor is far better when related to your friends maybe cause it's more humorable and in jest when friends are involved I find this recent series a refreshing change

=)

Lancetheavatar
January 2nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
Boobie magic IS all powerful, BUT...

For me, it was always the "pout" (que dramatic "DUN DUN DUN" sound effect)

"No."
"Please? <pout>"
"...ok."

Elmora
January 2nd, 2004, 07:41 AM
Poutie magic is a sub-magic of boobie magic though.

MCW
January 2nd, 2004, 07:48 AM
I don't think I would fare well playing half-asleep, tried that once in FFXI, ended up with half the group dead and extended afk on my part.

Just adding somthing else to think about to the mix... zzzZZZzzzz zzZZZzzz zzzZZZzzzz zzZZz

fencat
January 2nd, 2004, 07:49 AM
lol, really enjoyed this comic. But damn had me sprayig milk on my monitor *sighs* ah well, I should have learned by now...

Lenardo
January 2nd, 2004, 07:50 AM
behold the power of boobies....

good one woody..

my guild has umm 4 married couples in it
m/f
cleric/shadowknight
shadowkinght/cleric
cleric/warrior
paladin/bard

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 08:04 AM
Boobie magic is good, I use that spell alot.
And staff of power comes after Boobie magic, how else do you think the staff works. Booie magic brings on strong staff magic. hehe hehe....Liked this one woody

Lirren
January 2nd, 2004, 08:30 AM
HAHAHAHA! I've actually used Boobie Magic on my hubby to get him to come help with the 10th Ring War for a friend when he really wanted to just sit and veg out in front of the TV. It does, indeed, work very well.

Of course, my guildmates also know now that, if I say I need to go AFK to wake hubby up for work, they shouldn't expect to see me back in less than an hour.

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 08:35 AM
HEH HEH.....Exactly

Dubheasa
January 2nd, 2004, 09:01 AM
ROFL Great comic as always, Woody. I think I like the explination just as much. Boobie magic always works for me, in game and out. :)

Thourantos
January 2nd, 2004, 09:21 AM
Ah, but boobie magic holds no sway over those who prefer the staff of power... For there, boobie magic is wasted (although still a good show for those watching).

Gothmatum
January 2nd, 2004, 09:43 AM
My wife doesn't even play EQ and she knows the power of boobie magic.

It's usually to drag me away from the computer.

Dravvan
January 2nd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Poutie magic is a sub-magic of boobie magic though.

And even more dangerous when they're combined!

Aurthur
January 2nd, 2004, 10:04 AM
It's funny you mention 'Boobie' magic...because with the recent changes to the EQ spell animations, they actually did sorta add boobies. I use a sceptre of destruction, which proc's Anarchy (an enchanter nuke)...and it has a very neat runic effect with flashing runes flying towards the target which change extremely rapidly.

A buddy of mine noticed that he thought he saw a pair of 'boobies' flash. I paid more attention, and noticed the same thing...as well as a cow...and that 'eye in a pyramid' symbol, and others. So a friend took a few screenshots with his enchanter and found:

http://www.dagon.net/eq/runes1.gif

Boobie magic! (note, the wizard spell 'Harvest' has the much the same graphic)

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 10:13 AM
Wow - that looks a lot like the totem the "eaters of the dead" used in the movie "The 13th Warrior".

Kind of a common fertility type icon.

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 10:47 AM
And Kat would know...heh heh

Hellfire99X
January 2nd, 2004, 10:56 AM
I'd make a crack about the name of the coveted scepter in the anime series, "Record of Lodoss War"... but I don't think it would be appropriate on these forums. So... I won't. :P

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 11:00 AM
HEH HEH...Yeah I think we are at our limit with the subject of the post as it is.
/grin

Zutan
January 2nd, 2004, 11:52 AM
im sure it could be very convinceing hehehe

pouty magic has no effect on me other than to bring bouts of laughter :).

which generaly brings on pummeling of my head from the pouty magic user... so its not good to be immune to such magic as pouty magic.. it hurts more :(

Serresrelic
January 2nd, 2004, 11:57 AM
*bows to the power of the boobie magic*

Nymph
January 2nd, 2004, 12:04 PM
That's right Men out there...
Respect and Recognize the power!!!!!
/giggles

Binaman
January 2nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
I so gotta get me a blindfold, that way I wont fail my saves nearly as bad!

Keaolien
January 2nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
yes, but if you do make your save, you then are banished to the dreaded sofa for awhile. I think I can live with being controled by the all-mighty boobie magic.

Rangor
January 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
I so gotta get me a blindfold, that way I waont fail my saves nearly as bad!

Would someone explain to me just why anyone would want to resist this wonderful of all magic ?

Velenka
January 2nd, 2004, 12:43 PM
Boobie Magic has the effect of INT -30 on the effected target. Not very good for wizards.

Serresrelic
January 2nd, 2004, 12:52 PM
Is it wrong to want to be controlled by the all powerful boobie magic? :D

Kat
January 2nd, 2004, 01:01 PM
Boobie Magic also has a Stun / Mez effect depending on the target's resistance.

Binaman
January 2nd, 2004, 01:04 PM
It is that whole mezz effect and the drooling it creates that I wish to avoid. That and I don't have to do things I don't want to if I make my saves IE take out the trash stop playing games ect ect ect.

Coffee
January 2nd, 2004, 04:27 PM
I have a high resist to boobie magic, but in all honesty I usually give in anyway...more fun.

Shas'O Belitsar
January 2nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Foghorn Deadhorn said<

"The day my wife uses boobie magic on me to get me to start playing a game is the day I know I'm on my way to true happiness... "

To which I can only add a hearty "HERE HERE!"

Are you reading this, dear?

Naelaen
January 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Would someone explain to me just why anyone would want to resist this wonderful of all magic ?

It can be summed up with one word: Shopping :E

There's also watching chick flicks and soaps instead of watching the football, but that's another matter entirely :)

Ciarin
January 2nd, 2004, 05:05 PM
<insert boob joke here>

haha.

Laston
January 2nd, 2004, 05:27 PM
never been subjected to boobie magic, doubt i will either :wink:

Quartz
January 2nd, 2004, 05:27 PM
Boobie Magic also has a Stun / Mez effect depending on the target's resistance.

Also has an AOE of inter mob aggro if more than one target is mezzed, increased effects if the spell components are promised to another.

I always prefer the Mezz effect of chocolate with the Regen of coffee.

Boobies has a far too long recast time.

Evil_Gondi
January 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
The day anyone gets me and tells me to play a game is a great day.

And this item, male brain, gives me sv boobie -400.

Evil

Bisuketto
January 2nd, 2004, 07:37 PM
Yes, Boobie magic has no saving throw. It is unresistable.

Tenolein
January 2nd, 2004, 09:16 PM
I lub the boobie magic. =)

Nosferatu
January 2nd, 2004, 11:12 PM
This is definately going to be a classic. It's now on my list of top 10 GU Comics of all time. *smile*

January 2nd, 2004, 11:23 PM
Mmmmmm... Boobie Magic....... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shiach_gaidin
January 3rd, 2004, 03:49 AM
Yes, I have to agree, but I have a ted brain item which is sv boobie -4000

Elmora
January 3rd, 2004, 04:45 AM
I had a buddy fall asleep on us one time, in EQ, we were in our 20's in Mistmoore, the secret room. He was our only inviser. (We were waiting on the ingot spawn for one of the cleric quest items, forget which now.) Anyways he fell asleep and our invis started dropping, he was nowhere to be seen. We basically all died. Ever after we called what he did after him, for YEARS afterward.

Deathbane27
January 3rd, 2004, 10:39 AM
*prefers bootie magic*

rayfinkle
January 3rd, 2004, 11:27 AM
maybe thats my problem not enough 'Boobie Magic' users in my life.

Velenka
January 3rd, 2004, 11:31 AM
Rofl... Booty-magic is teh win. Shake it, shake it..

Twyll Oathtaker
January 3rd, 2004, 11:34 AM
Boobie magic is a clickie. You can never have enough clickies! =)

Reymi_VZ
January 3rd, 2004, 06:21 PM
I think having real breasts gives you an innate resistant to the "boobie magic."
What do I have no resistance against?

AB MAGIC. A guys abs that you can break your fingernails on while running them down his abdomen.

Excuse me - just distracted myself. Sucks that I am home alone today!

Shrineerune
January 3rd, 2004, 10:32 PM
Boobie magic can't touch me, but I fail my save vs. accent every time.

The moment NPCs start having the ability to converse like Lucy (http://www.speak2me.net/IMAGES/indexlucy2.swf) (an AI program that I think would rock if it would work for games like everquest) and speak with an accent, I'm in trouble. The right accent could make me do ANY ol' quest. haha

Penguin (:>(O ):
January 4th, 2004, 08:27 AM
/nod

something to think about. Look up the ornate robe for mages. It summons a mod rod... Just think how that rod got there.

Quartz
January 4th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Boobies have a -50 resistance to chocolate, -100 to soap operas and -400 to shopping.

Hence my place in the Bazaar. ;->

ancarett
January 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Chocolate. . . oooo, that's my weakness. I think I have an innate -50 to chocolate to begin with!

rimedragona
January 5th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Boobie magic can't touch me, but I fail my save vs. accent every time.

The moment NPCs start having the ability to converse like Lucy (http://www.speak2me.net/IMAGES/indexlucy2.swf) (an AI program that I think would rock if it would work for games like everquest) and speak with an accent, I'm in trouble. The right accent could make me do ANY ol' quest. haha

Exactly. ^_^ Get someone to speak to me with an accent, and I'm putty... *sigh*

Rime

rillaith
January 5th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Ever since a fateful journey to the northern halls of Veeshan's temple, where we cruelly slaughtered her kin, I've found myself acidentally mezzing many members of my guild of the male persuasion with a variation of this accidentally cast when turning my back to them - Thong Magic. Oh yes. Only SOE's imagination could cause a sweet half elf lass like myself to wind up looking more undressed when wearing leather leggings than when I'm greeting the Soulbinder! (eh, Azzi? I'm pretty sure you lurk here, and you SO know what I mean!)

Dari

Catila Amano
January 5th, 2004, 12:04 PM
For some reason, as a Gnome, if I try to use boobie magic on others, it doesn't work (except on other Gnomes and the occational Human). And usually, I just get laughed at. :(

Twyll Oathtaker
January 7th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Now I know why a "Sister Sandwich" works so well, it's Boobie Magic x2.

"Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated..into Boobie Magic!"

Nymph
January 8th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Now I know why a "Sister Sandwich" works so well, it's Boobie Magic x2.

"Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated..into Boobie Magic!" That is just wrong..LOL!!

Callynea
January 9th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Being said cleric with wizzy hubby, I'll clear up the fact that I did not drag him out of bed. Said wizzy had just returned home from 12 hr shift and i dragged him away from relaxing in front of the tv to play with me which we all know is far more imortant. As far as actually using boobie magic on him to do this....I'll never tell, you'll never know *wink*

Cally

Mordican
January 9th, 2004, 11:38 AM
you know the funny part about this is a thread about boobies is yielding one of the longer comic discussion threads in recent history :)

Woody
January 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Behold the power of boobies.

Takara
January 9th, 2004, 03:29 PM
AND the staying power of boobies!

*grins*

Mordican
January 9th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Unfortunatly this thread will start to sag sooner or later. Unless we get it the proper support it needs.

:shock:

Raven00x
January 9th, 2004, 03:42 PM
championship cups (http://www.gucomics.com/archives/view.php?cdate=20030501) may be just what it needs!

John Dyne
January 9th, 2004, 04:05 PM
No one can resist the magic of Lucky Charms.

Ha ha. Zing.

Tenolein
January 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Behold the power of boobies
That reminds me of the commercial on tv where they say, "For centuries man has speculated that the moon was made of cheese. In 1969, man has sent a shuttle to the moon only to find out it was made of rock... We haven't been back since."

Such a good commercial.

LowerClassBrat
January 9th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Boobies do not effect me MuhAhhaHAh!!

Woody
January 9th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Now I remember why I try to avoid boobie commentary. There's a fine line we walk between humerous innuendo and juvenile drooling.

And, since I'm not intelligent enough to explain exactly where that line is... We'll just relegate this thread to the "Whoops what the hell was I thinking" bin.