PDA

View Full Version : The Inspirational Music for Slaying Fell Beasts

BlackMage
January 3rd, 2004, 10:23 PM
On the LOTR:ROTK video game, if you leave it on the "Press Start" screen for a while, it will play a short video of various levels. The music in this video is my most favorite piece in the entire series. It inspires you when you play Warcraft III, Diablo II, or another fantasy-ish game. Atleast for me it does :).

*Edit*: Too much Knights of the Old Republic

Kelori
January 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Lord of the rings: KOTR? return of the king, backwards? And yes, the music in that game was really nice. Entertained me for a good while.

BlackMage
January 4th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I forgot to ask my question, :P, what was the name of the song.

Zeal
January 4th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I was thinking it stood for King of the Ring...

First I thought "The Hobbit"...then I thought it was a Lord of the Rings Boxing Game...Some Typos make you think scary stuff

But yeah...that music is done pretty well...if Its the same from the movie...

If not...I don't know what it sounds like :evil:

Rangor
January 4th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Lord of the Rings : King of the Ring

First round - Frodo vs the orc cheif

Ummm... Someone wipe up the hobbit smear from the floor...

(-=Phoenix=-)
January 4th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Lol, Rangor

Tigernach
January 5th, 2004, 02:45 AM
For those of you (like myself) who are Truly "Old School" that play/played real RPG's... many might remember having certain tunes playing in the background... Same concepts apply to EQ so here is a link to a site that has a list of many, many tunes that apply to different parts of gaming... Found myself nodding "Yes" to many of them... Music Ideas (http://www.gamewyrd.com/music/)

Penguin (:>(O ):
January 9th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Yes along with the fact that the game roxxors the music is nice. (except i dont like Legolas' voice)

Zarithar
January 10th, 2004, 09:48 AM
I don't have a link to it... but one of my all time favorite video game tunes comes from Final Fantasy 3 (US). I't called:

Terra (world of balance theme) by Nobuo Uematsu. Anyone who has played FF3 should remember this one... very nice.

Bombless
January 10th, 2004, 10:40 AM
I have a playlist of about 300 mp3s going on when i play Eq (on random). Last night i was raiding Ntov with a couple of peeps (fun raid!). We were beating down Dagarn the Destroyer. And right then the player loaded The RotK: The end of all things. I have to say this transformed the rather easy/uninteresting fight in an epic battle for the survival of the wolrd :D

If you do not own the RotK OST then i strongly suggest that you get it!!

Kelori
January 10th, 2004, 04:35 PM
OST?

*edit* took out my monster sized signature .. a new improved druid is on the way..

BlackMage
January 10th, 2004, 05:02 PM
So, does anyone know the name of the song?

Bombless
January 12th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Ost = original soundtrack :)

Binaman
January 12th, 2004, 07:13 AM
http://www.ocremix.org/downloadmix.php
great remix of Terra's Theme from FF3 A must hear for the die hard FF3 fans such as me

BlackMage
January 12th, 2004, 10:12 AM
I can't pull 'er back, were going off track!

Stop 'yer rhyming, this wouldn't have happened if you weren't whining!

This thread is derailing, oh my!

KiTA
January 12th, 2004, 10:05 PM
http://www.ocremix.org/downloadmix.php
great remix of Terra's Theme from FF3 A must hear for the die hard FF3 fans such as me

Yeah, but, um, Which one? There's like 3 Terra's Theme Remixes there.