PDA

View Full Version : It's from the Exorcist (1/7)

Woody
January 7th, 2004, 05:15 AM
I'm sure plenty of you realize it already, but for those of you that have no idea what's up... I'm referring to Vhah's final line in the comic. It's a derivation of a quote from the movie the exorcist.

To explain further, the warrior evasive ability allows a warrior to avoid being smacked around so much at the cost of not being able to lay down any smackage himself.

So, I can think of any better way to avoid getting hit than to have a cute cuddly teddybear to diffuse the situation.

This do we see our noble friend Mr.Binkybear come to Vhah's rescue.

Now... say nice things about the strip...

The power of the binkybear compels you!
THE POWER OF THE BINKYBEAR COMPELS YOU!

MCW
January 7th, 2004, 05:17 AM
I can just see some of those Taru guys being mistaken for teddy bears.

there goes all that provoke skills the warriors have, lol

good job Woody

Velenka
January 7th, 2004, 05:18 AM
*cuddles Mr. Binkybear*

Nosferatu
January 7th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Lo, and the power of the BinkyBear shall be great. Great enough, so that the power of the BoobieMagic can even be overcome!

Woody
January 7th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Boobie Magic overcome? Surely you jest.

MCW
January 7th, 2004, 05:25 AM
mhahaha . . *points to women* you may think you have us beat with your boobie magic! But behold to might soft bear.

*sigh* we still can't win can we... *puts down bear and surrenders will*

Enchanter
January 7th, 2004, 06:15 AM
I love that Binkybear, sorry MR Binkybear.. =)

Naelaen
January 7th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Must....say....nice...things... bink...y...bear...compels.....

whilst the power of Mr. Binkybear is > boobie magic, the power of them combined is surely unstoppable?

Kat
January 7th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Oooh Woody that leaves it open for the MOB to say something horrible about what Vhah's mother does in Hell. ( another Exorcist movie reference )

I always like the Vhah comics, especially with Mr. Binkybear.

Nymph
January 7th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Binkybear and boobie magic combined , Men be warned. Your will is no longer your own.

* hugs binkybear to bosom *

HEH HEH HEH !!!!!

Kelori
January 7th, 2004, 08:53 AM
awwww a cute cuddly teddybear! I wanna Binkybear! Gimme! *giggle* :lol:

Nlannie
January 7th, 2004, 09:26 AM
hahaha. Is voiddance (monk discipline) the same?

Mordican
January 7th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Boobie Magic overcome? Surely you jest.

If I remember correctly it was Binky that maed Vah get up and move around again... Not the boobie magic from the chick trying to compell him to move...

Binky > Boobie

Kudane
January 7th, 2004, 10:21 AM
The power of the binkybear compels you!

Aaaarrrrrrrrrggghhhh

Your mother sews socks in wells!!!!

(anyone who has seen exorcist knows the real line.. but this one is funnier)

Billybobtheranger
January 7th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Edit...he fixed it :)

Oh and Funny Comic today, I actually have to use evasive on my warrior sometimes when the cleric is slacking....Ok well When I pull 4 mobs and tank them all.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 7th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Ranger? Tank? Surely you jest.

*grin*

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Billybobtheranger
January 7th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Kellogs TEK (special title) is the warrior, In reality my druid used to be a ranger. which is why he's a druid

Naelaen
January 7th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Hehe, that because you started Earthcaller, ended up with the Nature Walker's Scimitar, thought what the hell, retired your bow and took up a shield? :D

Billybobtheranger
January 7th, 2004, 01:31 PM
haha no actually..I retired the original Iendidar Gallantry (ranger 26) surprisingly right after the Hybrid xp penalty was taken away..then i quit the game for a while...then came back clean slate as a druid named iendidar sowmany , got to 45...quit game for a while...came back leveled to 59 and am now doing AA's :)

I was playin the ranger....geez so far back...even before Kunark came out.
I think i made the right choice hehe.

Quartz
January 7th, 2004, 01:41 PM
I sense a binkybear appearing in the GU shop just in time for Easter.......

Pedula_Bristle
January 7th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah but just imagine if ur ranger was 65 with eq/am3.....

TalonNYC
January 7th, 2004, 02:20 PM
I was always a fan of "Repossessed"

"I cast the back to hell!
to hell!
I cast the back to hell!
to hell!
I cast the back to hell!!

Why don't you leave me a picture and resume at the door, i'll get back to you okay?"

Now, BinkeyBear wouldn't stand for that sort of thing. . .

Aorthaf Pharazon
January 7th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I think I need a Mr. Binkybear for my warrior :D

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 7th, 2004, 02:31 PM
You did a great job tanking, as I recall Aorthaf ;)

Woody
January 7th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Quartz... I sense you're wrong.

Aorthaf Pharazon
January 7th, 2004, 02:38 PM
I'm decent :) Nice pic

Pedula_Bristle
January 7th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Rofl woody.. what no binky bear in the shop.. now what am I going to get my fiancee...

Quartz
January 7th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Quartz... I sense you're wrong.

Dag...well perhaps it should 8)

TalonNYC
January 7th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Or a BinkyBear t-shirt instead?

demongoat
January 7th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Repossessed was awsome.. hey only spoof i've seen with the actor/ess from the spoofed movie.. nothing like leslie nelson though :)

I need to see exorcist again been too long..

do only warriors get a mr binkybear?
My pally needs some help :) tough to be a froggy pally sometimes :P

Penguin (:>(O ):
January 7th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Bah warriors, if you could KEEP the aggro sometimes maybe rogues wouldnt need a binkybear themselves PEH! spfft.

If i had money i'd tell you what i'd do, I'd go online and buy some tshirts for me and you.

I hate no allowance, i cant buy your t-shirts Woody

Gozak
January 7th, 2004, 02:54 PM
MR. Binkybear! Never could resist the power of the bear... although booby magic is pretty powerful as well.

I would love to see a teaddy bear in EQ. They have doll animations, so why can't they just change it around a little? It would be so cool...

Serresrelic
January 7th, 2004, 02:59 PM
*In his best Agent Smith voice*

Welcome back Mr. Binkybear. We missed you.

Raven00x
January 7th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Mr. binkybear teddy....combining the power of boobie magic with binkybear...

what? it could work.

Woody
January 7th, 2004, 03:42 PM
A rogue that grabs aggro from a warrior is a rogue that doesn't know how to use evade.

Aerinha
January 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM
My rogue has gotten aggro, but usually only for a second or if evade fails(she's still young and learning). It makes a difference who is tanking though. She is still doing pick-up groups in Dawnshroud, and the tanks opposite her on the mob vary on twinkage from OMG! to still wearing patchwork depending on who is in zone that day. The ones who are twinked by their level 65 mains don't lose aggo no matter what I backstab for even without using my evade. The tanks with patchwork or banded....well...I evade alot. However, I have thought that the healer may prefer my moderately twinked rogue to have aggo; she has more HP.

MCW
January 7th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I think I missed somthing, was there any refrence to the bear before this comic?

I thought the bear only worked on women, most of us men are immune to cute bears.... but I could be wrong.

M}

TalonNYC
January 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
It worked on Vhah several times, check the archives for the various BinkyBear sightings.

Raven00x
January 7th, 2004, 04:14 PM
i try to avoid aggro like the plague, but you still have those times when the moons line up, and evade fails repeatedly, as it is wont to do. Of course, when it does work again (after i'm praising bristlebane for giving me so much HP/STA gear), it works like a charm.

Woody
January 7th, 2004, 04:43 PM
My rogue comment was a gross generalization just like the warrior comment that caused it.

It's sentiment like that, that makes me want to throttle people.

I have decent gear. I have decent weapons. And, 95% of the time, I can keep aggro off of people (if they're doing their job).

Mordican
January 7th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Aye... Fade is a requirement for Rogues just as concussion is for Wizards. Sadly not all DPS classes have those abilities... (Rangers get Jolt... Necros get FD... SKs get FD... Pallies aren't DPS... O wait... Mages are the only DPS class that don't get agro avoidance... MY BAD!!!)

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 7th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I honestly didnt use concussion that much. I was just careful about the timing of my nukes. I always made sure to let the melees get in a fair amount of damage before I started nuking. About the only time I found that I needed concussion was in indoor zones where I had to sit instead of using my horse. My horse was my best friend when it came to agro, because I rarely got agro until I sat down after nuking. Horse = no need to sit, so no sit agro.

Bisuketto
January 7th, 2004, 05:37 PM
*smile*

Ahhh... Mr. BinkyBear has compelled me. No one can resist something so cute.

demongoat
January 7th, 2004, 05:51 PM
hey now mord don't start on the pallies now.. i will have to smack ya around if you do :P just kidding of course :)

Velenka
January 7th, 2004, 06:02 PM
whilst the power of Mr. Binkybear is > boobie magic, the power of them combined is surely unstoppable?

*evil laugh*....Workin' it (http://velenka.digital-panda.net/unfair.jpg) Don't kill me, I cranked that out in 2 minutes flat..

Naelaen
January 7th, 2004, 06:04 PM
do only warriors get a mr binkybear?
My pally needs some help :) tough to be a froggy pally sometimes :P

Wouldn't Frogloks get a Kermit? :D

Velenka DO NOT FINISH THAT PICTURE! You know not of the powers that you would unleash! :lol:

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 7th, 2004, 06:07 PM
LOL Vel, you rock :)

Tuvan
January 7th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Awesome comic today....

I am now changing my Jolt emote from:
/em waves his hand like a jedi master
/say This is not the Ranger you are looking for...

to...

/em calls upon the magic of Mr. Binkybear
/say The power of the Binkybear compels you!

Hunter Tuvan
Order of Antondwer
Vazaelle

Elmora
January 7th, 2004, 06:33 PM
OMG Vel, that's priceless, especially the fuzzing around the boobies:)

Coffee
January 7th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Great comic Woody.
Great idea Vel.

Now I just need someone to try that one on me.

Billybobtheranger
January 7th, 2004, 08:43 PM
*You have been Stunned by a Velenka boobie magic attack*

*You have been edited by the Obvious look at the damn name mob*

Coffee
January 7th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Ahem, ah, Billybob, it's Velenka.

Spindrift
January 7th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Here's an obscure reference.

The pelvis of Elvis compels you.

Anywho I forgot the show's name.

Nymph
January 7th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Vel that was an awesome pick got a great laugh...
:wink:

Pedula_Bristle
January 8th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Thanks Vel I needed that laugh after tonighs xping well neg xping that is.. NEVER again will I do pick up ldon's. never....

Radical Edward
January 8th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Radical Edward: Will Save vs Boobies: *failure*: (7-4=3 vs. DC: 20)

Belelslooth
January 8th, 2004, 01:43 AM
There is only one thing a mob can say when confronted with 'the bear':

"There all the honour lies..."

Nosferatu
January 8th, 2004, 02:34 AM
I polled 100, 6 month old babies. Most of them chose to say something like, "Gah". But that's not important.

The results showed a fairly even spread between choosing BoobieMagic or BinkyBearMagic. Of course, I think the time of day had something to do with that. Further experimentation will be required.

Pedula_Bristle
January 8th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Yes but are they on the nipple or on the bottle.. preference to boobie magic might be applied to those who are taking the natural route to feeding... And whats your control grp?

Satrah
January 8th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Combine boobie magic and Mr. Binkybear.....I wonder what I could get to have happen here...*ponders* *begins to plot*

*grins evilly* *hides grin*

*feigns innocence*

Satrah

Nosferatu
January 8th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Flaws abound, Pedula! My experiments will have to be redone, over and over! I'm gladly taking volunteers on the "BoobieMagic" team. *grin* (oh, come on, that was a huge setup, I couldn't pass that up)

Mihos
January 8th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Woody (and other Prexus players) - there's a halfling, I'm going to guess a Druid from the looks of her, running around on Prexus named:

Thepowerofcheese Compellsyou

::shrug:: That's the first thing I thought when I read the comic.

(I also like the barbarian I've seen named Haveacookie Theyredelicious.)

Awesome comic, Woody. Can't say I use Evasive much, but I might have to /em whips out Mr. Binkybear and /say Not me! Go find Vhah! if I do.

Belelslooth
January 8th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Ehm... just curious, but what would happen if a warrior goes Evasive, and a wizard goes nuclear?

*SPLAT*?

Naelaen
January 8th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Mr Binkybear would save them.

Wizards should only go nuclear once the power of Mr Binkybear has compelled the mob not to attack anyone else.

Mr Binkybear has but one weakness, the baby child. Unafraid of the powers of Binkybear, babies proceed to rip off buttons and ears, showing no mercy until it is replaced with a Teletubby. Babies however, have little or no resistance to boobie magic, to the point where sucking on boobies becomes a regular event, the baby equating boobies with food and thus survival.

Radical Edward
January 8th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Our task is clear then, the babies must be destroyed.

**edit syntax error

TalonNYC
January 8th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Huh?

o_O

Velenka
January 8th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Rofl, RE. That's so wrong 'n' random....

Pedula_Bristle
January 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM
But yet so right when u take it in the context of the argument... rather scary......

Nosf, sigh i guess i'll test boobies over and over.. sacrafice to the cause it would seem.

Nymph
January 8th, 2004, 04:13 PM
But yet so right when u take it in the context of the argument... rather scary......

Nosf, sigh i guess i'll test boobies over and over.. sacrafice to the cause it would seem. Some sacrafice !!!!!!

LOL!!!!

Billybobtheranger
January 8th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Yeah but just imagine if ur ranger was 65 with eq/am3.....

true....but then i would have had to put up with the whole ranger uselessness phase of EQ...where noone wanted them at all...now they get by hehe

Pedula_Bristle
January 8th, 2004, 04:36 PM
well yeah but that was only for like 3 of the 4ish years....

Quartz
January 8th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Ranger walks into a bar...

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

*grins*

Tenolein
January 8th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I heard that one before Quartz.. =/

Some of you people need to think up of some more ranger jokes.. I'm getting sick of hearing all the old ones. =P

Naw, I'm not taking TOO much offense about you poking fun at me... [inappropriate comment removed]

Ciarin
January 8th, 2004, 08:20 PM
0_o

Evil_Gondi
January 8th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Vel - I'm not worthy! I'm not Worthy! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Naelaen
January 9th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Vel - I'm not worthy! I'm not Worthy! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

:lol:

We rangers are quite respectable now. Even if it takes several AAs to become so :(