PDA

View Full Version : Greeting People

Evil_Gondi
January 8th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I'm bored and curious. A very bad combination that could turn voilent at any moment. But at the moment I am wondering, do you do anything to your friends when you greet them? For example hugs. I hug my friends when I meet them. Unless they're male, then I just kick em. Sounds mean, but it's what we do. Just wondering. Now if you excuse me, theres a caffeine drink with my name on it.

Evil

*Edited for clarity*

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 8th, 2004, 07:06 PM
My best friend does that head nod thing and calls me "cracker" -- he's weird though

Erling E.
January 8th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I pretty much just say "Hi, how are you" :-)

Us males..

Evil_Gondi
January 8th, 2004, 08:40 PM
What do you mean by "us males"??
You think I'm a chick or something?
If you do, you're wrong.
If not, reread first line.

Evil

Wooleen Shadowraith
January 8th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I get socked each time a friend sees me :) (ina playful sort of violent way)

I just bonk em or scare the crap outta em =)

Binaman
January 8th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Me and my pals like to make grunting noises and sound off with our drinking names! The Intangable Bulk!
My lady and I like to hug and give a little kissy poo hehe

LowerClassBrat
January 8th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I tip my bowler to them and do a small bow and say.

"Hello droogie (if there a girl devotchkas)"

If i greet my girlfriend i usually hug her and say

"hey love"

Coffee
January 8th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Sorry, but varies by mood and situation to quite a degree.

Woody
January 8th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I hug my friends, male and female alike.

Ciarin
January 9th, 2004, 12:08 AM
I hug.

sometimes I pounce....teehee...

If it's just an acquaintance, I'll do the head nod thing and say "'sup?".

Reymi_VZ
January 9th, 2004, 12:49 AM
We air kiss.

We are more sincere when we say goodbye. Then we hug and kiss on the cheek.

Billybobtheranger
January 9th, 2004, 12:54 AM
I do the hand slap and pull to shoulder hit with ma boys....girls, I hug, lift'em up, throw'em around...REAL friendly like

Velenka
January 9th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I mostly hug, though if I'm having a don't-touch-me-fool day, it's just a nice grip on the shoulders and some eye contact :) The boyfriend usually gets a big smile and a "Baby!" with a hug and kiss.

Cougarshand
January 9th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Same as Woody . . . hugs for all. I'm generally a pretty physical/tactile sort of fellow, as are the majority of my friends and family. Co-workers get the "'sup" upwards head jerk. Those I don't really know at all get the downward head tilt/nod, and a "Ma'am" or "Sir" tagged on it.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
January 9th, 2004, 11:41 AM
I'm kinda picky about who I hug. I have about 2 or 3 friends that I hug, the rest get the head nod thing.

Raven00x
January 9th, 2004, 11:44 AM
downward nod with a "Sir" or "Ma'am" for people i don't really know, upward tilt of the head (more like an upward jerk of the chin...) and something like "snoogans" or the like for friends*. hugs are generally reserved for special people in my life.

*just because i find jay and silent bob funny, and so do most of my friends.

Tenolein
January 9th, 2004, 12:20 PM
I dunno what I do really. I guess I just mostly ignore everybody execpt when I'm in a good mood. Then I do the whole, "Hey man" thing.

For my girl, I mostly just give her a hug.

And my friends, usually nothing, except my best friends, which I say some pretty R-XXX rated stuff.

Evil_Gondi
January 9th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Most of the time I don't even get greeted with a hug, it's mostly just hitting eachother with belts and the like. They hurt. I remember I broke my necklace doing that.

Evil