PDA

View Full Version : Eq problems

Ciarin
January 10th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Thanks to DocBobo for sending me the game, because I couldn't install it from my CD.

But I still get an error when trying to register an account. It says error 0015: My station is already taken or my password is invalid. I've tried many different names and passwords and I keep getting the same error.

Hopefully one of y'all can help me.

Kelori
January 10th, 2004, 09:34 AM
hmm, I think that means that there are millions of EQ accounts and what you are trying is taken. *sigh* You will most likely find the same joy when trying to get a name of a character through the naming filter. It takes me ages to find the right spelling of the name I would like.

Keep trying!

Ciarin
January 10th, 2004, 09:43 AM
No one could possibly have the names I tried:

Ciarineq

Ciarineqsucks

Ciarinihatethis

ciarin7

ciarin7777

ciarin70958459

ciarinpissesmeoff

ciaringrlgggrgeel

so.......maybe it was my password:

gw10
gw1000
gw100000
gw10999
gw1090098

I even tried using my name as a name and password.

annabucci

so, if anyone has my name as their name and/or password then that would be really weird.

Bombless
January 10th, 2004, 09:53 AM
i think it's your password Ciarin. I've had password troubles too.

Pike Tha Blodd
January 10th, 2004, 10:50 AM
drop a kitty on yer keyboard, then request your password sent after you get an account set, then change it after you are registered (ive actually done this several times, works like a charm....good kitty)

p.s. copy and paste the first password as you have no idea what that sinister little fluffball typed

Sham
January 10th, 2004, 10:58 AM
*bursts out laughing* Does that really work, Pike?

I'd try it with my own cat, just for fun, but he weighs about nineteen pounds.

Catila Amano
January 10th, 2004, 12:55 PM
One question: Did you set up an account with the Station (on the Station site) before setting it up in EQ? I don't know if it's necessary, but maybe it would help. That's how I did it almost 5 years ago, but they have probably simplified the process a lot since then.

Anyways, try setting up your account through the Station (www.station.sony.com) first, and then using your Station name to log into EQ. Hopefully that will work.

PS: for extra security, don't use a Station name that will be the same (or similar) to a character name.

Ciarin
January 10th, 2004, 12:56 PM
I signed up for the station name on the sony site first.

Same error, :(

Ciarin
January 10th, 2004, 01:57 PM
UPDATE:

Thanks Togashi!!!!

I created a warrior barbarian chick. Her name is Ciarin.

YAY!!!!

Now, I gotta figure out how to play....

*reads the new user guide*

btw, the graphics are somewhat.....less quality than I'm used to, but I can get passed that.

John Dyne
January 10th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Just wondering, which expansions do you have? I admit, the environments (At least in the old world areas) are a bit sub-par to today's graphics, but the character models are on par with at least Unreal 2003. Which doesn't say much, I suppose..

It seems the complete opposite with DAoC. DAoC has beautiful environments, but the character models are no more than they need to be.

Ciarin
January 10th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Everquest trilogy.

Ruins of kunark, and scars of velious expansions.

Raven00x
January 10th, 2004, 02:33 PM
the other question would be, what server?

Ciarin
January 10th, 2004, 02:46 PM
oh! It's prexius, I think.....

or prexus...prex-something....

If anyone could help me play who happens to be on that server, that would be appreciated.....

John Dyne
January 10th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Prexus? That's Woody's server, I believe, along with Takara's and a few other forum goers. I'm sure you could get some help along the line.

And yeah. Trilogy has asstastic graphics. They're good for times when you're jammed in tight with a lot of people, but the Luclin models are a major improvement, I'd say. The new Tunare models should be good, too.

Tenolein
January 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Yea Ciarin, too bad ya didn't get EverQuest: Evolution. I believe its just as cheap as Trilogy, but has all the expansions except LDoN.

I'm on Prexus server as well, but I have problems going link dead playing because of Win98. I wouldn't be able to help out much as I LD too much.

But if I see ya online, I'll be sure to send ya a tell. =)

Coffee
January 10th, 2004, 05:28 PM
So here I was thinking "May as well re-install the game and give it another whirl" when I go looking through my discs I cannot find the basic everquest disc to start the installation proccess.
*sigh*

togashi
January 10th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Actually, as long as you have kunark, it'll install everything...it was made to be a stand-alone.

Erling E.
January 10th, 2004, 06:21 PM
*hugs his press account*

Now I can talk to Ciarin in-game! :-)

For free, too.

ancarett
January 11th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I still have all my disks up through SOL (I quit just after POP went live and didn't buy that). Eldest daughter bugs me every so often to reinstall and resub but I tell her that finances and time dictate only one MMORPG at a time.

But even DAoC isn't the pull it once was -- not so much the game itself (though the ToA expansion wasn't great, in my opinion) but the press of all the other things in my life. I'm spending too many evenings writing lectures or overheads for the next day's classes. Damn this RL! ;)

Nymph
January 11th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah I got the evolution and Kat got mad because she paid umpteen million dollars for each one. She, and Ravon have been helpping me out on luclin server, but if any of the rest of you do play there as well let me know, cause i could use some help.
:smile:

Tenolein
January 11th, 2004, 02:35 PM
My first character, Tenolien, is on Luclin, but I hardly play on Luclin. And he's a nekkid wood elf ranger at level 12. =)

Enchanter
January 11th, 2004, 05:57 PM
does EQIM work still?

Nymph
January 11th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I dunno? :boggle:

Velenka
January 11th, 2004, 08:02 PM
You mean it worked to begin with???

*ptoo* on EQIM.

Bombless
January 12th, 2004, 02:12 AM
hey, EqIm worked fine when i was using it. (granted, it was quite some time ago)

Gnomish
January 12th, 2004, 02:45 AM
uh.. what EQIM?

my Cousin (big time AC player) Just ordered EQ:Evolution, and bought LDoN in the store! ^_^ he says that he probly gonna get Evolution in the UPS later today ^_^ yay!

John Dyne
January 12th, 2004, 02:52 AM
EQ Insant Messenger. Lets you converse in chat channels and send tells without actually being in game.

FuzzyBear
January 12th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Get it Here (http://www.loonbeam.net/eqsoa/filelib/eqim.exe)

Loon swears that since SoE took it off of their site, he gets more Downloads of it per month than anything else.

and, umm. It works better now than it did at first in some ways.

After a bunch of people /feedback'ed Sony, they changed one little detail.

There's a command in EQ

;invis

It toggles your invisibility to EQIM users (;invis on or ;invis off)
It was set default to ;invis on. They changed it finally so that it defaults to off, now when people are online, they actually show up on EQIM.

using chat channels on EQIM is a lot buggier than it used to be now, and in order to use EQIM, you still have to have an active Everquest account in good standing.

Enjoy, and try not to pass the link on too much, he pays for bandwidth too.

DocBobo
January 12th, 2004, 03:07 AM
So here I was thinking "May as well re-install the game and give it another whirl" when I go looking through my discs I cannot find the basic everquest disc to start the installation proccess.

We could always do what worked for Ciarin: I send you the everquest.exe to an email-address of your choice, and you download the complete game from the patch servers with it.
It worked for Ciarin, it worked for me, I don't see why it wouldn't work for you... you still remember your station name and password, do you? :D

Come to think of it... does anyone know if you need to have Luclin downloaded to see the new models? Maybe that's why Ciarin has "sub-par" graphics when playing EQ.

John Dyne
January 12th, 2004, 03:14 AM
You have to actually have Luclin registered on your account to get the improved graphics. I got my cousin into the game a year or so ago, and he complained about the graphics after I had gotten home. That boggled me, because I had installed every expansion I had on his computer. So when I got back to his house the next day, he was right: he had Luclin installed, but old world graphics. He could even toggle the models, but it had no effect in game. So, I got him Luclin as a gift, and wham. His DE went from blocky to smooth, and he enjoyed it.

Pedula_Bristle
January 12th, 2004, 04:50 AM
I remember being able to download everquest.exe off napster to play when i lost my cd's.. course it took my old dial up 47 hrs to completly download and patch old world and kunark. man those two days sucked...