PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop song question

Mordican
January 13th, 2004, 11:15 PM
I haev this one stuck in my head and cannot get rid of it so natrually I need to know what it is so I can DL it.

the episode where edward leaves them on earth that has Jet and Spike chowing down on eggs and Faye at the trashed mansion... What is that song that is playing in the background?

Radical Edward
January 14th, 2004, 12:34 AM
I think the one your looking for is called "Call Me, Call Me"

This (http://www.jazzmess.com/merch/cds/blue/callme.html) has good info on what songs are played.

(-=Phoenix=-)
January 14th, 2004, 10:25 AM
while we're on this topic, whats the opening song to the cowboy bebop movie?

Raven00x
January 14th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Ask DNA

*starts playing an air-electric-keyboard*

Mordican
January 14th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Many Thanks, I have obtained my copy :wink:

Evil_Gondi
January 14th, 2004, 07:03 PM
The opening song is Tank. My contact at another school is getting me the marching music for it.

Evil

Zeal
January 15th, 2004, 09:17 AM
OMG...sweet...you guys are gonna play that in yer marching band??

:twisted:

Raven00x
January 15th, 2004, 09:47 AM
i'm just pondering how they'll do a marching bass...

John Dyne
January 15th, 2004, 10:33 AM
They'll probably use a synth or something. Or put the guy with the bass on wheels and drag him along behind the marching band.

Raven00x
January 15th, 2004, 10:39 AM
ahhh, i sees.
I had these terrible visions of a guy with an electric bass taking a step, then pluckin a note or two, then taking another step...ad nauseum.
*resumes playing the air keyboard*

(-=Phoenix=-)
January 15th, 2004, 11:53 AM
i downloaded Tank, and it didnt sound the same as the song on the movie... hrm.

Raven00x
January 15th, 2004, 11:59 AM
the opening song to the movie is "Ask DNA", opening song to the series is "Tank!".

(-=Phoenix=-)
January 15th, 2004, 12:41 PM
wow, i feel stupid now.... Lol. thought you were telling me to ask another forum member, and i was like... wtf?

Raven00x
January 15th, 2004, 12:51 PM
heh, no problem.

Nymph
January 15th, 2004, 01:17 PM
This makes me just laugh, I got a mental pic of wjat Raven said...LMAO....I was in a marching Band in High School. So I could see the comedy of it....oh nevermind guess you had to be there...LOL
:wink:

Evil_Gondi
January 15th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Actually, the whole band isn't gonna play it, just me and some buds. And my friend actually devised a way to march with a bass guitar. It involved 2 really big batteries, wiring skills, and a light amp.

And come to think of it, when I joined band, I was automatically in marching, jazz, varsity, etc.

Evil

Zeal
January 15th, 2004, 11:38 PM
FAT!!!!!!

I think itís time we blow this scene
Get everybody and their stuff together
Okay 3, 2, 1 letís jam

Catila Amano
January 16th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Actually, cordless electric guitars aren't unheard of. It's pretty easy to connect the output of the guitar to a wireless transmitter (like a wireless microphone transmitter), and then have the amp elsewhere (on the sideline in this case) hooked up to the receiver (possibly routed through any pedals the guitarist may want, although they'd have to be preset, rather than pedals that requires interaction).

I'm sure something similar could be done with a bass (as in bass violin, not guitar). Just put a pickup somewhere around the bridge and hook it up to a wireless transmitter. Using a bass would be a very non-traditional marching band instrument, but it's not unheard of. I've seen marching bands that use synthesizers and kettle drums located on the sideline, not marching (obviously).

As for the rest of the song, I hope you have a top-notch trumpeter, because the trumpet work in Tank! is well above the typical marching band skill. ;)

Evil_Gondi
January 16th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Cordless..... electric.... guitars.....
I like my idea better. *sticks tingue out*

----

I'm pretty sure Dobbs could play the trumpet part in Tank!

Evil

The Unforgiving
January 16th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Have you heard ALL of the song? In the full extended version they do some pretty serious jamming.

Evil_Gondi
January 16th, 2004, 07:48 PM
There's an extended version!!?

Zeal
January 17th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Yeah, I've heard it(you mean tank right?)

if not tank...uh I don't know what you're talking about, please clarify...

Tank is great!

The Unforgiving
January 17th, 2004, 06:54 PM
The 'Tank!' you hear at the begging of every episode is just the cut up version made to fit the openning credits.
The actual song is much longer.

Baudrillard
January 19th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Luke Vibert does a really cool version of Tank! if you like electronica sort of thing...

The Unforgiving
January 19th, 2004, 08:15 AM
I didn't like the re-mix very much. I prefer jazz over electronica, I guess.