PDA

View Full Version : Chardok raid of the ages (Long, but funny!)

DarkWyndre
December 2nd, 2003, 11:00 AM
Hi there,

I had such an interesting time last night, that I thought I'd share it with you all, and see if you guys had ever had any similar experiences. I got into a nice innovation factory group last night and cruised through an AA point before it broke up around 11:30 pm my time. The only really funny thing here is that we all took essense of froglok, so I was a froglok monk (I've got screenies, but no linkage, sorry). I did FD after doing a split pull and everyone started asking me to do it again... upon taking a 3rd person view, that has got the be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. If you are a monk, or know one... get an essence of froglok, park the monk in POK and start feigning death. Trust me... (this is probably something akin to /panic in the comic, hehe).

So anyway, I had only been up for a few hours, so I wasn't tired... I send a tell to a cleric on the LFG tool seeing if they wanted to do some LDON and get a group together. The response I got back was "Oh, sorry, am doing a raid, you wanna come?" By this time, I had sat with LFG tag on and handled some guild stuff for like 40 minutes before I decided to make a group, so I'm like, "Sure, where are we meeting?" Up to POK I headed, to meet behind the bank. When I got there, noticed a lot of my friends from a guild on my server, House Kylaz... and after repeated inquiry, was told we were headed to Chardok. I still need my monk epic piece there, so I was like, cool!

Turns out the raid leader had NEVER BEEN to chardok, and needed to go kill the king for a drop for his epic. I've been to chardok so much it makes my stomach turn, and when they asked if anyone had ever been and done the entire trip, I was the only one (Bad sign #1, LOL). So I was asked to lead the raid at this point. We had a 65 rogue, a few high chanters, plenty of clerics, and lots of utility so I called the porters to get us going to skyfire. Somewhere along the way, un-noticed by anybody, the rogue disappeared (foreshadowing anybody?).

So, about an HOUR after initially being invited to the raid, we zone into chardok, all buffed and ready to go. I start leading everyone back, things are going great until everyone takes the exit direction in the tunnel instead of following me down towards the kings area. Finally get everyone back on track and we're over near the betrayer pop spot and the main tank wanders off down the wrong bridge and nearly dies. By this point, I'm already thinking of just camping out and taking my chances coming back. The guy we're doing the raid for keeps shouting nonsense in raid chat, and telling everyone to stop and asking me if I'm sure of the way, all that good crap.

So we get down into the area with the locked doors and clear the square. I call for the rogue to come pick the lock to kings area... no rogue. I'm sitting here going... oh yeah, this is a real success. So the mage pipes up and says "Maybe I can use Eye of Zomm trick?" ... sure enough, he sends his eye through and starts pulling through the locked door, first pull is insane, about 15 sarnaks but the chanters are good and nobody goes down. He pulls all the way back to the false wall and then gets out of range and can't do it anymore. So much for that idea. So we pull the prince room using same trick while we wait for a rogue to show up so we can COH him, one of the druids takes off to bring a new rogue.

So we pull the prince and get 3 adds. No problem, prince goes down quick, one chanter death from a too early slow and tash that we couldn't get aggro off in time, no big deal, plenty of clerics for rezzes. Wrong. The chanter who went down was on roots and nobody picked up his duty when he called out that he was down. Final pull from the prince's room ran. You can guess what happened.

Both monks and a necro FD survive, necro gets a cleric rezzed, who gets a chanter for crack, and we have about half the raid rezzed and awaiting rezz effects to wear off when, you guessed it, repop. LOL, Total wipe, had to get the coffins and such summoned, etc... after all was said and done, got the earring that casts spirit of scaled wolf and some so-so warrior boots for my part. I have to say, it was not the best raid I've ever been on, but I probably had more fun with this than I have in the streamlines I usually lead and go on.

Anyway, hope everyone is entertained.

Regards,
DarkWyndre

Satarus
December 2nd, 2003, 11:13 AM
Dang that sucks. Although why where you rooting? Snare is much better cause it lasts longer, won't break on you, and the mob doesn't switch to proximity aggro.

Naelaen
December 2nd, 2003, 11:25 AM
Dang that sucks. Although why where you rooting? Snare is much better cause it lasts longer, won't break on you, and the mob doesn't switch to proximity aggro.

Said it all. Unless they were rooting before they got into melee range... but then why bother when you have chanters!

We want screenies of feigning froglok monks!! :D

Satarus
December 2nd, 2003, 11:28 AM
I need to get a froglok essence and try to instill doubt. Its still fun to get like nights dark terror, or tricksters and run up to newbies and instill doubt them.

Ego
December 2nd, 2003, 11:29 AM
heh :)

Satarus
December 2nd, 2003, 11:32 AM
Its also fun to get into mock fights with other bards, rogues, and monks in raids just for fun. Although i get lots of tells from bards asking me how i can instill doubt.

Naelaen
December 2nd, 2003, 11:36 AM
I haven't seen a bard instill doubt, but the monk one is far cooler than the rogue one (except if you have a long weapon and it seems like they spin it in their right hand :))

DarkWyndre
December 2nd, 2003, 01:24 PM
Heh,

I'll get an animated gif of the froggie feigning death... anyone know of a good vid capture prog I can use with EQ for that?

Coffee
December 2nd, 2003, 01:29 PM
Satarus, something I saw funny about a year ago in Rathe was two bards having an interesting varient of a duel; they'd charmed a hill giant each, and had the giants fighting each other. I think there was a rogue there taking a pool on which would win too.

Keaolien
December 2nd, 2003, 07:52 PM
Im actually the raidleader for House Kylaz on Saryrn. Sckalez Dewldahng. Monk. I was unable to attend to lead the raid due to RL problems, so sorry it ended up that way :-/ I've been to Dok far too many times, lol. Again, I apologize for what happened in Chardok :-/

DarkWyndre
December 3rd, 2003, 12:42 AM
Hehe,

So we went back tonight... got the king... I'm too tired to even go into the rest of what it was like... needless to say that Chardok is a pretty rough zone if you are not all on the same page.

Nosferatu
December 3rd, 2003, 02:08 AM
Been there, man. I can feel the pain. Too many Royal Raids end up with massive corpse summoning - though, usually because someone falls in the King's pit trap (basically a hole in the ground that drops you into the King's room).

I agree on the rooting, though. I find it odd that you didn't have one of the druids/wizards doing snare (and/or root). Hell, if you had necro's, they can snare. Root is an ugly, ugly thing and should really only be used when necessary (such as parking attendant duties).

Glad you got the king, finally, though. My guild just recently did 1-prince, 3-queens, and 4-kings for a mass epic gathering feast. We were very proud of our abilities to farm the Royals - we aren't that big of a guild.