PDA

View Full Version : EQII Release Date

Vicious
January 16th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Sorry if this is common knowledge but some of my guildies and myself are very confused?

Gamestop says it's 3/1
EQ says it's 6/14

Or is there not a solid release date yet?

Thanks!

Raven00x
January 16th, 2004, 01:46 PM
gamestop/electronics boutique has several times in the past stated a release date well ahead of whatever the publisher has announced. i'd go with what EQ says and ignore anything that EB or gamestop says.

Foehammer
January 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM
The release date at Gamestop/EB is wrong. I used to work at a Gamestop, and 3/1 was the date entered in their system for anything without a release date. In other words: 3/1 = no official release date. I wouldn't be surprised if EQ2 isn't released until late '04 or even '05. There isn't a beta yet, and the only screens so far released are alpha quality, or just 3DSM demos.

Dark Tyger
January 16th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Hmm, yeah. I think it's EB or Amazon that has some date in June set for WoW release. The PR gal from Blizzard said she has no clue where they got their release date, since Blizzard didn't even know when it'd be ready yet. From what I've seen, both Amazon and EB are bad about setting seemingly arbitrary release dates on upcoming releases before any official word on a date has been set.

Naelaen
January 16th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I think Foehammer is right, Amazon/EB need a date on the system so they can begin pre-orders. Hell they could put it as the summer of '69 :mrgreen:

Zarithar
January 17th, 2004, 08:03 PM
...Or it could be the actual release date so that SOE can let folks pay to beta test their game like they did (and are still doing so I hear) with SWG... :roll:

Wolf
January 17th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Eq2 and WoW wont be out for a long time :(

Necrosaro
January 17th, 2004, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't believe either of them. Release dates are about as reliable as a 15 year old rusty Yugo.

Cantatus
January 17th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah, Horizons had some problems when EBGames and Gamestop pushed the release date they had back several months causing people on the boards to get really upset and start questioning it. Artifact had to make an official announcement that the dates were wrong and they were "on schedual." (Guess that is an example where EBGames and Gamestop had a better estimation though! ;) )

Jennivere
January 18th, 2004, 12:32 AM
There is no solid release date. Just sometime in 2004.

One of the best sites for info is:

http://www.eqii.com