PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha

Soria
January 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I recently started watching Inuyasha, and so far it's the only t.v Anime I like. Anyho, I was wondering if there are any other fans out there.

I know some people of Inuyasha ava's but just curious.

The Unforgiving
January 16th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I like Inuyashsa, though I usualy skip right over the re-runs.
<-- TiVo enabled =)

By the way. Anyone know if there are going to be any new ones on AS? Would love to see the end of the series.

Keaolien
January 16th, 2004, 05:23 PM
It's a decent series. I prefer Kenshin though, hehe

Evil_Gondi
January 16th, 2004, 06:07 PM
It'd be nice if they didn't water it down so much for us who can't speak Japanese. It's also be nice if they didn't do a rerun every other friggin day.

Evil

Enchanter
January 16th, 2004, 07:22 PM
it is a fun watch =)

Radical Edward
January 16th, 2004, 10:59 PM
As you can probly guess, yes.

Nolequen
January 17th, 2004, 12:08 AM
I don't know how far behind you are in the states, but Inuyasha is still running new eps here in Japan, so I dunno if I would expect to see the end for a while....

And this is Rumiko Takahashi stuff, so the end may or may not be worth waiting for.... (see Ranma1/2 for example)

Nolequen

Zeal
January 17th, 2004, 04:12 AM
I like Inuyasha also, but I am still want to see in in Japanese because its a quirk I have(english dub hurtses us...darn you Eric Stuart and David Lucas)

Inuyasha is great

Sham
January 17th, 2004, 06:17 AM
I like Inuyasha very much, but I'd like it far better if I could watch it in Japanese. The only dubbed anime that doesn't make me cringe is Cowboy Bebop - and I don't even have to watch that in English anymore. (I bought the complete series on eBay, direct from China.)

As much as I hate to think it, something tells me they'll never show my favourite anime on Adult Swim. (My favourite being One Piece.)

togashi
January 17th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Inuyasha is pretty good...much better than Cartoon Network's fixation with the Drag-On Ball series.

My favorite anime to date is Bastard...and I know they'll never show that one on TV.

Satarus
January 17th, 2004, 08:04 AM
I watch it, but whenever they go and start from the begining, there is a set of episodes I always seem to miss.

Zeal
January 17th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Cowboy Bebop? In English? (cringe) Dats David lucas as spike speigel... NOOOOOOO /feign death

*gets up*
One Piece?

I AM KING OF PIRATE! (http://www.clanbob.net/modules.php?name=Archives&action=view_strip&strip_num=417)

I am very interested in watching in an need to get access to the first eps of it at the very least so's I can see it myself. I got a great AMV that sparked my interest in it.

Binaman
January 17th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Cowboy bebop is not bad at all for a voice over, nor is Kenshin. Though I would perfer the none dubbed whenever I can afford it!

Keaolien
January 17th, 2004, 01:03 PM
My favourite anime of all time is Evangelion:Neon Genisis. I remember watching that when it first hit North America. Loved it to death then, still love it now. And sadly, I do enjoy Dragonball. But only the late episodes of Z and GT.

Woody
January 17th, 2004, 01:36 PM
I have a hard time with any kind of Anime. I can't tolerate the stilted, halting delivery of the voice actors. And the plot lines make my brain wimper for continuity and "reason".

Now, I'm not an aficionado by any stretch of the imagination. My exposure to Anime is extremely limited, but mainly because of the reasons given above. So, I'm not saying that's the way they all are.

For my money, give me freakin subtitles. Atleast then, I can admire the artwork and animation without being subjected to the horrible over-dubs.

---

If this post annoys you, remember it is only my opinion. You should ignore it and thuroughly enjoy watching the programs and forget that I even opened my mouth.

Mihos
January 17th, 2004, 01:41 PM
I was never that big into anime until I met my fiancee. She was convinced (rightly so, in my opinion) that the subtitled versions maintaining the original language dialogue were far better than the 'translated' versions. We've stuck to that, and have a very small collection of anime that we enjoy. Evangelion is one of her favorites; she had posters hanging all over her room when I first met her years ago.

So I agree with Woody - give me subtitles.

Cuz my girl said so...

... man, I'm whipped.

Reymi_VZ
January 17th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I think Orphen is my fav. All those brooding poses in his wind blown long jacket. Magic looks pretty good - the magic not the character Magik.

Evil_Gondi
January 17th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Mihos -- Theres nothing wrong with being whipped.
---
My fav is .hack, or demon diary.

Subtitles are better than dubs though. I just stick to manga though.

Evil

togashi
January 17th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Subtitles are good because you get that occasional use of Engrish. For those of you not familiar, it's the unfortunate translation from Japanese to English, where the translator puts something together that seems correct to him, but means something totally different in English. Check out www.engrish.com for examples.

Zeal
January 18th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Give me subs or give me Aleve...

Velenka
January 18th, 2004, 06:47 AM
I just convinced the boyfriend to put Princess Mononoke on his Netflicks qeue *evil laugh*

I'm actually not a big fan of anime series, because I excell at slacking and never manage to see every episode of any series, or even half of them, so continuity and storyline are lost. Movies though...

-Ghost in the Shell
-Ninja Scroll
-My Neighbor Totoro
-Akira

.... you know, the.. um.. classics? :lol: But I did manage to catch an episode of Inuyasha, and as far as series go it didn't seem that bad. It caught my attention because I recognized RadicalEdward/Ghengiskhan's avatar :)

Soria
January 18th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Inuyasha is actually pretty well dubbed here, but I have watched one sub-titled anime, and I enjoyed it.

Hmm does my Neihbor Totoro include a massive bunny? Because I think that's the first anime I ever watched.

Ah yes...Ninja Scrolls. I must have watched a mucked up verison because I could never find where the scrolls came from. In my opinion it should have been called, " Ninja's who try to..play with the posion chick."

Zeal
January 18th, 2004, 12:41 PM
My First anime was pretty bad...

I don't even want to talk about it.

Totoro has a big bunny in it, yeah I think...

Baudrillard
January 19th, 2004, 07:56 AM
I tend to agree, Subtitles are generally better than dubs...

...I enjoy Inuyasha, but they kinda need to rotate new shows in Adult Swim...Escaflowne or Fuushigi Yugi or something would do wonders...

rimedragona
January 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM
^_^ My favorite anime is currently Naruto. I have only seen to about episode 20 some-odd... it's been a while... I have a friend who owns it, but I haven't seen him all winter break. I have never heard the dub of it, so I can't give a rating of the quality. But the subbing is hilarious sometimes in it's misspellings of english words, and the many variations on how they spell the main character's (Naruto) name. And then there is Kakashi-sensei. ... ... The coolest character in any series, ever. Period. Yes, he is.

Other shows I really enjoyed were Shoujo Kakumi Utena, Cowboy Bebop, Orphen, and Magic Knights Rayearth.

^_^ Utena gets more and more bizarre with every episode... I swear just as I think I have things figured out, they throw in more symbolic things and philisophical meanings and what not. Then I have to start all over... ^_^

I've only seen to episode 6 of Orphen, but that's mainly because I'm poor, and the only way I'll ever get to see it is if I buy the DVDs. Because no one else I know has ever heard of it, and it's sure never going to find it's way to TV. And I /want/ that sword. Yes, I do. Sharp pointies call to me. ^_~

And MKR is just all around good. Shoujo, yes, and CLAMP, which is wonderful. Anything done by CLAMP is something I'm sure to like. ^_^ Yes, I'm a sucker for pretty artwork. I like Ferio. Yes, I do. *squee*

I'll stop with my fangirlness, now. *rolls eyes*

I do like Inuyasha, too. Someday I will convince my friend to loan me her copy of the series, and I will watch all the episodes I have missed. Yes, I will. ^_^

EvilIguana966
January 19th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Engrish, such as http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase?

I like Inuyasha, and though it has some quirks, it's prolly my favorite currently. Some people are big anime fans, I happen to enjoy some purely coincidentally. Personally though, i'm not a fan of subtitles, nor am I of dubbing, but the dubbing means I at least get to hear it in semi decent English, which is far better than hearing a language I can't begin to comprehend.