PDA

View Full Version : VT keyed

Satarus
January 17th, 2004, 01:38 PM
When the guild was getting ready to hit VT, someone says in guild say that servitor of luclin was up (drops luclinite for VT key) and since that was my last piece, a couple guildmates head there. Well another guild beats us to the engage, so we sit there and wait for them to either kill the mob, or wipe. Well they win, but they are willing to sell the loot rights to the luclinite. Well after winning the roll with another guildmate and 7kpp later, I have my scepter of shadowed soul.

After spending hours and hours soloing/duoing for shards and spending hours of camping my emp key with guild mates and attending numerous raids kill both emporer ssra and luclin bosses that drop glowing orbs of luclinite, I finnaly have my VT key.

Now for hours of boring raiding that get rewarded with phat lewts. I hate the entire SoL expansion. If it wasn't for the gear droped in VT, nobody would bother with it

Woody
January 17th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I think that needs to be adjusted to "none of the high levels would bother with it".

Lowbies love Paladuals, and more than a few mid level folks (30-50), scatter around the various zones because there is decent experience gains to be had.

Mini raids of 2 groups or less also often find themselves out there exp-ing and getting gear.

It really bothers me when someone comes in a says SoL is only good for this one thing or that one thing. It's a completely biased and unfair opinion motivated by your own limited scope.

Mihos
January 17th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Odd as this may sound, seeing as how I play a Vah Shir, Mihos hasn't seen all too much of SoL (except for when he dies - he got sentimental and had himself bound at home again).

When people started saying that Paludal had great exp, and from there you should move on to Marus Seru and then Dawnshroud, I was clueless... and past the levels of those zones. So I hit up some of the higher zones with guildmates, great groups, and had a blast.

Consequently, I brought my alt warrior up to PC and currently MS, and he's reaping wonderful rewards, exp-wise.

Pike Tha Blodd
January 17th, 2004, 02:47 PM
only thing i could see worth griping about in SoL would be the amazing experience really hurt my monk a bit, dont get me wrong i LOVED getting two levels in an hour, but after 6 levels i realized my skills werent going up, at 15 i was 30 for hand to hand, which is just plain sad especially for a monk

Satarus
January 17th, 2004, 09:07 PM
every high end encounter there is soo boring. The burrower beast is about the only interesting event there. The rest are all snooze fests. No joke, for high priest ssra, i was at the keyboard for the first 5 min parking the mob i was supposed to mez. Then i went afk for a cookie and just didn't bother coming back untill after the fight. VT is even worse cause all the trash mobs take like 3 min to kill.

Kweil
January 17th, 2004, 09:37 PM
I refuse to do the VT key quest. I have better things to do with my time. I had a chance to play a warrior for the Emperor fight (wasn't the MT just another warrior) and seeing the pure boredom that is the fight I decided to never get my Emp key either.

Things do get better though. PoP fights aren't as much of borefests. Grats on your VT key.

Mordican
January 18th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Luclin was/is a massive time sync. It was a great expansion as far as items and new zones, but DAMN... VT key quest averages 30+ hours minimum with some people cracking 100+ hours easy. Factor in having to kill Emp and farm his key its truely maddening. That being said VT has some of the best focus items in the game all the way up to PoTime. VT and most luclin bosses are great for Flowing Thought. Its possible to hit FT15 with 3 items from VexThal. Aten Robe(FT7), Mini Aten Neck(FT4) and a cape of flames(FT4)

Unfortuantly if you were not in Uber Raid Guild #7 you are pretty much screwed.

Some of the better zones that are not uber raid guild zones are The Deep, Grieg's End, and the Akheva Ruins. Umbral Planes is another great zone to farm some good mid level armor.

For as bad as some people say SoL is, its actually one of the better rounded out expansions offering content from level1 to 60 (now 65) for most types of gamers. The port spires were a welcomed edition. (Unfortuantly they were bastardized with the port stones in PoP...)

Rade
January 18th, 2004, 02:06 AM
luclin brought singing cats, best expansion ever, i love the irony, im not old school, i came in during luclin, i leveled in shade weavers, > PC > Neth lair > MS > mons letais but well then it got slow then PoP came out and i finished up in BoT, and now im farming PoTime waiting for discord to come out = \ and the stuff in UP summons >< (although i did swarm the toilers in ME)

Naelaen
January 18th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Vah Shir Beastlords rock :D

Shadeweaver's Thicket isn't that bad a newbie area, can take you up to lvl 10 quite well. I also like Shar Vahl, seems really, I don't know, homey.

Paludal caverns is great for 9 upwards, most of my characters (since getting SoL and realising the xp of PC) have soloed from (9 or) 10-12 there, and then grouped 16-24 at the bandit camps/fiends.

Dawnshroud Peaks is slowish exp, but it's not tthat far behind LDoN and OT exp. Naelaen soloed a couple of levels there on the shrooms. But I gather Iceclad is better.

The war in Hollowshade Moor is quite interesting (for 5 minutes anyway).

And let's not forget the bazaar :mrgreen:

Mondayn
January 18th, 2004, 09:07 AM
The second longest camp next to SF I did with the VT quest. That was in ME waiting on the shard. The rest is easy (if you are a wizard at least =). And VT is well worth the reward if you ever do get to raid it. Might be boring but its got pretty sights and incredible loot / drop ratio with tons of named. The emperor fight is also worth it. Not only do you get a decent HP ring but the chance at emp loot / VT key is well worth the time put in. These days though with LDoN you can make your own set and customize it to your exact liking which is much easier on the non-uber raiding person.

Enchanter
January 18th, 2004, 10:44 PM
paludal killed the noob experience. i went to oasis recently, and there was no one there. then i went to south karana and it was equally as empty, except for random guilds passing through. I dont even want to talk about the desolation in LoIO.

Its a shame too, because those were some great zones. I guess you just cant compare to that exp bonus and ease of travel to PC.

Naelaen
January 19th, 2004, 04:38 AM
I guess you just cant compare to that exp bonus and ease of travel to PC.

Nope, but on the up side, if you want to fight in those zones, at least all the annoying KSing campstealers are on the moon.

rillaith
January 19th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Here was me thinking he meant noone would bother with the VT key quest :P

Mordican
January 19th, 2004, 06:19 AM
I guess you just cant compare to that exp bonus and ease of travel to PC.

Nope, but on the up side, if you want to fight in those zones, at least all the annoying KSing campstealers are on the moon.

Exactly... One of the things I do like about Luclin and PoP and even Velious and Kunark is that they opened up some of the old world zones just for fun and exploration. I have been able to go back and play in some of the areas I missed out on starting out as late as I did.

I actually go back to some of the older zones and load up the spells I would have used for that level just to see. Of course its not all that fair considering I can bust out uber epic pet or Super Fluffy, but still its fun to do in the down time. (And yes I did the High Elf Newb Mage armor at lvl65 just for the hell of it using lvl4 and lvl8 spells...)

Enchanter
January 19th, 2004, 07:07 AM
yeah I might just go to SK and get myself a quillmane shirt, just for kicks and giggles. would be usefull in some situations, like annoying the mage =)

Baudrillard
January 19th, 2004, 08:50 AM
I've always liked SoL, good zones, and VT made you work for the loots...before PoP anyways...

FuzzyBear
January 20th, 2004, 12:06 PM
I think SoL was one of the best expansions they've released to date. My next favorite would have to be LoY. I'm a sucker for pretty zones. The rollout on SoL was horrid, but they eventually got it working fairly well.

The models were a nice improvement (finally no more madonna chest on dark elves and erudites) the varying graphics on gear was VERY nice, and having a large number of mostly neutral faction zones was long overdue, in my opinion.

I like all of the velious faction work, but its nice to have the option to play in a zone where I don't have to think about it sometimes.

I never really understood why people XP'd in Marus Seru though, I always thought the XP was rather horrible, comparitively. I usually hit Paludal, then went to Netherbian, then off to Highkeep.
I still haven't visited a good third of the zones in the game, but I like just about everything I've seen so far.
I *do* tend to avoid key required zones though.

Satarus
January 20th, 2004, 02:02 PM
From a mid level standpoint, there are a few zones that are easy to get to that tons of people exp in. From a raid standpoint, there are tons of boring encounters. Many of them are so boring, you can just go afk for the entire fight, especially the perma rooted mobs. Only reason I stayed at my keyboard for the emperor fight was because I had to twist my MR debuff on the mob I was mezing.

Can anyone here who raids tell me at least on encounter besides the burrower beast that isn't boring.

For you raid newbies, burrower beast is a ring event that has several waves of mobs that get progresivly stronger till you fight the boss mob.

darkpaw
January 20th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I think the cursed cycle is a blast personally, AE FD, AE charm, DT's and best of all no friggen lockdown. Since I play a shaman and cleric I'm always on lockdown for HP/XTC so I know how you feel there.

Cursed is a riot though. One of my favorite EQ fights so far.

Edit: Something just came to mind. A while ago we had more then enough people to do cursed to Raidleader said feel free to kill anyone thats charmed (mostly joking). One of our wizards took that as a good excuse to mana burn someone for the fun of it. Poor rouge..

WriterChris
January 28th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Grats to you most assuredly. I am mid key myself with 4 shards banked and periodically hunting for more. There are now 4 guilds on our server in the Plane of Time so having enough keyed to hit VT is a definite thing that our guild may be adressing soon along with getting a consistent raid force for ST.

Satarus
January 28th, 2004, 08:57 AM
I would like to be able to raid ST. I have the talisman but nobody ever raids there. I even paid 15 RPs for the stupid thing. Oh well it is a decent neck slot item untill I get my powered clockwork talisman.

Gintora
January 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Grats on the key

My guild voted to skip VT all together and focus on PoP when it was released. Clearing Time in 4~5 hours is fun, and the gear is the best. I'm a step away from my VT key, just "to have it".

One irk though, as an officer of a raiding guild...

No joke, for high priest ssra, i was at the keyboard for the first 5 min parking the mob i was supposed to mez. Then i went afk for a cookie and just didn't bother coming back untill after the fight.
Can't stand afk'ers who do this.

Many of them are so boring, you can just go afk for the entire fight, especially the perma rooted mobs.
This either.

PoP tested some patience of some with the flagging process. (We have to do Torment again!??! ) I really hope flags are out in the next expansion.

Gintora Jellicle
Sol Invictus
The Tribunal

Satarus
January 28th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I love PoP, the events are fun and require tacticss and cooperation. Also you don't have a 3 hour clear fest of mobs just to get to the target like VT, you have events that challenge you like the Agnarr event. While back flagging is a pain, I prefer it to the mindless key camping like for emp where there is no reward to the people who already have thier key. At least with backflagging there is loot drops.

Rifter
January 28th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Let's not forget the implementing of the Bazaar when SoL was released. (Although, it probably would of been created in some other expansion.) I still 'member the good ol' days, when people sat in the tunnels of the East Commonlands.

You couldn't set up /trader and go to work, while money grew on your ass back then. No sir.

Enchanter
January 28th, 2004, 12:39 PM
lol remember the good old days when selling binds in FP and orc lift was a source of pp? Dont miss the damn boats though, never had a good boat experiance. the first time i went to Kunark to get breeze i fell off and had to gate back to FP =(

Rifter
January 28th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I sure do! I made a Human Mage, specifically for the purpose of binding people for money.

Luckily, I never once fell off of a boat. I was warned against touching things on the boat a very young age. I saw my best friend do it once, though. **Snicker**

Satarus
January 28th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Let's not forget the implementing of the Bazaar when SoL was released.

Actually the bazaar was implemented AFTER luclin. Remember the entire SoL expansion wasn't finished when they released it. I remember going into the bazaar and being the only one in there.

Also i think i was on the crazy server where everyone sold in Greater Faydark (G-Bay or FayMart as we called it). Nobody sold in EC although some people did hang out in the tunnel.