PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a purchase

Jacene
January 17th, 2004, 09:12 PM
I recently got a new PC, it is pretty good, and I was thinking of trying SWG. I tried SWG a long time ago on my old cpu and for some reason it said I didn't meet the requirements (I read the specs for it and I swear I thought I had what I needed). When it didn't work I sold it to a friend of mine, but now I have been thinking of trying it again. Those of yall who play it, how would it run on these specs? And if it will run pretty well, is it worth the fee?

Specs for my CPU

Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
2.99 GHz
1.00 GB of RAM
Dual drives, 133GB on my D drive (the one I use for all my games)
ATI Radeon 9800 128MB graphics card.

Thanks yall.

Serresrelic
January 17th, 2004, 11:12 PM
What someone would need with 2 133Gb hard drives is way beyond me.

/boggle.

I have a 60 gig drive, and even with games, programming languages, and massive Flash projects taking up my drive space, I still can't even fill up a third of my space...

Anyway, 3 GHz processors are pretty much the top of the line right now - only a couple that are a little bit higher, but not a noticable performance difference, no game out on the market requires anywhere close to 1 gig of RAM, and the video card is just dandy. When you have that much harddrive space, it's irrelevent to game play performance.

I have to say it truly does amaze me how much money people will spend to build the biggest and baddest computer, when they don't even utilize half of the computers capabilities and if they waited 3 months they could have built the same computer for half the price. Not saying that's what you did, but seeing your computer specs reminded me of that phenomenon that I see all too frequently.