PDA

View Full Version : So here is a question for everybody...

allina
January 18th, 2004, 08:20 PM
If you could jump into a time machine and go back to 1932 and kill Hitler, would you do it?

LowerClassBrat
January 18th, 2004, 08:22 PM
YES!!

Binaman
January 18th, 2004, 08:25 PM
i wouldn't tamper with History, who knows what horrible effects that could lead to. What if there was some Nazi even more vile and cruel than Hitler, and if by your hand killing Hitler allowed him/her to take power and rule the entire world where only White blonde haired and blue eyed men were allowed to live and reproduce with whatever the "perfect" woman would be in the eyes of a Nazi? just think about it =D

Kordesh
January 18th, 2004, 08:25 PM
No. The best way to fix the past is not to screw up the future.

Binaman
January 18th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Good thinking there/ I would like to imagine a perfect world sometime. It is easy lack of humans and all problems solved. No I am not preaching to destroy all of man kind I happen to like being alive ;)

allina
January 18th, 2004, 08:31 PM
ok there are yes's and no's. what would we do to prevent that part of history from happening again, without turning the world into some insanely controlled gov. operation.

Garlron
January 18th, 2004, 08:33 PM
No way. Learn from the past, don't change it.

MCW
January 18th, 2004, 08:47 PM
many people didn't think someone could be so destructive and put any idea out of mind.

The game "Red Alert" was based on the fact of hitler being killed.

My answer to the initial quest is, I would not kill him. But if I would use the power of time travel to my own advantage. Why kill if you can change.

Ciarin
January 18th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't. For one, it might create a paradox. But the main reason is this: Hitler was not very good at military strategy, which eventually caused his downfall because we took advantage of his flaws, especially considering he tried a 3 front war. If someone else had been in power who had better military knowledge, the nazi's might have won.

Also, in 1932 I don't believe he committed any crimes, and therefore wouldn't warrant the death penalty. I would only kill someone for immediate endangerment to myself or others, not future endangerment.

Remban
January 18th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't. You think the world is overpopulated now? just think how overpopulated it would be if World War 2 never happened and the millions of civilians and soldiers killed instead went on to reproduce!

Wolf
January 18th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Hmmmm, I probably wouldnt for many reasons. And here they are....

1. Over Population, we need a good old genocide

2. There could have been an evil jewish guy.

3. There could have been a group of aliens disguissed as jews in germany and Hitler killed them.

4. The war also showed how bad ass America is so i wouldnt do anything

Here are reasons why i would....

1. I could legally kill some one.

2. Ive never been 3 states away from Illinois so id love to go to Austria and kill him while he was a kid.

3. And id rather spend my time waiting for the super bowls and bet on them.

4. Too lazy to kill some one.

EDIT: Oh ya, id also not kill him because my dog is probably a reincarnation of hitler so then i wouldnt have one of my dogs and that would suck.

Ciarin
January 18th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Wouldn't 3 and 4 on your second list be reasons you wouldn't kill him?

Nymph
January 18th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Ever hear of Pandoras Box.....To go back is to open it...So NO

BlackMage
January 18th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I would rather be able to go back in time, pour a cup of pee into the primordial soup, then have it run on a sepereate dimension, see what its like in 2004, then go back and stop myself. Wee!

Wolf
January 18th, 2004, 11:28 PM
OOOO ya they would be. Its late, go away....

Enchanter
January 18th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I would go back in time, but then I would kick F Scott Fitzgeral in the 'stones'. Teach him to write the Great Gatsby