PDA

View Full Version : Question about the various desktops

Poofe 'n Evandril
December 3rd, 2003, 09:57 PM
Which desktop so far has hit 100% first? And how long did it take? I'm wondering if the Dragon Desktop will beat Toast's desktop ;)

MCW
December 3rd, 2003, 10:00 PM
I kinda hate to say this, but I think is dragon contest has drawn a lot of attention away from the wallpaper at hand.

Ciarin
December 3rd, 2003, 10:30 PM
I don't think the dragon competition is taking attention away from the wallpaper.

In fact, it seems the wallpaper is getting donations very quickly.

MCW
December 3rd, 2003, 10:32 PM
that may be true, perhaps your right, and now that I think about the current community, I would agree with you.

Woody
December 3rd, 2003, 11:40 PM
MCW, I hate to do this to you again, but your grasp of your impact on this community is oddly distorted.

You do realize that there are only 400 accounts registered on these boards, but more that 22 thousand people that read GU each day during the week, right?

And the donations are very much similar this month to last month and the month before that. Remember the person on the old boards asking if the donations were setting a speed record because they hit 50% in 3 or 4 days?

It's been 3 days. Trust me when I tell you this is par for the course.

Rhiamon Fatesealer
December 4th, 2003, 10:30 AM
We've always hit 100%, usually quite a bit above it.

SacredWolfPack
December 4th, 2003, 10:47 AM
I'd love to be Woody. Money pooring in while I draw and do fun things.

Poofe 'n Evandril
December 4th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Aye, I know every one has...Just wondering which one made it the fastest ;) Haven't paid attention as much to the others, to be honest <g>

And while I'd love to have Woody's talent, I'd not be as nice as he is...He's a slave driver, it seems <g>

Woody
December 4th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Well... I certainly wouldn't say "pouring" in. Because it simply is not. I could make money doing other things, that's for certain.

Poofe I'll do some spreadsheet parsing when I have some extra time.

Woody
December 4th, 2003, 04:01 PM
July was the first month I really asked people for donations, and that was the month I had to ask for help to move. The 100% mark was $800 and it was reached the first day. Donations started on 7/7. The truck hit 501% by the end of the month.

In August the 100% mark was set at $450. Predictably, reaching the goal took a while longer as SO many people had donated SO much the month before. The 50% mark was hit on the 18th; the 100% mark was hit on the 19th. The final tally was 235%.

Because the 100% mark was hit relatively easy in August, I upped the ante to make it more of a challenge. So the 100% mark in September was moved up to $600 and has stayed at $600 since. The 50% mark was hit on the 4th; 100% was hit on the 13th. The final tally was 172%.

October was Toast month. The guage hit 50% on the 2nd and 100% on the 13th. The final tally was 190%.

Last month the guage hit 50% on the 5th and 100% on the 19th. The final tally was 135%.

This month the guage hit 50% on the 3rd.

As you can see the guage usually hits 50% in the first few days and 100% around the middle of the month. But, technically the move month was the fastest. Toast is tied with the Orcs for 2nd.

Poofe 'n Evandril
December 4th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Thank you, my curiosity got the best of me on that one (Not an uncommon thing, I'll admit ;) )

kaya raven
December 7th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Woody works hard to keep us laughing and deserves every penny that is donated. I'm glad that there are so many folks out there that enjoy his comics. I didnt realize that there were so many people that are on this board and read GU WOW :shock: .

I wish I could draw like ya Woody, but I wouldn't even come close. :)
Yer doing great!! :wink:

Takara
December 7th, 2003, 10:20 PM
pppst, Kaya, you might want to work on spelling Woody's name correctly if you're going to compliment him.

Inara
December 8th, 2003, 06:59 AM
I actualy went out and got myself a Paypal account to donate to this site. Sheesh that was a bad idea. Now I keep wanting to buy things on line too....

kaya raven
December 8th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Pssst Takara .... he has a sense of humor and anyways its a typo, no one is perfect...get over it sheesh :roll:

Ciarin
December 8th, 2003, 06:02 PM
HE REALLY doesn't like it when his name is misspelled, even if it is a typo.

Takara
December 8th, 2003, 07:31 PM
He does not have a sense of humor about people misspelling or mistyping his name. Trust me.

Re-read your post before you press send.

It's not that hard.

sheesh.

Bashadorf
December 8th, 2003, 07:51 PM
i would donate but my credit card is plaqued with the amazing ability to only be able to spend 20$ on it, but ill donate before the wallpaprer is sent out, i like dragons *points to the uber avatar*, i hope its not only a dollar though

BlackMage
December 8th, 2003, 08:05 PM
I'm going to open up a pay pal account around 97% or something, I really would like to get a good desktop, and a dragon one looks nice. And then imagine getting the original art, that would be neat!