PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh newegg... where you can find computer hardware, accessories, games, and a giggle

UpYours
May 19th, 2006, 01:51 AM
So I recently ordered an extra fan for my rig from newegg. The fan comes with a free sticker that usually costs 5 dollars, but you can basically get it for free with any order. Well, I clicked on the sticker's info to.. well, get more info! I went through the information and everything when I decided to run through the reviews... well, I was laughing pretty hard by the time I got to the end... some of those people that wrote the reviews are pretty... original.

here's an example:

Pros: Installation was a bit technical I had to ensure that I removed the adhesive backing in a way that my fingers didn't touch the sticky part. When applying I used a level and chalk line.After Adhesion I used a plastic icescraper to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles that may have settled in the adhesion process. After the tricky installation I am very pleased with the stickers performance and not to mention Neweggs fantastic customer service and prompt shipping. Kudos Newegg you are showing your true potential.

--

Maybe my humour is retarded... I dont know. Either way, here's the link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16800999137

Enjoy (its a freakin sticker!)

Insomniac
May 19th, 2006, 05:33 AM
People are so silly. :p

Gnomish
May 19th, 2006, 11:07 AM
lol... thats funny

asquithfeare
May 19th, 2006, 12:04 PM
hahaha Lol that's funny

Andara Bledin
May 19th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I love NewEgg.

And I've noticed they have a pretty amusing review-base, too.

I mean, really. What type of person is going to write a review of a sticker in the first place?

Woody
May 19th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't say your sense of humor was retarded, that would imply that it was limited. If your sense of humor was limited, you wouldn't find the sticker reviews amusing at all.

---

By the way, I think it funny that the sticker is listed as OEM.
Maybe my sense of humor has a strong geek bias.

Breandan
May 19th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I laughed my butt off at this one-

"Cons: - Not removable - Not a pile of money - Peel off backing isn't useful - Dangerous to long hair, pet's fur, canaries"

Dawn White
May 19th, 2006, 12:34 PM
...I'm not sure I want to know how the reviewer found out the sticker was dangerous to canaries...

Gnomish
May 19th, 2006, 12:43 PM
i agree with Dawn

Iyanden
May 21st, 2006, 03:04 PM
Pros: Sticky

Cons: It didnt boost my FPS on Counter-Strike like it said it would.

Heh, that one had me laughing.