PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion Dominoes

Kikaro
May 26th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Ok this has to be one of the cooler things ive seen done in games before.

This was all set up with the level editor for Oblivion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyHiIeBsc9E&search=oblivion%20book%20dominoes

*edit*

Oops this was supposed to go to "A Very Special Forum" I didnt mean to post it in the wrong forum... Sorry.

Nulien
May 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
*jaw hits the floor*

Wow...

I'm impressed that someone even came up with that idea at all. Certainly pulled it off amazingly well too... must've taken quite a while. (Though I guess they wouldn't have had to worry about accidentally setting the whole thing off while setting it up, like I used to do when I played with dominoes as a kid...)

Aren31
May 27th, 2006, 02:07 PM
That was incredible, it's like mousetrap lol

Eriol
May 27th, 2006, 03:39 PM
IMO woulda been better w/o most of the traps... seem like kind of "cop outs" in case it didn't work partway through so he could re-start it.

Still... impressive.

Cobble
May 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I thought the opposite. without the traps I would have got bored. The traps were a nice touch.

NerfTheWarmech
May 27th, 2006, 06:02 PM
You realize the traps were being set off by the books and pearls, not the player, right?

wiccalight
May 27th, 2006, 07:56 PM
sweet, one of the reasons why i love the elder scroll series, you can do anything to these game.

Erling E.
May 27th, 2006, 08:58 PM
It seems like only yesterday that they invented ragdoll physics. Now we got games that can imitate real life physics with extreme precision. Wow.

DeoFayte
May 27th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Yet another perfect example that people today have too much free time :) love it!

Seleste
May 27th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Now we got games that can imitate real life physics with extreme precision. Wow.
Like swords standing upright on their tips! ;)

Tathaur
May 27th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Like swords standing upright on their tips! ;)

Which, assuming a perfectly balanced sword, perfectly crafted, and set up at a perfect 180 degree angle, is perfectly possible. :P

I'll just go on a limb here and assume Oblivion doesn't factor notches, bends, and bad craftmanship into it's physics models, so I guess it's accurate. =)

Chant
May 29th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Unbelievably cool!

But still, some people have too much spare time :)

Stormakov
June 1st, 2006, 08:19 AM
I did something like this but it was more along the lines of traps setting off traps with human bodies ^^

IE: I set off trap 1, hits elf 1 who goes flying into trap 2 which hits elf 2 sending him into trap 3, etc.

Very good video though, loved the Dominoes Idea haha

Erling E.
June 1st, 2006, 12:14 PM
I did something like this but it was more along the lines of traps setting off traps with human bodies ^^

IE: I set off trap 1, hits elf 1 who goes flying into trap 2 which hits elf 2 sending him into trap 3, etc.

Very good video though, loved the Dominoes Idea haha

Hearing all that, I'm starting to miss TIM*.

(The Incredible Machine)

Soria
June 1st, 2006, 04:25 PM
O_O Wow..